• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

What part of being 3-0 don't you like??

I see alot of complaining this morning, even the local press says we are so lucky. F-that and all the haters, luck ends when teams take advantage of available opportunities. The winning teams roll people anyway they can and work for their win. Nothing is given in the NFL, it's taken. NE could of lost a few times last regular season and should of in Baltimore (who was aweful last season) but found a way to win.

We never questioned a Jim Kelly game winning drive but this year we could win better?? Give me a freaking break. Take the W, sort out all the stats later. We lived that way during the good years / road to the SB goes through Buffalo times, so enjoy them when they are here.

/ Rant.
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: What part of being 3-0 don't you like??

There's nothing I don't like about being 3-0.

But I'm concerned we're overrated and getting ahead of ourselves. This team has not shown that it is elite. We haven't played anyone worth mentioning yet.

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Well...we looked pretty bad. It's a good thing the Raiders looked that much worse, because we're not going to be winning those kind of sloppy games against better teams.

But, we won it. We found a way to come back, Trent looked GREAT in the 4th and when it mattered, the Bills got the job done. Good teams win the games we should, and we should have won that game, and we did. Sloppy or not, we couldve lost and caved in, but we didn't. Bills teams of the past few years wouldve totally collapsed after that long Oakland TD pass.

We're still a young team, Trent is still young, but he's showing way more than any other QB the Bills have had in the past 10 years.

KEY FACT:

JACKSONVILLE BEAT INDY @ INDY

I dont think Jacksonville is as bad as we thought...they're still a decent team

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Re: What part if being 3-0 don't you like??

Is this the complain here only thread for this week?

If so:

- Can't seem to get the run game going still. Lynch did better than previously, but still. The Oline is having trouble with the zone blocking scheme in the run situation.

- Reed played well, but I want to see more Hardy - even if he makes a mistake or two.

- I'd love Whitner to do something really big - just to shut Op up. Sadly, opponents aren't throwing often against us. And Whitner is also being used all over the place and not like a traditional S.

- More sacks by our DEs (Schobel where are you?)

- STs needs to reassert themselves...

Comment

• Dujek
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2008

The complete lack of respect from other fans.

The Bills beat the Jags on the road last week. The same Jags who won in Indy. A little respect would go a long way, but if the team feels they're getting no respect and continues playing with a chip on their shoulder I can see great things happening.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
            Well...we looked pretty bad. It's a good thing the Raiders looked that much worse, because we're not going to be winning those kind of sloppy games against better teams.

But, we won it. We found a way to come back, Trent looked GREAT in the 4th and when it mattered, the Bills got the job done. Good teams win the games we should, and we should have won that game, and we did. Sloppy or not, we couldve lost and caved in, but we didn't. Bills teams of the past few years wouldve totally collapsed after that long Oakland TD pass.

We're still a young team, Trent is still young, but he's showing way more than any other QB the Bills have had in the past 10 years.

KEY FACT:

JACKSONVILLE BEAT INDY @ INDY

I dont think Jacksonville is as bad as we thought...they're still a decent team
            Yeah, we beat Jacksonville who beat Indy, but Indy didn't have Bob Sanders.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

The part that the teams we beat have an combinded record of 3-6.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                The part that the teams we beat have an combinded record of 3-6.
                When you take out the fact that you caused half the losses there, that makes those teams .500.

Comment

• raphael120
                  Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                  Yeah, we beat Jacksonville who beat Indy, but Indy didn't have Bob Sanders.
                  Indy didn't lose that game because of lack of defense, it was lack of offense.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Dujek
                    The complete lack of respect from other fans.

The Bills beat the Jags on the road last week. The same Jags who won in Indy. A little respect would go a long way, but if the team feels they're getting no respect and continues playing with a chip on their shoulder I can see great things happening.
                    Respect is earned and when we are sitting on top of this conference, they'll all be eating shirt (minus the R).

Comment

• Pride
                      • Jul 2002

I think the lack of rushing production is due directly to the fact that teams are setting 8 guys in the box and forcing our young QB to beat them. The same thing we did to Oakland this week.

I'd like to see Hardy on the field. I dont think Parish gives TE the target that we should have on the field. The point of Hardy was to help draw coverage from Evans... that wont happen as long as he's sitting on the bench.

I'd also like to see more mismatches on offense using our RB's as WR's. No way can a LB cover our RB's in the middle of the field. Throw in a few more screens as well.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Not to look too ahead.... but we will find out in week 5. Arizona has a powerful offense and not a half bad defense.

Comment

• BAM
                          • Sep 2003

This is what I dislike about being 3-0:

Comment

• parrishlynchevans
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                            There's nothing I don't like about being 3-0.

But I'm concerned we're overrated and getting ahead of ourselves. This team has not shown that it is elite. We haven't played anyone worth mentioning yet.
                            Oh please. Overrated? No one in the national media outside of Berman is hyping us up yet.

Buffalo: 3-0, 1st in AFC East
                            Next Opp: @ St.Louis
                            Magic Number: 11

Trent Edwards Career: 2363 Yds, 10 TD, 9 INT

Comment

• shelby
                              The Vanilla *****
                              • Jul 2002

THe first three quarters yesterday did not give me the warm fuzzies.

Comment

Working...
                              X