PDA

View Full Version : What part of being 3-0 don't you like??

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 11:00 AM
I see alot of complaining this morning, even the local press says we are so lucky. F-that and all the haters, luck ends when teams take advantage of available opportunities. The winning teams roll people anyway they can and work for their win. Nothing is given in the NFL, it's taken. NE could of lost a few times last regular season and should of in Baltimore (who was aweful last season) but found a way to win.

We never questioned a Jim Kelly game winning drive but this year we could win better?? Give me a freaking break. Take the W, sort out all the stats later. We lived that way during the good years / road to the SB goes through Buffalo times, so enjoy them when they are here.

/ Rant.

DMBcrew36
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
There's nothing I don't like about being 3-0.

But I'm concerned we're overrated and getting ahead of ourselves. This team has not shown that it is elite. We haven't played anyone worth mentioning yet.

raphael120
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Well...we looked pretty bad. It's a good thing the Raiders looked that much worse, because we're not going to be winning those kind of sloppy games against better teams.

But, we won it. We found a way to come back, Trent looked GREAT in the 4th and when it mattered, the Bills got the job done. Good teams win the games we should, and we should have won that game, and we did. Sloppy or not, we couldve lost and caved in, but we didn't. Bills teams of the past few years wouldve totally collapsed after that long Oakland TD pass.

We're still a young team, Trent is still young, but he's showing way more than any other QB the Bills have had in the past 10 years.

KEY FACT:

JACKSONVILLE BEAT INDY @ INDY

I dont think Jacksonville is as bad as we thought...they're still a decent team

mysticsoto
Is this the complain here only thread for this week?

If so:

- Can't seem to get the run game going still. Lynch did better than previously, but still. The Oline is having trouble with the zone blocking scheme in the run situation.

- Reed played well, but I want to see more Hardy - even if he makes a mistake or two.

- I'd love Whitner to do something really big - just to shut Op up. Sadly, opponents aren't throwing often against us. And Whitner is also being used all over the place and not like a traditional S.

- More sacks by our DEs (Schobel where are you?)

- STs needs to reassert themselves...

Dujek
The complete lack of respect from other fans.

The Bills beat the Jags on the road last week. The same Jags who won in Indy. A little respect would go a long way, but if the team feels they're getting no respect and continues playing with a chip on their shoulder I can see great things happening.

DMBcrew36
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
Well...we looked pretty bad. It's a good thing the Raiders looked that much worse, because we're not going to be winning those kind of sloppy games against better teams.

But, we won it. We found a way to come back, Trent looked GREAT in the 4th and when it mattered, the Bills got the job done. Good teams win the games we should, and we should have won that game, and we did. Sloppy or not, we couldve lost and caved in, but we didn't. Bills teams of the past few years wouldve totally collapsed after that long Oakland TD pass.

We're still a young team, Trent is still young, but he's showing way more than any other QB the Bills have had in the past 10 years.

KEY FACT:

JACKSONVILLE BEAT INDY @ INDY

I dont think Jacksonville is as bad as we thought...they're still a decent team

Yeah, we beat Jacksonville who beat Indy, but Indy didn't have Bob Sanders.

TacklingDummy
09-22-2008, 11:05 AM
The part that the teams we beat have an combinded record of 3-6. :snicker:

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 11:08 AM

When you take out the fact that you caused half the losses there, that makes those teams .500. :snicker:

raphael120
09-22-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, we beat Jacksonville who beat Indy, but Indy didn't have Bob Sanders.

Indy didn't lose that game because of lack of defense, it was lack of offense.

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 11:10 AM

The Bills beat the Jags on the road last week. The same Jags who won in Indy. A little respect would go a long way, but if the team feels they're getting no respect and continues playing with a chip on their shoulder I can see great things happening.

Respect is earned and when we are sitting on top of this conference, they'll all be eating shirt (minus the R).

Pride
09-22-2008, 11:11 AM
I think the lack of rushing production is due directly to the fact that teams are setting 8 guys in the box and forcing our young QB to beat them. The same thing we did to Oakland this week.

