• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I am impressed

The last two weeks jacksonville and oakland threw everything they had at us. And we perservered and ground out a win. We played calm and effective I dont know if I have ever seen a team comeback two weeks in a row so patiently. I am pretty amazed by this young team.

Oh watching the Bills comeback and win at a bar where Pats fans were staring at a 20 in the hole... was pretty awesome too.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: I am impressed

In years past we would have been 1-2. We NEVER win these kind of games. This is already a special season. Everything is going our way. It's actually kind of weird...
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hydrosmak
      Everything is going our way. It's actually kind of weird...
      I disagree... I dont think things are going our way... I think we are making things happen.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

There is much to be pleased about, but much work is needed still. We shouldn't be behind at all, if we're going to dominate.

I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by MBBedard
          I disagree... I dont think things are going our way... I think we are making things happen.
          Engineering 4th quarter comebacks is all about your teams ability to dictate play when it matters the most.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

In years past we would have been 1-2. We NEVER win these kind of games. This is already a special season. Everything is going our way. It's actually kind of weird...
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
              I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
              • May 2005

The last two weeks jacksonville and oakland threw everything they had at us. And we perservered and ground out a win. We played calm and effective I dont know if I have ever seen a team comeback two weeks in a row so patiently. I am pretty amazed by this young team.

Oh watching the Bills comeback and win at a bar where Pats fans were staring at a 20 in the hole... was pretty awesome too.
              Jacksonville threw most of what they had healthy at us... I'll agree with you about Oakland though. I don't think we beat Jacksonville in that same situation if they're healthy, but then again, that doesn't much matter at this point.

One thing is for sure, the last 2 weeks are the type of games we practically never won the past few years. I love that this team can come from behind in the 4th to win... I just wish they wouldn't make a habit of doing it that way.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Agreed we need to make an example of St Louis.
                It was all

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

For 3 quarters yesterday, nothing was going our way. Bad calls, penalties, fumbles, sacks. It was all going wrong until we made things happen.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Agreed we need to make an example of St Louis.
                    Pounce them to a bloody pulp. 35-0 would be nice.

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

I am talking more like Brady getting hurt and the whole AFC being in shambles compared to what everyone expected before the season. I mean who thought we would be in the top 5 right now in the AFC?
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• The King
                        • Jun 2004

I am talking more like Brady getting hurt and the whole AFC being in shambles compared to what everyone expected before the season. I mean who thought we would be in the top 5 right now in the AFC?
                        That I agree with !!!!!
                        It was all

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Great feeling with a 3-0 team and facing one of the worst teams in the league

Comment

• The King
                            • Jun 2004

This rules... Jules and I are talking about coming up again just to have another memory from this season.
                            It was all

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

feels a lot like 88 when those bills started learning how to win tight games
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X