PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Draft

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Marshawn Lynch.. Paul Posluszny.. Trent Edwards.

What the F more can you say.??

Thank you Marv, Modrak.. Whomever..

Wow, what a freegin draft that's looking like. could go down as one of the top 2-3 ever.

trapezeus
09-22-2008, 10:17 AM
i was thinking the same thing on the flight home yesterday. it's too bad with the wright pick. i wonder if we got a halfway servicable player in the 4th who jazzed up we'd be.

don137
09-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Other than McCargo the last few drafts have been outstanding.
The top 3 in 2007 is unbelievable but 2006 overall have some solid players too.

1- Whitner, McCargo
3- Youboty
4- K Simpson
5- K Williams and B Butler
6- K Ellison

ghz in pittsburgh
09-22-2008, 10:37 AM
And $$$$$ soon. Remember the Moulds vs Cowert decision?

This Bills team, like the Steelers team, will quickly run out the cap money by retaining their own players.

The way it is going, Edwards is a must. Poz a priority. I love Marshawn but with his running style and the pounding he takes, I don't know how long he's going to last. BUT you have to reward players like him who gives everything they have on Sundays.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 10:40 AM
And $$$$$ soon. Remember the Moulds vs Cowert decision?

This Bills team, like the Steelers team, will quickly run out the cap money by retaining their own players.

The way it is going, Edwards is a must. Poz a priority. I love Marshawn but with his running style and the pounding he takes, I don't know how long he's going to last. BUT you have to reward players like him who gives everything they have on Sundays.
They have the potential to have a Colts-like modeled franchise.

You'll see very few FA's come in, and the priority will be retaining their own. Just like with Indy, guys who were replacable like Edge will be allowed to leave (Crowell for now, who knows later on) but the core guys MUST be retained. Look at how the Colts have been able to maintain their core for so long (Freeny, Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Clark, Sanders, Saturday, etc). They draft excellent. we have to keep drafting the same.

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Marshawn Lynch.. Paul Posluszny.. Trent Edwards.

What the F more can you say.??

Thank you Marv, Modrak.. Whomever..

Wow, what a freegin draft that's looking like. could go down as one of the top 2-3 ever.

Op hated the Trent Edwards pick and called him a clip holder. Now he has us at 3-0...

Thank you Marv and FO for not thinking the way Op does!!!

billsburgh
09-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Op hated the Trent Edwards pick and called him a clip holder. Now he has us at 3-0...

Thank you Marv and FO for not thinking the way Op does!!!
and Pat was dead set against drafting Poz

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
and Pat was dead set against drafting Poz
Wrong.

I was dead set against drafting Poz with the 11th pick, which was widely rumored we were leaning towards doing.

I advocated Lynch with that pick from the get go.

I have no problems admitting when Im wrong about something, but this aint one of them.

billsburgh
09-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Wrong.

I was dead set against drafting Poz with the 11th pick, which was widely rumored we were leaning towards doing.

I advocated Lynch with that pick from the get go.

I have no problems admitting when Im wrong about something, but this aint one of them.
At first you didnt want him at all, then you changed your tune to say no at 11.

DraftBoy
09-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Could of asked for a usable player in Rounds 4-7...

Draft is not made in the top rounds, its finding the gems in the later rounds. Marv and Co. were just doing what they were supposed to hitting on their top picks.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 11:08 AM
At first you didnt want him at all, then you changed your tune to say no at 11.
It was changed BEFORE the draft.
I just didnt want him at 11.

I still think David Harris is a better LB, no knock against Poz either.