PDA

View Full Version : Bills weren't 'tricked,' Rosenhaus says

lordofgun
04-29-2003, 08:27 AM
"The Bills made this pick based on their astute ability to scout a player."
Agent Drew Rosenhaus

The agent for running back Willis McGahee wasn't taking any credit Monday for "tricking" the Buffalo Bills into thinking his client was worthy of being taken in the first round of the NFL draft.
Drew Rosenhaus not surprisingly praised the Bills for making McGahee the 23rd overall pick Saturday. He said he does not believe the Bills were unduly influenced by the tactics he used to promote the University of Miami running back.

"There's no tricks or getting people to do this or that," Rosenhaus said from his Miami office. "I never said that I did that. We just worked as hard as we could to do our job as an agent, and that was it. The Bills made this pick based on their astute ability to scout a player and the homework they put into it. I give them all the credit."

Rosenhaus, however, took credit for his promotional skills in interviews with ESPN and the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel on Saturday.

He acknowledged Saturday that he placed calls to McGahee's cell phone during the draft telecast to make it look like NFL teams were on the line with the running back.

"Pretend I'm an NFL team calling you," Rosenhaus said. "Look happy. Maybe we can get some team that's watching to think we're talking to other teams."

He acknowledged that he promoted the idea that New England coach Bill Belichick visited Miami early this month for the sole purpose of working out McGahee, when in fact the Pats coach came to work out McGahee plus five other Hurricane players.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030429/1026776.asp

Tatonka
04-29-2003, 08:38 AM
i hate him just a very very tiny bit less..

nevermind.. :snicker:

Ebenezer
04-29-2003, 09:07 AM
he's greasy, he's slime and we'll have to put up with him as long as we have McGahee. The best thing we can hope for is that WM comes in and rushes for 2000 yards in 2004 or 2005...that will shut everybody up.

colin
04-29-2003, 10:01 AM
That little homo is a 98 pound Mike Tyson, and TD is a Lennox Lewis on a rampage. I am not worried about it.

Earthquake Enyart
04-29-2003, 10:09 AM
The only agent that is worse is that Scott Boros from baseball. :puke:

ArcticWildMan
04-29-2003, 10:14 AM
Speaking of agrnts....I know one agent nobody will be clamoring to use is the one Mike Hollis used :snicker:

TypicalBill
04-29-2003, 10:37 AM
:lol: AWM ..im surprised he didn't fire him yet

LABillsFan
04-29-2003, 10:38 AM
If Rosenhaus thinks he is some sort of high supreme agent that can control what teams do by the spin he sends out or give the illusion that his client is so in demand and then brag about it be fore his client has signed a contract, then he blew it by telling all. It will be interesting to see how fast a deal gets done and what it will be worth. Rosenhaus will be changing his tune once the dust has settled and I hope TD eats this guy alive with some Fava beans and a bottle of nice chianti.