I'd like to see Hardy on the field. I dont think Parish gives TE the target that we should have on the field. The point of Hardy was to help draw coverage from Evans... that wont happen as long as he's sitting on the bench.

I'd also like to see more mismatches on offense using our RB's as WR's. No way can a LB cover our RB's in the middle of the field. Throw in a few more screens as well.

RedEyE
09-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Not to look too ahead.... but we will find out in week 5. Arizona has a powerful offense and not a half bad defense.

BAM
09-22-2008, 11:17 AM
This is what I dislike about being 3-0:

parrishlynchevans
09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
There's nothing I don't like about being 3-0.

But I'm concerned we're overrated and getting ahead of ourselves. This team has not shown that it is elite. We haven't played anyone worth mentioning yet.

Oh please. Overrated? No one in the national media outside of Berman is hyping us up yet.

shelby
09-22-2008, 11:23 AM
THe first three quarters yesterday did not give me the warm fuzzies.

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 11:23 AM
winning keeps the chances of the bills staying in buffalo better.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 11:26 AM

??

We BARELY beat Oakland at home yesterday, so that completely negates any respect we should be getting for the Jacksonville game.

Being 3-0 is great. The problem is that it's tough to see us beating better teams if we keep playing like this. We won't even beat Arizona in their house if we play like we did against the Raiders.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
I am sorry but if you cant tell that this team is different from recent years then you aren't looking very hard.

Last year we would be 1-2 right now. We lose the Jags and the Raiders game last year.

They have done some growing up and we finally have a QB who lead a game winning drive and a D that can get the ball back to him.

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2008, 11:29 AM
my only negative for the year is actually a positive: Chris Kelsay is outplaying Aaron Schobel. Schobel IS playing pretty well against the run, but Kelsay to me is playing very good football.

parrishlynchevans
09-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't care if it was only a one point win. The Bills have scored 27 4th qtr points in the last two weeks. This team is a legit playoff team at the very least.

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 11:33 AM
??

We BARELY beat Oakland at home yesterday, so that completely negates any respect we should be getting for the Jacksonville game.. no it doesn't. national media are saying we're the real deal after yesterdays win. How is that for losing respect?
only cynics like you and wys will find anything negative with 3-0.

Being 3-0 is great. The problem is that it's tough to see us beating better teams if we keep playing like this. We won't even beat Arizona in their house if we play like we did against the Raiders.
puhlease. People were saying the fins can't beat the pats playing the way they did the first 2 games. Don't tell me "we're not the fins. that doesn't apply to us." Yeah ,we're better than the fins.

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 11:43 AM
??

We BARELY beat Oakland at home yesterday, so that completely negates any respect we should be getting for the Jacksonville game.

You complained that the Bills couldn't score last year and now they can score. You complained about the terrible run defense last year and now they stop the run effectively. You complained about our bend but don't break defense last year and this year, 3rd down completions have been shut down. You complained about the inept offense and this year they've had the fortitude to not give up and be able to comeback and win the game...

There's just no pleasing you...unless there's perfection.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 11:48 AM
You complained that the Bills couldn't score last year and now they can score. You complained about the terrible run defense last year and now they stop the run effectively. You complained about our bend but don't break defense last year and this year, 3rd down completions have been shut down. You complained about the inept offense and this year they've had the fortitude to not give up and be able to comeback and win the game...

There's just no pleasing you...unless there's perfection.

What the hell are you talking about?

Yes, we're better. But there's a difference between being better and being good.

Can you honestly look at how we played the last two weeks and think that we can beat the Chargers, Patriots, Broncos or even the Jets?

People said the same thing to me when I pointed out some very obvious flaws after the two opening victories in 2003 and the opener in 2005. How did those seasons turn out?

The problem is that you want to live in the moment, and the moment is good. But stop for a second and think about what could happen down the line.

BTW, why did you single me out? I didn't start this thread and numerous other people lodged complaints about the team, yet I was the only one that you felt the need to lecture.

don137
09-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Oh please. Overrated? No one in the national media outside of Berman is hyping us up yet.

