• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills Report Card: vs. Oakland, 9/21/08

Our own BlackMetalNinja breaks it down for you again:

Let me preface this week’s report card with this: Most of the grades completely changed during the 4th quarter of this game, it wasn’t looking real good up until that point and I was ready to throw the book at the team. Sometimes I hate the way the Bills tend to play to the level of their opponents! Let’s start off with a quick run down of the translation of grades:
    A = Excellent
    B = Above Average
    C = Average
    D = Below Average
    F = Failure
    Quarterbacks: B+
    - Trent really didn’t show much early on in the game, much like the team in general, but he sure did step it up to lead those drives in the 4th. 24/39 is a pretty decent day, and 279 yards is his best output of the season. It’s good to see him starting to get recognition around the league for his play thus far, because he certainly deserves it. His poise in leading this team from behind the last two weeks has impressed me to no end, and makes it hard to remember he’s a 2nd year quarterback. He made a few mistakes along the way this week, but recovered very nicely.
    Running Backs: A-
    - I’ve gushed about Marshawn Lynch each week so far, and that’s not going to change today. For the first 3 quarters of the game, it seemed like he was the only guy on the Bills’ offense that came to play. Every time he gets the ball, it’s just pure fun to watch. He never stops trying to move forward, and it pays off all the time. He’s turned so many 2-3 yard gains into 5+ yard gains that it’s astounding. 83 yards on the ground, and, more importantly, 2 huge TDs make him my MVP of the game this week. Freddie Jackson was quiet compared to last week, but still very solid in spot duty, averaging almost 5 yards per carry. This is definitely the strong spot on this team so far this year.
    More....

• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Buffalo Bills Report Card: vs. Oakland, 9/21/08

Nice Job Shel, great read.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

i didn't write it....BlackMetalNinja did!

But thanks!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
        • May 2005

Originally posted by shelby
        i didn't write it....BlackMetalNinja did!

But thanks!
        In that case... it stinks!

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
          In that case... it stinks!
          Nice job fellow Bills fan!

Comment

Working...
          X