PDA

View Full Version : My Bills Game Quick hits

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 10:12 AM
In no particular order, the good, bad and ugly.

Trent Edwards: I despise threads in here comparing him to Losman, I rarely if ever get involved in any of them, but after yesterday I have to say this. I think if Losman was the QB yesterday we lose by 20. Trent is the leader of this team, hands-down going forward. You know what pumped me up more than any stat? Him pacing the bench imploring the defense to make a stop to get him the ball again. That was the first time he reminded me of Jim Kelly. Not in size or style, but in leadership. At times he stunk up the field, but man when we needed it, did he ever deliver. This guy is the REAL f'n deal, recognize. 177 yards in the FOURTH quarter?? Two straight fourth quarter comebacks?

** Memo to Jason Peters. Stop looking like you dont care.. That first half was awful, he gave up more plays in 2 quarters than he did in 16 games last year.. Blocking at times with only his arms. I LOVED, LOVEEEED that Jauron benched him near end of first half to send him a message.. Did you see Peters in the second half? He was knocking people all over the place. Jauron was right to bench him and thankfully, Peters responded.

* Our OL run blocking is horrendous, and the pass blocking for 40 minutes was no better. Im sick of everyone taking shots at Fowler and Peters all the time and nobody else. Kelly and Warren were making Dockery their ***** all day long. This guy has struggled big time. He's been no better than Fowler or anyone else run blocking.

* Marshawn Lynch is a man. That's all I can say. He single-handedly made things happen.. The holes were non-existant. Again, to use a JP/Trent comparison, if McGahee was the RB we lose by 20 yesterday. What a f'n beast; get ready to punch your ticket to Hawaii, Marshawn.

* Donte Whitner: I know your the leader off the field and all, but Im counting 35 games and running where I've yet to see you make a significant impact. That stupid tackle 8 yards in the end zone would've costed us had the refs not caled a terrible taunting penalty on the Raiders (which I didn't see)

* I dont know what I can say about Kyle Williams. Easily the suprise of this team to me right now. He looks like a beast three games in a row right now. That's what having a guy like Stroud next to you does.

* Kelsay was HUGE. Schobel played very well too.

* People expecting things from Hardy discounted (myself included) how good Josh Reed can be when utlized.. We lose without him yesterday. He's tough as nails, and I love the way he blocks.. Getting under Wilson's skin in the 4th quarter was huge. Five catches and ALL were first downs.. He's headed for a career year.

* Terrible angle by Simpson on the long TD to higgins.

* Love Roscoe, but his bonehead decision to field a punt in the end zone almost costed us the game. Holding penalty on the play we start at the 1 and two plays later we throw an INT that turns into six.

* That was not a good game for Evans. He got punked on that INT, and the fumble was terrible. And so was the pass interference play; he didnt' need to do that.

* we lose this game last year.. That's the best sign I can think of this team is becoming for real. at season's end, this game we did everything to lose but still came out on top could be the difference with making the playoffs.

* Darian Barnes was pretty clutch.

camelcowboy
09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I disagree Whitner did the right thing. Team needed him to send a message mission accomplished.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
I disagree Whitner did the right thing. Team needed him to send a message mission accomplished.
I disagree.. Send it during a play.

We got lucky they called a penalty on them as well. Otherwise, we'd have been in even more trouble.

It was a dumb thing to do.

trapezeus
09-22-2008, 11:25 AM
* Donte Whitner: I know your the leader off the field and all, but Im counting 35 games and running where I've yet to see you make a significant impact. That stupid tackle 8 yards in the end zone would've costed us had the refs not caled a terrible taunting penalty on the Raiders (which I didn't see)

i disgaree on the whitner status. i am commenting on this in my article this week in more detail. but to answer your question, the raiders stormed the field like it was the last play of the game. there was a pile on at the 45, 10 or 15 yards into the field. it is unsportsman like conduct.

RockStar36
09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
I disagree on Whitner too.

That put thte Raiders up 16-7 but I feel that simple act got the Bills fired up to come back.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
I disagree on Whitner too.

That put thte Raiders up 16-7 but I feel that simple act got the Bills fired up to come back.
I'm not going to go back and forth on Whitner because there are far more important and better things to discuss about the game.

But I think it was stupid. It could've costed us a chance at busting a long return to get back into the game sooner.

Fortunately, Trent got protection and tore up their secondary, and our defense made a KEY stand when there wasn't anymore room for error.

BigZ
09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks Pat - good note as usual. Agree wholeheartedly that Edwards is starting to remind me of Kelly.

Captain gameboy
09-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Next game we start with four wides, and let Trent and the slots sit on underneath patterns that Trent throws with accuracy.

A couple of screens and fly's for balance.

Run in the second half.

That is where our offensive strength is.

yordad
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Next game we start with four wides, and let Trent and the slots sit on underneath patterns that Trent throws with accuracy.

A couple of screens and fly's for balance.

Run in the second half.

That is where our offensive strength is.I was thinking the same thing.

shelby
09-22-2008, 04:31 PM
You forgot Poz!