I think the Bills are getting recognition in the media. I think its fair that they are gaining respect but they are not ready to say they are powerhouses. Beat San Diego and Denver will go a long way.

BillsOwnAll
09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
And the Bills account for HALF of those loses. Dumb statement. To early to bring that into affect and it doesnt matter where 3-0 you cant take away wins. That much clser to the playoffs then everyone else.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 11:53 AM
- I'd love Whitner to do something really big - just to shut Op up. Sadly, opponents aren't throwing often against us. And Whitner is also being used all over the place and not like a traditional S.

I'd love Whitner to do something big to shut me up too. The reason I ***** about him every week is because every week, he fails to make a big play. When he finally does, I'll give him his due.

And I'd love for people like you to stop making excuses for him. Even when you're complaining about him, you're blaming others and not holding him accountable.

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 11:54 AM
What the hell are you talking about?

Yes, we're better. But there's a difference between being better and being good.

So are you saying we are not good? What constitutes good? We beat Jacksonville and Jacksonville beat the Colts...are the Colts not good now?

Can you honestly look at how we played the last two weeks and think that we can beat the Chargers, Patriots, Broncos or even the Jets?

Didn't the Fins just beat...I'm sorry, destroy the Patriots? Who's to say what might or might not happen with other opponents...

People said the same thing to me when I pointed out some very obvious flaws after the two opening victories in 2003 and the opener in 2005. How did those seasons turn out?

The problem is that you want to live in the moment, and the moment is good. But stop for a second and think about what could happen down the line.

BTW, why did you single me out? I didn't start this thread and numerous other people lodged complaints about the team, yet I was the only one that you felt the need to lecture.

B'cse it's fun and you're Mr. Negative... :D

parrishlynchevans
09-22-2008, 11:55 AM

Um, in 2005 the team started out 1-3 so I don't know what hype you were listening to.

The fact that this team accomplished a feat yesterday that hasn't happened since the Super Bowl era is pretty telling.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 11:56 AM
Didn't the Fins just beat...I'm sorry, destroy the Patriots? Who's to say what might or might not happen with other opponents...

If we played like we played against Seattle, we will beat the Patriots. If we play like we played against Oakland, we won't beat the Patriots. It's as simple as that.

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I'd love Whitner to do something big to shut me up too. The reason I ***** about him every week is because every week, he fails to make a big play. When he finally does, I'll give him his due.

And I'd love for people like you to stop making excuses for him. Even when you're complaining about him, you're blaming others and not holding him accountable.

The Higgins TD was not his fault - Poz already admitted that it was his. Whitner was the only one to try and run him down - the guy was too fast. What exactly do you want me to hold him accountable for? Schobel hasn't had any sacks - why aren't you *****ing about him? Hardy was a non-factor yesterday...there's a bunch of Bills that were non-factors. That doesn't mean I'm going to ***** about them...

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 11:58 AM
Um, in 2005 the team started out 1-3 so I don't know what hype you were listening to.

The fact that this team accomplished a feat yesterday that hasn't happened since the Super Bowl era is pretty telling.

We won the opener against the Texans in 05. Everyone got all excited- I pointed out the flaws and people jumped down my throat. We lost the next 3, remember.

The fact that it took us until the last play of the game to beat a one-dimensional team with a huge coaching distraction that just traveled 3000 miles is pretty telling.

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 11:59 AM
If we played like we played against Seattle, we will beat the Patriots. If we play like we played against Oakland, we won't beat the Patriots. It's as simple as that. we'll make Lynch play qb. He's got a better arm than Ronnie Brown.

parrishlynchevans
09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
The fact that it took us until the last play of the game to beat a one-dimensional team with a huge coaching distraction that just traveled 3000 miles is pretty telling.

The fact that the team has scored 27 4th qtr points in the last two weeks is the sign of a playoff team.

75% of the teams that have started out 3-0 went to the postseason. You've got to like the Bills chances.

