PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards setting the bar high...

Ebenezer
09-22-2008, 12:41 PM
12 career starts and 4 come from behind victories? The kid is setting a high bar for himself. Good to see and very encouraging but let's hope fans don't expect this kid to be the second coming of Montana, Elway or Kelly.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 12:42 PM
I LOVE Edwards and I've been down with him since last Summer.

There is one thing and one thing only that still scares me about Edwards, and we'll have to wait til later in the season if he improves in that area; but I'm still scared of his play in ****ty weather.

raphael120
09-22-2008, 12:44 PM
4 comebacks? I only recall 3....what were the two last year? I know one was Miami...

dasaybz
09-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Edwards > Montana, Kelly, and Elway combined.

Agent007
09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
4 comebacks? I only recall 3....what were the two last year? I know one was Miami...

Washington.

parrishlynchevans
09-22-2008, 01:11 PM
12 career starts and 4 come from behind victories? The kid is setting a high bar for himself. Good to see and very encouraging but let's hope fans don't expect this kid to be the second coming of Montana, Elway or Kelly.

I expect him to be the second coming of those groups of players now.

bills_7
09-22-2008, 02:56 PM
is everyone blind on how bad trent played? he played amazing in the 4th ya,, im not sold on him yet

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 02:59 PM
is everyone blind on how bad trent played? he played amazing in the 4th ya,, im not sold on him yet
LOL, please.

If Losman plays we probably lose by three touchdowns, and he would've turned the ball over at least four times by himself with that pressure.

Completing 15 of your last 20 and throwing for 177 yards in the 4th, when it most matters, is playing badly?

bills_7
09-22-2008, 03:06 PM
im not making this a losman thing,, he has a high completion rate because he dumps the ball off and dinks and dumps short passes,, im just sayn im not sold on im yet he missed 2 open recievers myb more,,, anyway he plays smart i like that

Philagape
09-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Why people respond to trolls is beyond me ......

bills_7
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
are u joking me phil,, trent played bad untill the 4th,, try having a convo about the game and not take the easy way out

G Wolly
09-22-2008, 03:24 PM
I like how people waste their time commenting on a topic they have nothing positive to say about.

Get a girlfriend or something.

But I've been a supporter of Trent since he was drafted, mostly because I wasn't impressed by JP's gameplay.

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 03:47 PM
im not making this a losman thing,,
then don't mention his name.

justasportsfan
09-22-2008, 03:51 PM
trent played bad untill the 4th,,I would've loved for him to win the game as early as the first qtr. but he did more than enough on his part to win the game in crunch time WHEN IT MATTERED THE MOST which is more than I can ask for from a 2nd year guy. There's no denying he will need to do more in the early part of the game if we are to win a sb ,but players did their part in dropping passes.

Yeah he didn't do well earlier in the game but he's showed us he's clutch. I don't expect him to be perfect , YET!

Ebenezer
09-22-2008, 05:49 PM
The Pats were 16-0 last year and looked perfect (or darn near) on every play. I bet they would have taken a bad game in there someplace in exchange for a SB win.

Yasgur's Farm
09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
There is one thing and one thing only that still scares me about Edwards, and we'll have to wait til later in the season if he improves in that area; but I'm still scared of his play in ****ty weather.That's what I need to see too... Not just sheety weather... But just plain misty weather.

Other than that, I couldn't be happier with his play!

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 06:18 PM
The Pats were 16-0 last year and looked perfect (or darn near) on every play. I bet they would have taken a bad game in there someplace in exchange for a SB win.

You must of missed the Ravens game, they should of lost.

njsue
09-22-2008, 06:37 PM
:love: Trent Edwards

TacklingDummy
09-22-2008, 08:52 PM
8-4 vs 10-21

The debate has been over for awhile now.

PECKERWOOD
09-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Let me make one thing clear here, I may have Losman in my signature but that doesn't mean that I don't think Trent has been GREAT. I'm so psyched about this team right now and I just really want Trent to prove me wrong about injury concerns and such. If Trent can prove to me that he can stay healthy, then he is definately a franchise caliber QB.

Jeff1220
09-22-2008, 09:38 PM
It's so annoying when the bar is set high...makes it so difficult to reach my drink.

OpIv37
09-22-2008, 09:41 PM

We don't need Montana, Elway or Kelly. We just need competence because we've lacked it since Kelly left. So far, I think Trent has that.

yordad
09-23-2008, 12:25 AM
4 comebacks? I only recall 3....what were the two last year? I know one was Miami...Miami? Are you sure? I don't think that was a comeback for TE. So, that still leaves me with 3.

Ebs, what two did you have logged for last year?

LifetimeBillsFan
09-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Miami? Are you sure? I don't think that was a comeback for TE. So, that still leaves me with 3.

Ebs, what two did you have logged for last year?

I think Chris Brown was wrong when he wrote on BB.com that Edwards had engineered 4 fourth-quarter comeback victories in 12 starts.

Edwards has led the Bills to victory four times in the fourth quarter in his 12 starts, but only three have been come-from-behind wins. The three comebacks were against Washington in 2007 and against Jacksonville and Oakland this season. Edwards also led the Bills to victory in the fourth quarter in his first win of 2007 against the Jets, but it was not a come-from-behind win. The score was tied going into the fourth quarter and Edwards led the Bills to 10 fourth quarter points to win the game.

