PDA

View Full Version : Youboty needs a promotion.

Confused
09-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Put this guy back at no.2 I love his size and strength up against the bigger possesion WRs. Greer can play the nick for the rest of the season til Leodis replaces him.
Ashton makes plays. I'm all but sold on the kid. I love his pedigree and potential. This guy really has come around. I think he is a better cover CB than Greer and a better tackler.

I think we need to make the switch b4 the Arizona game or Q will eat Greer alive.

Dr. Pepper
09-22-2008, 01:32 PM
I'm seriously impressed with him too, but it's only been a couple games he needs to sustain his play for longer first.

Bill Brasky
09-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Put this guy back at no.2 I love his size and strength up against the bigger possesion WRs. Greer can play the nick for the rest of the season til Leodis replaces him.
Ashton makes plays. I'm all but sold on the kid. I love his pedigree and potential. This guy really has come around. I think he is a better cover CB than Greer and a better tackler.

I think we need to make the switch b4 the Arizona game or Q will eat Greer alive.

rewind 11 months ago and people were saying the same things about Greer.

football fans - owners of the world's shortest memory

Dr. Lecter
09-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Playing the slot on 3rd down is much different than being a starting CB.

patmoran2006
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Im perfectly contempt with the way things are now.

Greer hasn't looked good to you?

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Youboty has made some stellar plays, but I truly believe no is better in man coverage than Greer. His man is rarely more than 5 feet from him and it usually takes a very good throw to beat his coverage. ALSO, why fix it if it ain't broken?? Youboty may step into the #2 spot and be terrible. So let him continue to be a good nickel cb.

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM

exactly.

Bill Brasky
09-22-2008, 01:42 PM

haha - you mean, content?

our entire defense is playing fine, there's no need to switch things up.

Dr. Pepper
09-22-2008, 01:45 PM
beat me to the correction brasky

camelcowboy
09-22-2008, 01:54 PM
haha - you mean, content?

our entire defense is playing fine, there's no need to switch things up.
I concur

Captain gameboy
09-22-2008, 02:39 PM
In 44 years of following the Bills, I cannot remember a single year where our combination of cornerbacks looked better.
Robert James was the best ever, but this group seems to be the best combination.

Not to distract from the thread, but I'm guessing we get something for one of the top three this off season.

yordad
09-22-2008, 02:42 PM
In 44 years of following the Bills, I cannot remember a single year where our combination of cornerbacks looked better.
Robert James was the best ever, but this group seems to be the best combination.

Not to distract from the thread, but I'm guessing we get something for one of the top three this off season.Better starters, yes. Better depth, no. But then again, the passing offenses we have faced thus far aren't exactly like the Pats of last year.

mysticsoto
09-22-2008, 02:47 PM

Not to distract from the thread, but I'm guessing we get something for one of the top three this off season.

I'll agree with that - despite us having a weak secondary last season, things have really changed around.

That being said, I have to say that so far I've been disappointed with McKelvin. I know he's a rookie and all, but he hasn't even looked that good on STs.

But this is probably my bias talking b'cse I wanted DRC...

pintonick96
09-22-2008, 03:10 PM
He basically is a starter. Our defense looks to be a base nickel defense. I was watching and Youboty is on the field for many many more plays than Ellison. I think the fact we're in a nickel alot has to do with a lack of confidence in Ellison as well as the fact Youboty has been our best tackler on D.