Oh and in 1992 they started out 4-0, finished 11-5 and went to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying that will happen again, but just to put a little perspective on things. 3-0 is no fluke.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 12:02 PM
The Higgins TD was not his fault - Poz already admitted that it was his. Whitner was the only one to try and run him down - the guy was too fast. What exactly do you want me to hold him accountable for? Schobel hasn't had any sacks - why aren't you *****ing about him? Hardy was a non-factor yesterday...there's a bunch of Bills that were non-factors. That doesn't mean I'm going to ***** about them...

I don't know how many threads we need to have the same debate in, but Whitner was in a position to come over and make a play and he didn't. Yes, Poz and Simpson screwed up first but that doesn't give Whitner an excuse to screw up too. And whether it was Whitner's fault or not, the penalty was still stupid.

As far as Schobel, I did ***** about him last week and I was consistently hard on Schobel all last season. But he played really well against the run this week.

Hardy's only in his 3rd game as a pro. It's frustrating that he's not getting involved, but not nearly as frustrating as a #8 overall draft pick playing his 33rd game who still remains a non-factor.

Captain gameboy
09-22-2008, 12:02 PM
I am always amazed at how folks relate games to other teams.

This is the NFL.
Everybody is very, very good, and can win or lose every single week.

There is almost no difference between pretty good teams and pretty bad teams.

The Bills are a pretty good team.
Not spectacular, but pretty good.

We should not expect to blow anybody out or intimidate anyone.

Putting blame on specific players when we fail to do that is idiotic.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 12:04 PM
The fact that the team has scored 27 4th qtr points in the last two weeks is the sign of a playoff team.

75% of the teams that have started out 3-0 went to the postseason. You've got to like the Bills chances.

Oh and in 1992 they started out 4-0, finished 11-5 and went to the Super Bowl. I'm not saying that will happen again, but just to put a little perspective on things. 3-0 is no fluke.

take a math class. the fact that 75% of 3-0 teams make the playoffs does NOT give the Bills a 75% chance of making it because it's not random. There are outside factors.

I'm not saying 3-0 is a fluke. It's not- we won the games. I'm just saying that 2 of the 3 games were easy games (well, there's no such thing as an easy game in the NFL but they were about as easy as it gets), and I don't think we can beat the better teams playing like we played yesterday.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 12:05 PM
I am always amazed at how folks relate games to other teams.

This is the NFL.

There is almost no difference between pretty good teams and pretty bad teams.

The Bills are a pretty good team.
Not spectacular, but pretty good.

We should not expect to blow anybody out or intimidate anyone.

Putting blame on specific players when we fail to do that is idiotic.

It's putting blame on specific players for specific mistakes they made in the game.

You have a problem with that?

jpdex12
09-22-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't like the fact that we still aren't getting enough respect!

Listening to Sirius on the way in this morning and I didn't even hear them tell our score when they ran through the entire league almost. Well, we are one of 6 teams left that are undefeated. Say what you want but the Steelers, Pats, Chargers, Jags, Colts and Packers aren't in that group!

FlyingDutchman
09-22-2008, 12:06 PM
This is a year in which the Bills are supposed to be turning the corner, not being the NFL elite. Id say everything is going well and as planned. Theres gonna be negatives to every game, when the Bills can overcome those negatives and still win it shows a different side of them we havent seen in a long time. Its very hard to win in the NFL every Sunday, regardless of who the opponent is. Good teams just find a way. The Bills have proven they are a good team. Elite no, good yes.

Agent007
09-22-2008, 12:09 PM
What's not to like?

Captain gameboy
09-22-2008, 12:22 PM
It's putting blame on specific players for specific mistakes they made in the game.

Ya. I do.

But its not a problem, its an observation, much as any observation on any comment you make on other subjects you don't have detailed knowledge of.

I think your view is a fantasy, never played the game view, and always has been.

You have no idea what defense or play is called, what specific player responsibilities are, or anything else regarding what is actually going on on the field.

What you seem to do is issue judgment on your uninformed viewpoint.

