PDA

View Full Version : This may seem pathetic but does anyone else feel this way?

jpdex12
09-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I was at the game yesterday and I kind of was expecting a tough "grind it out" game, but I got worried a while into the third quarter and started to think, "we could lose this game when we have a shot at being in first place after three games and 3-0 for the first time since 1992". When we started pouring it on late in the 4th though you could see momentum building and the crowd REALLY got into it and the team was feeding off of it especially the defense.

After we scored our final TD and then got the ball back on D I think that we can all say that we were holding our breath for Lindell's kick. The place was amped up more than I've seen and felt for more than 10 years and I teared up with joy and elation (that may be the pathetic part) the second I saw those refs raise their arms for that last second, game-winning field goal. WE WON! 3-0 and in first place!

Sometimes I hear people say that it's rediculous to get so worked up over a game but I can't help it. I friggin love our Bills through thick and thin and we are due. I am so proud of this team that we have on the field this year. We take so much crap over being Bill's fans and how unlucky/unsuccessful our team is and has been and always will be. Well the more I hear that the more I want to root for my team. Our day is coming and when it does those naysayers will shut up for a bit but always find some negative aspect to compare us against. I will never stop feeling this way about the Bills nor will I ever not feel pathetic to show my passion for such a great game and such a great team with the same character that inspires the average people that are it's fans. The same type of blue collar, hometown, hardy people that this country prides itself on.

Show your pride and share your thougths on the way this team REALLY makes or made you feel...especially yesterday.

Are you pathetic like I am?

billsburgh
09-22-2008, 12:04 PM
I think my kids were scared of me yesterday because I was so pumped up watching it at home.

dasaybz
09-22-2008, 12:05 PM
No, I don't cry during Bills games.

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2008, 12:06 PM
I am super pathetic. I was shaking like crazy the last 6 minutes, ESPECIALLY when we were on D and got the ball back, in anticipation and anxiety. I was jumping all over the place when Lindell made it and if I was at the game and felt the roar of th crowd, definitely would have been in the same boat as you.

jpdex12
09-22-2008, 12:08 PM
No, I don't cry during Bills games.

I wasn't actually crying or sobbing but my eyes swealed up yelling after that kick and I could feel a lump in my throat and feel the hair standing up on the back of my neck. What a feeling!

Boy, my voicebox is sore today!

jpdex12
09-22-2008, 12:09 PM
I think my kids were scared of me yesterday because I was so pumped up watching it at home.

YES! We make up the mad man gang! I'm sure that you're wife has explained to you that the team can't hear you yelling for them at home during a game right? I love it!

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 12:13 PM
I wasn't worried when we were down vs. the jags and I wasn't worried yesterday. We need to stop this comeback wins or the heart attacks in WNY will go up but then again, it can sobber up the fans before the drive home.

Dantheman1280
09-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Goosebumps pure goosebumps!! GO BILLS!!

Night Train
09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
I thought that was REQUIRED here.

trapezeus
09-22-2008, 12:26 PM
my heart was definitely racing. no tears though. i'm saving those for playoff excitement and/or superbowl wins. same applies for stanley cup wins.

jpdex12
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
I thought that was REQUIRED here.

:roflmao:

Michael82
09-22-2008, 02:53 PM
I gotta tell you, the Buffalo Bills will be the death of me. I was nervous as hell during the game and really thought the Bills were going to blow it. Then when they came back, I was excited, but they blew it again, right after the crowd got into it. Then....we had a good return and Trent Edwards brought the offense down the field with a sweet no huddle offense and it looked like we were going to win it again. I was closing my eyes when Lindell went to kick the field goal and definitely praying.

bills_7
09-22-2008, 02:55 PM
i cry,, il admit it,, for my bills,, my leafs,,

as u can see i have been crying my whole life watching these teams LOL

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2008, 02:58 PM
I was at the game yesterday and I kind of was expecting a tough "grind it out" game, but I got worried a while into the third quarter and started to think, "we could lose this game when we have a shot at being in first place after three games and 3-0 for the first time since 1992". When we started pouring it on late in the 4th though you could see momentum building and the crowd REALLY got into it and the team was feeding off of it especially the defense.

After we scored our final TD and then got the ball back on D I think that we can all say that we were holding our breath for Lindell's kick. The place was amped up more than I've seen and felt for more than 10 years and I teared up with joy and elation (that may be the pathetic part) the second I saw those refs raise their arms for that last second, game-winning field goal. WE WON! 3-0 and in first place!

Sometimes I hear people say that it's rediculous to get so worked up over a game but I can't help it. I friggin love our Bills through thick and thin and we are due. I am so proud of this team that we have on the field this year. We take so much crap over being Bill's fans and how unlucky/unsuccessful our team is and has been and always will be. Well the more I hear that the more I want to root for my team. Our day is coming and when it does those naysayers will shut up for a bit but always find some negative aspect to compare us against. I will never stop feeling this way about the Bills nor will I ever not feel pathetic to show my passion for such a great game and such a great team with the same character that inspires the average people that are it's fans. The same type of blue collar, hometown, hardy people that this country prides itself on.