In the second game against the Jets in 2007, the Bills also came from behind to win, but that comeback was engineered by JP Losman after Edwards got hurt.

So, the Bills have actually won 5 of Edwards 12 starts in the 4th quarter. Four of them on comebacks: three led by Edwards and one by Losman. With Edwards leading the Bills to a victory in four of those five games, but the Bills coming from behind to win three of those four.

bills_7
09-23-2008, 02:09 AM
then don't mention his name.

eh smart guy pat brought his name into read the posts b4 u coment

bills_7
09-23-2008, 02:16 AM
I like how people waste their time commenting on a topic they have nothing positive to say about.

Get a girlfriend or something.

But I've been a supporter of Trent since he was drafted, mostly because I wasn't impressed by JP's gameplay.

so everyone is suposed to talk good about everything? and if u write something negetive that means people should ignore it? or some how that means im wasting time? or that i dont have a girlfriend?

you couldnt be more wrong,, way to tell everyone u suport trent,, how bout u write something about the game and not waste peoples time,, as u would put it

Crisis
09-23-2008, 02:24 AM
again, the day i listen to qb talk from someone who is a tim couch fan and a jp losman supporter, is the day i buy into FTP's "wins and losses are overrated" arguement.

bills_7
09-23-2008, 02:25 AM
i like trent,, im just not sol don him yet like everyone else around here

justasportsfan
09-23-2008, 09:26 AM
eh smart guy pat brought his name into read the posts b4 u coment
my bad. I can't read his posts. BUt don't worry about Pat. He said JP sucked and then claimed he was wrong about Jp after 06 and now JP sucks again. The guys opinion is based on where the wind blows.

Jan Reimers
09-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Trent has performed extremely well, especially late in games, but his comeback wins have in part been due to his failure to play well early in games.

But I love his poise, and feel he will get better and better.

Ebenezer
09-23-2008, 10:13 AM
I think Chris Brown was wrong when he wrote on BB.com that Edwards had engineered 4 fourth-quarter comeback victories in 12 starts.

Edwards has led the Bills to victory four times in the fourth quarter in his 12 starts, but only three have been come-from-behind wins. The three comebacks were against Washington in 2007 and against Jacksonville and Oakland this season. Edwards also led the Bills to victory in the fourth quarter in his first win of 2007 against the Jets, but it was not a come-from-behind win. The score was tied going into the fourth quarter and Edwards led the Bills to 10 fourth quarter points to win the game.

In the second game against the Jets in 2007, the Bills also came from behind to win, but that comeback was engineered by JP Losman after Edwards got hurt.

So, the Bills have actually won 5 of Edwards 12 starts in the 4th quarter. Four of them on comebacks: three led by Edwards and one by Losman. With Edwards leading the Bills to a victory in four of those five games, but the Bills coming from behind to win three of those four.
thanks for the correction :up:

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-23-2008, 10:14 AM
are u joking me phil,, trent played bad untill the 4th,, try having a convo about the game and not take the easy way out

Id rather have trent play amazing in the 4th an have a comeback win, then have JP play ****ty the entire game..an lose.

bills_7
09-23-2008, 12:51 PM
my bad. I can't read his posts. BUt don't worry about Pat. He said JP sucked and then claimed he was wrong about Jp after 06 and now JP sucks again. The guys opinion is based on where the wind blows.

ok no big deal,, u guys are miss understanding me tho,, i like trent im just not sold yet,, so far so good,, not great,, our team is amazing and it may be making him look good,, well see in the coming weeks

Albany,n.y.
09-23-2008, 04:51 PM
im not making this a losman thing,, he has a high completion rate because he dumps the ball off and dinks and dumps short passes,, im just sayn im not sold on im yet he missed 2 open recievers myb more,,, anyway he plays smart i like that
I'll get worried when the standard pass completion percentage for a starting QB is about 100%. No QB is perfect on all throws. They all miss open receivers, sometimes more than 2 in a game. Do you know that JP Losman has a higher career completion % than John Elway? You're not sold on him yet-fortunately, his teammates & coaching staff are.

Philagape
09-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Only because of short passing eh?

Trent's 57 percent on passes over 10 yards (including 4-for-5 in the 21-30 range).

That's a better percentage than Peyton Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, McNabb, Ben and Eli.

DynaPaul
09-23-2008, 07:25 PM

They did have a bad game last year... unfortunately it was IN the Super Bowl. Ha ha!

FlyingDutchman
09-23-2008, 10:15 PM
can we remember this is basically his real rookie season. Sure he got a little taste last year, but hes basically a rookie. Hes only going to get better. I dont see Trent following the JP route and never maturing.

jamze132
09-24-2008, 04:08 AM
But Losman didn't do that since he missed his receivers out of the backfield.

jdbillsfan
09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
ok no big deal,, u guys are miss understanding me tho,, i like trent im just not sold yet,, so far so good,, not great,, our team is amazing and it may be making him look good,, well see in the coming weeks

I don't think our team is amazing yet. Trent struggled in the first few quarters becuase he had no time to throw and receivers couldn't get open.

The first 3 quarters could be attributed to our not quite amazing team not blocking, getting open, dropped balls, no running game, etc.

jdbillsfan
09-24-2008, 01:24 PM

Offense was bad.