Watching a game, even when supplemented with watching replay, is nowhere near what these people know and do in the exercise of running an NFL team.

That's the glamor, and reason for the incredible success of the NFL.

Fans think they can coach and GM, but it is an extremely complex task, imparted on a relatively simple game.

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 12:25 PM

What mistake? You keep saying that, but he wasn't Whitner's to cover. Then you say, "Well he could have made the play"...how? Do you think Whitner would intentionally NOT make a play if he could have? C'mon Op, Whitner is one of the most emotional leaders of this team. If you could've made the play to stop the TD, he would have. Fact is, emotion can charge a team up and Whitner may have done that with his play and not giving up on it - even if his tackle was late. Who's to say that b'cse of that play, the rest of the team didn't use that in their next drive down?

And in any case, it was very minor compared to the overall game. If you want to place blame on poor play in this game, the Oline is probably where you should start! Not Whitner!

parrishlynchevans
09-22-2008, 12:34 PM
take a math class. the fact that 75% of 3-0 teams make the playoffs does NOT give the Bills a 75% chance of making it because it's not random. There are outside factors.

No **** sherlock. I'm just putting a little historical perspective on 3-0 starts.

This is the NFL.

Right, so the 49ers have been just as good as the Pats and Colts. Makes a boat load of sense.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Ya. I do.

But its not a problem, its an observation, much as any observation on any comment you make on other subjects you don't have detailed knowledge of.

I think your view is a fantasy, never played the game view, and always has been.

You have no idea what defense or play is called, what specific player responsibilities are, or anything else regarding what is actually going on on the field.

What you seem to do is issue judgment on your uninformed viewpoint.

Watching a game, even when supplemented with watching replay, is nowhere near what these people know and do in the exercise of running an NFL team.

That's the glamor, and reason for the incredible success of the NFL.

Fans think they can coach and GM, but it is an extremely complex task, imparted on a relatively simple game.

So, because they know more than me, it means players are incapable of screwing up?

Just because someone isn't as smart as a coach or GM doesn't mean they're incapable of pointing out a mistake. What I do- and what everyone else here does- is issue their viewpoint based on the information they have.

Hell, why do we even have a message board at all? According to gameboy, none of us except maybe Ingtar are qualified to comment on the team anyway.

MikeInRoch
09-22-2008, 12:39 PM

Can you honestly look at the Jets or Patriots and think THEY are any good? We have looked much better than either of them.

MikeInRoch
09-22-2008, 12:42 PM

Such as how hard the schedule is? Because it's looking a lot easier right about now...

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 12:45 PM
What mistake? You keep saying that, but he wasn't Whitner's to cover. Then you say, "Well he could have made the play"...how? Do you think Whitner would intentionally NOT make a play if he could have? C'mon Op, Whitner is one of the most emotional leaders of this team. If you could've made the play to stop the TD, he would have. Fact is, emotion can charge a team up and Whitner may have done that with his play and not giving up on it - even if his tackle was late. Who's to say that b'cse of that play, the rest of the team didn't use that in their next drive down?

And in any case, it was very minor compared to the overall game. If you want to place blame on poor play in this game, the Oline is probably where you should start! Not Whitner!

Whitner was in a position to make the play and he failed. I don't think he intentionally tried to not make the play- I think he just wasn't good enough to do it. And we drafted him at #8 so I expect him to make those plays. He didn't. Come to think of it, when was the last time he made a play in the passing game AT ALL?

And now everyone is defending him for taking a stupid penalty because it "motivated the team." Seriously, I hope our team has more reason to be motivated than a late tackle. If they weren't into the game, I highly doubt one late tackle is what gave them the emotional energy to finish it. And even if it did, you have no way of knowing so it's all just conjecture for the sake of defending Whitner.

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Whitner was in a position to make the play and he failed. I don't think he intentionally tried to not make the play- I think he just wasn't good enough to do it. And we drafted him at #8 so I expect him to make those plays. He didn't. Come to think of it, when was the last time he made a play in the passing game AT ALL?

