PDA

View Full Version : "Maybe they should just kick the field goal right now"

dasaybz
09-22-2008, 12:19 PM
What the hell was Fouts talking about? Was he serious, or just talking to hear himself speak?

Criqui was pretty funny too when he declared the old "nail in the coffin" line.

Dr. Lecter
09-22-2008, 12:20 PM
When did he say that?

You have to explain this to some of us.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
When did he say that?

You have to explain this to some of us.'
I dont remember the EXACT moment, but I know what he's talking about.

We needed two scores at the time, I believe it was 16-7. but there were still over 6 minutes left, and we were like inside the 30 and fouts said to kick the FG now.

he corrected himself seconds later when he realized they werent stopping Edwards again.

Fouts was TERRIBLE.

dasaybz
09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I think it was the 2nd to last drive of the game. The Bills are driving down the field, and Fouts said that they should just kick the field goal now because they are not going to have enough time to come back down the field and score.

I've never heard an announcer use this line of stupid thinking in my entire life.

SMERLASRULES
09-22-2008, 12:34 PM
I could not believe what I was hearing from Fouts about kicking a field goal. However Cruqui declaring the 84 yard Raider touchdown as the "winning score" was far more egregious, and made the outcome that much more satisfying. The announcing quality of NFL games has reached an all-time low.

THATHURMANATOR
09-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Well Criqui is from Buffalo and is a Bills fan so he was probably just saying what we all were thinking.

Agent007
09-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Fouts forgot it was Captain Comback time.

Until they were at the 20 he finally realized the Raiders couldn't stop Edwards.

I thought it was a head scratcher as well.

Mr. Miyagi
09-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Well Criqui is from Buffalo and is a Bills fan so he was probably just saying what we all were thinking.
I for one wasn't thinking that it was game over.

Had you not told us he was from Buffalo I thought he sure sounded like a big time Raiders fan or at least a Dolphins fan. The announcing was very slanted the whole game.

yordad
09-22-2008, 12:48 PM
What the hell was Fouts talking about? Was he serious, or just talking to hear himself speak?

Criqui was pretty funny too when he declared the old "nail in the coffin" line.I hate it when they say that, and it made no sense at that time.

The Spaz
09-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I said WTF we have plenty of time on the clock and the raiders O-was eating up time. It was an idiotic statement to make.

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 01:30 PM

Criqui was pretty funny too when he declared the old "nail in the coffin" line.
I thought Fouts was on drugs when he said that.

VeggieMan14
09-22-2008, 01:43 PM
i heard that too i was like wtf

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
ya they were terrible. Firstly, it was 1st and 10 from the 15 yard line, with 4 minutes left or so. WHY WOULD WE TAKE THE FIELD GOAL. I actually tried to make myself think it could be reasonable but its not like the team was going to run the ball and waste all of the play clock between plays..."hes an idiot" is basically the end result of all this reasoning.

ublinkwescore
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Fouts forgot it was Captain Comback time.

Until they were at the 20 he finally realized the Raiders couldn't stop Edwards.

I thought it was a head scratcher as well.

Funny, my nickname for him is Captain Clutch.

But I still will not buy his jersey.

I will never buy a QB jersey again. Period.