Show your pride and share your thougths on the way this team REALLY makes or made you feel...especially yesterday.

I was watching the game on my laptop on the kitchen table. When Lindell lined up for the field goal, my two daughters and I were standing up and holding hands like the Bills did just before for the Wide Right field goal. My heart was pumping out of my chest. When the kick went through, the whole family exploded in cheers and hugs all around even the dog was freaking out.

No we're not pathetic. We're Bills fans. :up::up:

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I wasn't actually crying or sobbing but my eyes swealed up yelling after that kick and I could feel a lump in my throat and feel the hair standing up on the back of my neck. What a feeling!

Boy, my voicebox is sore today!
After all the years of repression as Bills fans, if the Bills ever win a Super Bowl I will ball like a little girl and I don't give a crap.

Dujek
09-22-2008, 03:06 PM
After all the years of repression as Bills fans, if the Bills ever win a Super Bowl I will ball like a little girl and I don't give a crap.

:bf1:

jpdex12
09-22-2008, 03:24 PM
I was watching the game on my laptop on the kitchen table. When Lindell lined up for the field goal, my two daughters and I were standing up and holding hands like the Bills did just before for the Wide Right field goal. My heart was pumping out of my chest. When the kick went through, the whole family exploded in cheers and hugs all around even the dog was freaking out.

No we're not pathetic. We're Bills fans. :up::up:

Woohoo! Week by week, game by game all 17 weeks. Maybe it was all of the beer the night before that made me swell up?

shelby
09-22-2008, 03:26 PM
My husband and son asked me nicely to stop yelling profanities at the computer.
:couch:

G Wolly
09-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I thought Lindell was gonna pull a classic Rian and shank the winning score, but he pulled through and I can't say I'm surprised he made it, more like grateful.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2008, 03:28 PM
That was the most beautiful FG ever.

billsburgh
09-22-2008, 05:42 PM
That was the most beautiful FG ever.
it was good, but not quite as good as Steve Christie's to cap the greatest comeback ever.

Meathead
09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
you think cryings pathetic? when ryan kicked the ball i pooped a little

Yasgur's Farm
09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
January 20th, 1991... We were at war in Iraq and the Bills where spanking the Raiders by halftime. I was sitting upper deck 50 yard line with 2 of my brothers. We looked at each other and realized we were going to the show for the 1st time,

We then walked down under the scoreboard to partake in some of the celebratory "smoking up" going on.

Yup.. I had a tear in my eye!!

Meathead
09-22-2008, 07:13 PM
ok i admit at that game when they sang the national anthem i misted up good

SABuffalo786
09-22-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm really glad this thread came up because I was very near breaking down completely yesterday. And it wasn't after the game.

Maybe it was just the tension, maybe it was the alcohol, most likely a combination of the two but it was right after the defense stopped them for the last time and the ST came on for the punt.

'Scoe trotted out at the tunnel end and the standard greeting from the Rockpile came out:

ROS-COE
ROS-COE
ROS-COE

My mind raced. The Bills, my friends, my grandfather, my girlfriend, Buffalo, this possible comeback, Tim Russert, Wide Right, Toronto, Jim Kelly, Russell Copeland (don't ask), everything about the Bills and Buffalo.

ROS-COE
ROS-COE
ROS-COE

Everything, everything, everything.

And as I was pointing violently downfield at Parrishs' dimunitive little figure, roaring his name two things crossed my mind and started making my eyes well up like they're doing right now:

1. We can't lose. This team to Toronto, this game to Oakland, this love for 71,000 of my countrymen, just.........THIS. We can't lose, we HAVE to prevail.

and

2. The refrain from an obscure pop song from the English group the Wannadies I heard a long time ago.

"You and me, always and forever."

I had to sit down and bury my head below the railing before anyone saw. I didn't come back up until Rian Lindell kicked salvation literally right in my face 10 minutes later.

Don't ask me why it happened, it just did. Everything in my life is going extremely well, nothing is bothering me. I haven't cried over any Buffalo win or loss since Superbowl 25 (I was in kindergarten) but yesterday I did and I don't know why. I can't imagine what I'll do when we win it all.

Go Bills.

yordad
09-22-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't know how to explain it. I mean, I am usually in a fairly good mood. I have good things happen to me. I have a job I usually like. I have a girl I love. I just bought a house. I got a cool boat. I have two awesome dogs.

My point is, I feel joy all the time. But, it is rare to have a huge shot of joy at one time. I mean, buying a house (recently) was a great feeling. But, it was coming on for months. It had nerve racking moments. And, if I got that feeling all at once, it would have scored a 98 on the 100 scale happy meter. But I didn't get it all at once, so it was more like a spread out 83.

I ain't married, and I have no kids, so I think that would be 100. The only other 100 I could think of is like winning the lotto. Wouldn't that be great.

