X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Lindell answers bell

With 10 game-winning kicks in nine seasons, one might figure Bills kicker Rian Lindell doesn’t think twice about giving his team a win. But after missing a 46-yard field goal earlier in the game, Lindell said he worried whether his missed field goal would be the difference until the Bills defensive and offensive units gave him a chance to win the game with a crucial three and out and a Buffalo drive down to the Oakland 20-yard-line.

“Yeah the whole time,” Lindell said. “So thank you to the offense, thank you to the defense for their part. It’s nice that they picked me up like that. It was huge. I can sleep now.”

All hope seemed lost when linebacker Paul Posluszny gambled on pass coverage, missing a deflection by inches and allowing Oakland receiver Johnnie Lee Higgins to scamper 84 yards for an Oakland touchdown, putting the Raiders up nine points with 6:36 remaining.

• Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: Lindell answers bell

I still don't trust him over 40 yards in a superbowl winning kick situation.

Good kicker? Sure... but I think his stats are inflated a little because the Bills don't often try really long field goals, knowing that he can't hit them consistently.

Comment

• bills_7
      TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
      • Mar 2004

lindell is the man

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Pride
        I still don't trust him over 40 yards in a superbowl winning kick situation.

Good kicker? Sure... but I think his stats are inflated a little because the Bills don't often try really long field goals, knowing that he can't hit them consistently.
        Not sure about that I could have sworn he is one of the best of 45 yards or longer since he's joined the Bills.

Comment

• The Spaz
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
          Not sure about that I could have sworn he is one of the best of 45 yards or longer since he's joined the Bills.
          He is pretty good actually:

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

Stats don't disprove what I said. While I agree he is a good kicker... the lack of attempts of over 50 yards on that stat sheet further proves the coaching staffs haven't trusted him.

I'd be interested in seeing that stat sheet against someone like... say Vinatieri.

UPDATE: I looked and by God... he has attempted more 50+ yard kicks than Vinatieri has in their careers.

Rian, if you are reading this... I'm sorry!

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Pride
              Stats don't disprove what I said. While I agree he is a good kicker... the lack of attempts of over 50 yards on that stat sheet further proves the coaching staffs haven't trusted him.

I'd be interested in seeing that stat sheet against someone like... say Vinatieri.

UPDATE: I looked and by God... he has attempted more 50+ yard kicks than Vinatieri has in their careers.

Rian, if you are reading this... I'm sorry!

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Rian Lindell is the man! I really got scared that he was going to miss it again, but when it went thru the uprights, I was going nuts! Way to go, Mr. Lindell!!!

Comment

Working...
                X