And now everyone is defending him for taking a stupid penalty because it "motivated the team." Seriously, I hope our team has more reason to be motivated than a late tackle. If they weren't into the game, I highly doubt one late tackle is what gave them the emotional energy to finish it. And even if it did, you have no way of knowing so it's all just conjecture for the sake of defending Whitner.

I think it's more a function of you placing too much blame on Whitner on the reason why everyone is defending him. You are going overboard in your attack on him - but hey, it's not like you're really known for doing that sort of thing...I mean, a year ago, you were whining about us taking Trent Edwards - a "clipholder" as you called him. You whined about Youboty and even Kyle Williams. This year you've chosen to pick on Whitner more b'cse the others have proven you wrong.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 12:59 PM
I think it's more a function of you placing too much blame on Whitner on the reason why everyone is defending him. You are going overboard in your attack on him - but hey, it's not like you're really known for doing that sort of thing...I mean, a year ago, you were whining about us taking Trent Edwards - a "clipholder" as you called him. You whined about Youboty and even Kyle Williams. This year you've chosen to pick on Whitner more b'cse the others have proven you wrong.

Yeah, I go overboard. I admit it.

Here's why: people like you defend him for things like making late tackles. They talk about his great leadership but never mention that he's been mediocre on the field. If his play on the field does come up, then there is a whole litany of excuses blaming the scheme, the front 7, the other QB for not throwing towards him, etc. He lets McKelvin crash at his pad and suddenly he's a great leader, etc.

How am I supposed to counteract that to show that Whitner has been mediocre on the field? The defenses and excuses for Whitner on this board are relentless- the only way to counter it is with relentless attacks.

You have the whole thing backwards. I'll make one comment about Whitner in my review and someone will jump all over it. Or someone else will start a thread about Whitner and I'll get in after 15 posts kissing his ass- like what happened this week.

Captain gameboy
09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
So, because they know more than me, it means players are incapable of screwing up?

Just because someone isn't as smart as a coach or GM doesn't mean they're incapable of pointing out a mistake. What I do- and what everyone else here does- is issue their viewpoint based on the information they have.

Hell, why do we even have a message board at all? According to gameboy, none of us except maybe Ingtar are qualified to comment on the team anyway.

Are you ready to give up the "Camp Jauron/unprepared for the first weeks" thing?

If not, you need an intervention.

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I go overboard. I admit it.

Here's why: people like you defend him for things like making late tackles. They talk about his great leadership but never mention that he's been mediocre on the field. If his play on the field does come up, then there is a whole litany of excuses blaming the scheme, the front 7, the other QB for not throwing towards him, etc. He lets McKelvin crash at his pad and suddenly he's a great leader, etc.

How am I supposed to counteract that to show that Whitner has been mediocre on the field? The defenses and excuses for Whitner on this board are relentless- the only way to counter it is with relentless attacks.

You have the whole thing backwards. I'll make one comment about Whitner in my review and someone will jump all over it. Or someone else will start a thread about Whitner and I'll get in after 15 posts kissing his ass- like what happened this week.

Well maybe that's b'cse you don't criticize mediocre/OK level play. You are supposed to criticize bad plays. The Oline was horrible in the 1st half and you've hardly mentioned them. In the overall game, Whitner's tackle was a minor blip, and yet, you've chosen to concentrate on that rather than really criticize some of the issues the team may have.

Overall, this game was the highest run yardage for Lynch at 80. The previous 2 were at 60. And everything he's gotten, he's had to earn the hard way. While I'm glad Lynch puts that kind of intensity into his runs - the line needs to start creating some lanes for him - especially as it gets colder, windier and snowier in Orchard Park.

That's something worth criticizing...

Confused
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Honestly, the "0" in 3-0 scares the mortal crap outa me. its so menacing. gives me the willies!! That and we have nothing but Trap games till we play SanDiego.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Well maybe that's b'cse you don't criticize mediocre/OK level play. You are supposed to criticize bad plays. The Oline was horrible in the 1st half and you've hardly mentioned them. In the overall game, Whitner's tackle was a minor blip, and yet, you've chosen to concentrate on that rather than really criticize some of the issues the team may have.