Anyways, I know it is pathetic. But, the way that win came on all out of nowhere, it was like injecting the happiness all at once. I haven't had 30 seconds that joyful in quite some time. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I think it is because I didn't really see it coming, and it happened all at one time. It shot my joy-o-meter through the rough.

Don't lie, how often do you hug buddies? How often do you scream like you won the lotto? How often do you jump up and down with uncontrollable happiness? It was a great moment and it made a good day.

But don't get me wrong, I would definitely prefer the prolonged 83 joy of buying a house. It had just been a while since I had that feeling, and it was nice to know it was still possible to have.

SABuffalo786
09-23-2008, 01:26 AM
I don't know how to explain it. I mean, I am usually in a fairly good mood. I have good things happen to me. I have a job I usually like. I have a girl I love. I just bought a house. I got a cool boat. I have two awesome dogs.

My point is, I feel joy all the time. But, it is rare to have a huge shot of joy at one time. I mean, buying a house (recently) was a great feeling. But, it was coming on for months. It had nerve racking moments. And, if I got that feeling all at once, it would have scored a 98 on the 100 scale happy meter. But I didn't get it all at once, so it was more like a spread out 83.

I ain't married, and I have no kids, so I think that would be 100. The only other 100 I could think of is like winning the lotto. Wouldn't that be great.

Anyways, I know it is pathetic. But, the way that win came on all out of nowhere, it was like injecting the happiness all at once. I haven't had 30 seconds that joyful in quite some time. I can't exactly put my finger on it, but I think it is because I didn't really see it coming, and it happened all at one time. It shot my joy-o-meter through the rough.

Don't lie, how often do you hug buddies? How often do you scream like you won the lotto? How often do you jump up and down with uncontrollable happiness? It was a great moment and it made a good day.

But don't get me wrong, I would definitely prefer the prolonged 83 joy of buying a house. It had just been a while since I had that feeling, and it was nice to know it was still possible to have.

I know exactly what you're talking about.

There's a quote from Nick Hornby that describes this perfectly even though I can't recall exactly:

"[Sports]has an element of undpredictibility and unsurpassed joy real life simply cannot match."

I'm paraphrasing here but you get the idea.

Dujek
09-23-2008, 04:25 AM
I'm really glad this thread came up because I was very near breaking down completely yesterday. And it wasn't after the game.

Maybe it was just the tension, maybe it was the alcohol, most likely a combination of the two but it was right after the defense stopped them for the last time and the ST came on for the punt.

'Scoe trotted out at the tunnel end and the standard greeting from the Rockpile came out:

ROS-COE
ROS-COE
ROS-COE

My mind raced. The Bills, my friends, my grandfather, my girlfriend, Buffalo, this possible comeback, Tim Russert, Wide Right, Toronto, Jim Kelly, Russell Copeland (don't ask), everything about the Bills and Buffalo.

ROS-COE
ROS-COE
ROS-COE

Everything, everything, everything.

And as I was pointing violently downfield at Parrishs' dimunitive little figure, roaring his name two things crossed my mind and started making my eyes well up like they're doing right now:

1. We can't lose. This team to Toronto, this game to Oakland, this love for 71,000 of my countrymen, just.........THIS. We can't lose, we HAVE to prevail.

and

2. The refrain from an obscure pop song from the English group the Wannadies I heard a long time ago.

"You and me, always and forever."

I had to sit down and bury my head below the railing before anyone saw. I didn't come back up until Rian Lindell kicked salvation literally right in my face 10 minutes later.

Don't ask me why it happened, it just did. Everything in my life is going extremely well, nothing is bothering me. I haven't cried over any Buffalo win or loss since Superbowl 25 (I was in kindergarten) but yesterday I did and I don't know why. I can't imagine what I'll do when we win it all.

Go Bills.

The Wannadies are Swedish.

Just sayin'.

Great wee song though.

Captain gameboy
09-23-2008, 06:08 AM
I was flying from from Rome to Chicago, and saw on the flight planl eaving Rome that we were flying right over Buffalo at 1830z, which is 2:30 local time.
We never fly routes that far south from Europe to Chicago.
I thought "How lucky is this." should be just about the start of the second half.
When we got over Albany I started picking it up on am radio, but all I really heard was the fourth and two run, then Evan's fumble.
A little too busy to listen to Bruce Smith's halftime thing.
Anyway, I was deeply worried until I saw the final going by one of those bars at the Ohare terminal.

ALL D
09-23-2008, 06:15 AM
I thought great things about the Bills coming back and taking what was rightfully theirs...

I'll take a team that comes back when necessary over a team that comes out strong and hangs on anyday of the week...

Thsi team is resilient and mentally sound..

SABuffalo786
09-23-2008, 06:58 AM
The Wannadies are Swedish.

Just sayin'.

Great wee song though.

Haha, really? But I guess they all grow up learning the Queen's English. :D