Overall, this game was the highest run yardage for Lynch at 80. The previous 2 were at 60. And everything he's gotten, he's had to earn the hard way. While I'm glad Lynch puts that kind of intensity into his runs - the line needs to start creating some lanes for him - especially as it gets colder, windier and snowier in Orchard Park.

That's something worth criticizing...

I agree with you on the OL, I kind of missed that in my article. But if you read my article, I only made one mention of Whitner on the TD and I also criticized Simpson at the same time. So, I really don't think I went overboard.

And when it comes to mediocre play, it depends on the player. I expect Ryan Denney to be mediocre- his job is to come in and not get owned while Schobel or Kelsay rest. I expect guys like Lynch, Evans, Stroud, Whitner, Schobel, McGee etc to be better than mediocre. And if they are mediocre, I'm going to call them out on it.

DrGraves
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I don't like the fact that our offensive line has looked like crap for the past two weeks.

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
I agree with you on the OL, I kind of missed that in my article. But if you read my article, I only made one mention of Whitner on the TD and I also criticized Simpson at the same time. So, I really don't think I went overboard.

And when it comes to mediocre play, it depends on the player. I expect Ryan Denney to be mediocre- his job is to come in and not get owned while Schobel or Kelsay rest. I expect guys like Lynch, Evans, Stroud, Whitner, Schobel, McGee etc to be better than mediocre. And if they are mediocre, I'm going to call them out on it.

Well let's be honest then. Except and until the 4th quarter...mediocre was everyone!!!

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM

Looks to me POz was his to cover and got there a little too late.

Me thinks that Whitner is the only battle you have left to win because you are losing every argument you've made about this team under Marv.

You look like you will will gaining weight. Too much crow on your plate to eat.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
Well let's be honest then. Except and until the 4th quarter...mediocre was everyone!!!

everyone on offense, definitely.

The D held their own through most of the game, despite being put in bad positions by the O and ST. That long TD was their only real gaffe.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 01:30 PM
Looks to me POz was his to cover and got there a little too late.

Me thinks that Whitner is the only battle you have left to win because you are losing every argument you've made about this team under Marv.

You look like you will will gaining wieght. Too much crow on your plate to eat.

Marv's FA class was terrible. Marv's first two first round picks- McCargo and Whitner- have yet to pan out. Jauron looks better but that is TBD.

So, while I was wrong about some things, it's hardly the last battle or the only thing I was right about.

YardRat
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Good post, skooby, (and I haven't read all the posts in thread) but here's my two cents...

1-Melvin Fowler still sucks.
2-The ST's need to get better at covering/returning kicks (Did Parrish shoot his wad already again this year?)
3-Schobel needs to put out or shut up.

I'm not real concerned about the rest of the o-line, Peters, Hardy getting more involved in the offense, Turk's play-calling etc, because I expect those will all improve as the season moves on.

Can't get better than 3-0 at this point, and simply winning is more important than how you win, but there is still a lot of room for improvement on this team and there's no reason for fans not to have expectations in certain areas for better performance.

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM
OP is pretty creative in finding problems that have arisen in some fashion but if you look at all the teams who remain unbeaten you'll be hard pressed to find they have played against the same level of talent we have seen. Being perfect against aweful teams doesn't make you a perfect team.

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Marv's FA class was terrible. Marv's first two first round picks- McCargo and Whitner- have yet to pan out. Jauron looks better but that is TBD.

So, while I was wrong about some things, it's hardly the last battle or the only thing I was right about.
MArv's FA class was terrible in HIS FIRST YEAR OF REBUILD. How many times do I have to tell you GM's don't get it right the first time arround even with Polian. How many times do I have to tell you that it was a year when the new CBA kicked in which allowed teams in cap jail to compete with us for FA services. Bringing in FA's that don't pan out is a NORMAL thing when REBUILDING.

You blasted the hiring of Dick even up until this offseason. YOu went from Dick "was a wrong hire" to "I may be wrong ,I like where this team is headed" to " I spoke to soon " to now. YOu didn't even give him the benefit of the doubt. Now you sound apologetic.

YOu were wrong about Reed, Spikes and Posey to name a few.

It takes 3 years to rebuild , but you were so quick to judge now it looks like you're wrong again.

Make sure you have enough zb's to pay me at the end of the season Mkay? I seriously doubt you will win even one of the bets we have ;)

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2008, 01:55 PM
3-Schobel needs to put out or shut up.

Ya, that Schobel is one prude SOB...

Agreed though, he does need to make more plays.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 02:14 PM
MArv's FA class was terrible in HIS FIRST YEAR OF REBUILD. How many times do I have to tell you GM's don't get it right the first time arround even with Polian. How many times do I have to tell you that it was a year when the new CBA kicked in which allowed teams in cap jail to compete with us for FA services. Bringing in FA's that don't pan out is a NORMAL thing when REBUILDING.

You blasted the hiring of Dick even up until this offseason. YOu went from Dick "was a wrong hire" to "I may be wrong ,I like where this team is headed" to " I spoke to soon " to now. YOu didn't even give him the benefit of the doubt. Now you sound apologetic.

YOu were wrong about Reed, Spikes and Posey to name a few.

It takes 3 years to rebuild , but you were so quick to judge now it looks like you're wrong again.

Make sure you have enough zb's to pay me at the end of the season Mkay? I seriously doubt you will win even one of the bets we have ;)

Why the hell would I give Dick the benefit of the doubt when he had such an horrendous record in Chicago? Benefit of the doubt has to be earned- it's not a human right written into the Constitution. Jauron has done well the last 3 games. That's an encouraging sign, but doesn't negate the 2 years of mediocrity he had here or the awful performance in Chicago.

And who cares if every GM gets their first FA class wrong? It's still WRONG. The fact that Polian was wrong too doesn't make Marv any less wrong.

Yeah, I was wrong about a few players. So what? Who's right 100% of the time?

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Why the hell would I give Dick the benefit of the doubt when he had such an horrendous record in Chicago? Benefit of the doubt has to be earned- it's not a human right written into the Constitution. Jauron has done well the last 3 games. That's an encouraging sign, but doesn't negate the 2 years of mediocrity he had here or the awful performance in Chicago. ?
because guys like BB had a losing record with the browns? Some of us also knew that Dick had problems with De Angelo therefore we gave him the benefit of the doubt. We also knew MArv is no idiot and that we gave him the benefit of the doubt that he knew what he was doing when he brought in Dick.

I forgot, anything good can't happen to the bills in your world.

And who cares if every GM gets their first FA class wrong? It's still WRONG. The fact that Polian was wrong too doesn't make Marv any less wrong. ?
but,but,but you think the world of Polian. If he can make mistakes , so can MArv.

Yeah, I was wrong about a few players. So what? Who's right 100% of the time?
you've been wrong quite a lot more than you've been right about what Marv has done here so far. You've flipflopped too.

you will lose all 3 bets we have and I will own you even more. ;)

HHURRICANE
09-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I see alot of complaining this morning, even the local press says we are so lucky. F-that and all the haters, luck ends when teams take advantage of available opportunities. The winning teams roll people anyway they can and work for their win. Nothing is given in the NFL, it's taken. NE could of lost a few times last regular season and should of in Baltimore (who was aweful last season) but found a way to win.

We never questioned a Jim Kelly game winning drive but this year we could win better?? Give me a freaking break. Take the W, sort out all the stats later. We lived that way during the good years / road to the SB goes through Buffalo times, so enjoy them when they are here.

/ Rant.

I think that any team that wins 3 in a rown against Seatlle, Jags, and Raiders, is a pretty good ****ing team!!

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 02:32 PM
I think that any team that wins 3 in a rown against Seatlle, Jags, and Raiders, is a pretty good ****ing team!!

Just winning 3 in a row in the NFL is a feat in itself, 27 other teams or so have failed to do it this year.