PDA

View Full Version : Kornheiser Says Bills Most Legit AFC 3-0 Team

raphael120
09-22-2008, 04:38 PM
They debated between Denver, the Bills, or Titans who was the best 3-0 AFC team. Kornheiser went with Buffalo because they beat 2 previous playoff teams and because their a dominant defense and Wilbon went with the Titans because they were a playoff team last year.

Said Denver won vs. Chargers because of blown call and barely won last week. I tend to agree. Titans QB situation is worse than the Bills...I like our chances against the Titans thus far in the season.

DrGraves
09-22-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm scared of Denver, I think their offense is far more consistent than ours.

cocamide
09-22-2008, 04:49 PM
I haven't watched much of the Titans, but they seem pretty solid. They have a good running game and great defense. However, they really haven't played anyone, so it'll be interesting to see how they do against good teams. Denver has been very fortunate the past couple weeks, but the offense is sick. Their defense sucks though.

raphael120
09-22-2008, 04:55 PM

Denvers defense is kinda bad right now...thats their weakness.

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Denvers defense is kinda bad right now...thats their weakness.

Their defense is aweful & they got a dream mistake by Ed H. to win one of their games.

MikeInRoch
09-22-2008, 05:28 PM
There are some analysts that I believe in, and like when they say my team is good, because they know what they are talking about.

Then there are some that I'd rather *not* have say we are good, because they don't have a clue.

Alas, Kornheiser falls into category 2.

Wally The Barber
09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Smart man...

Bravo82
09-22-2008, 05:44 PM
and all this time i thought kornhole was a tool....

Ebenezer
09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Denver will be very scary if that defense starts to play.

njsue
09-22-2008, 06:23 PM
:flex: Time to recognize the Buffalo Bills.

Electrici
09-22-2008, 06:25 PM
There are some analysts that I believe in, and like when they say my team is good, because they know what they are talking about.

Then there are some that I'd rather *not* have say we are good, because they don't have a clue.

Agreed x2

Night Train
09-22-2008, 06:39 PM
He's better than " The Sky Is Falling " crowd which told us all spring & summer that the Bills suck.

Need me to start bumping some threads ?

Pinkerton Security
09-22-2008, 06:49 PM

x3

Kornheiser has some of the worst insights, especially in the booth, ever. He just kinda rambles like he would on PTI, and just sounds like a mental midget.

Mad Bomber
09-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I haven't read the rest of the posts on this thread, so if I repeat anything, please forgive me..

I think that Tennessee is the most legit team of the group, because they have a PHYSICAL Defense and a fairly good offense. They are the team in the AFC that scares me the most.

BlackMetalNinja
09-22-2008, 07:05 PM
Oh boy, if we manage to go 5-0 before the bye we're going to be the league's favorite pick all over the place. I hope we don't become that team that nobody else wants to hear about.

Banks2Pierce
09-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I can't take a team with Kerry Collins starting at QB seriously.

I think the best team in the AFC right now is Pittsburgh, even though they aren't undefeated.

TigerJ
09-22-2008, 07:38 PM
I haven't watched much of the Titans, but they seem pretty solid. They have a good running game and great defense. However, they really haven't played anyone, so it'll be interesting to see how they do against good teams. Denver has been very fortunate the past couple weeks, but the offense is sick. Their defense sucks though.

Well, they did play Jacksonville, and beat them more soundly than the Bills did. They got them at home though. That makes a difference.

DynaPaul
09-22-2008, 07:43 PM
I hope no one in the media talks about us. Let's get that "lack of respect" underdog card.

Kenny
09-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I dont know... We're good, but the best 3-0 team in the AFC?

I think the Titans are still better right now. Better defense, and a more sound run game (while Lynch is better than anyone the TItans have, -whether its their system or run blocking schemes, -their run attack is pretty deadly).
While our QB play is better than the Titans, it hasnt been consistent or dominant enough to warrant us being better overall than the Titans.

As for Denver. Sure they've been lucky, but like everyone else has said, that offense is just pure sweetness.
In the end, their offense is better than our defense.

I'd rank it:
1. Titans
2. Broncos
3. Bills

A bit early to be wearing the rose colored glasses right now (now if we took care of Oakland like were suppose to, rather than squeeking out a win, the rankings would be much much different).

ParanoidAndroid
09-22-2008, 08:25 PM
Anyone who watched the Bills-Raiders game saw a very ordinary team getting outplayed at home for 3 full quarters.
It was an awesome comeback, but I remain skeptical. I think all our games for the rest of the season are winable, which is great, but we can't keep hitting the snooze bar and then finally waking up at a quarter to nine, if you know what I mean.
I disagree with Kornheiser until we play a true contender and beat them for most of the 60 minutes.
That test comes to town on October 19th.

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 08:29 PM
That test comes to town on October 19th.

Every game is a test, some tests are just harder than others. The day that more of us understand that it takes every game to equal a season and however "easy" a game may seem, it may not end up that way.

Belchick looked like he just lost his dog at his press conference, Moss was like the only one who looked like he didn't get shot. When Moss looks the most calm, you know there is a fire in that house.

yordad
09-22-2008, 11:34 PM
I don't even understand how the Titans are good to be honest. I know they are 3-0, but I still don't believe it.

The Bronco's, on the other had, have a scary looking offense. I am glad our D is considerably better. I think they are neck and neck with us.

njsue
09-23-2008, 01:21 AM
I can't take a team with Kerry Collins starting at QB seriously.

I think the best team in the AFC right now is Pittsburgh, even though they aren't undefeated.

Pittsburgh just got destroyed by Philadelphia.

elltrain22
09-23-2008, 06:09 AM
I think Tennessee has the best defense out of the 3 teams, and Denver has the best offense of the 3 teams, but I think we are the only team that is complete in all phases of the game. When ya think about we've got a very solid dee, up and coming offense, and the best special teams unit in the NFL. I know I may sound like a homer also, but I say Kornheiser is right when he calls the Bills the most complete AFC undefeated team.

Mad Bomber
09-23-2008, 06:39 AM
I agree about their offense, but their defense is awful.

BlackMetalNinja
09-23-2008, 06:42 AM
Pittsburgh just got destroyed by Philadelphia.15-6 is getting destroyed now... interesting :scratch:

Mitchy moo
09-23-2008, 06:50 AM
15-6 is getting destroyed now... interesting :scratch:

Big Ben got blown multiple times, so I think the score wasn't the only factor.

BlackMetalNinja
09-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Big Ben got blown multiple times, so I think the score wasn't the only factor.And Pittsburgh has also only given up 38 points in 3 games... including only 15 to Philly who put up a ton of points the week before. I love the fact that we are 3-0 and all, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think there are several teams that are still better than us right now, despite records.

Mitchy moo
09-23-2008, 07:05 AM
And Pittsburgh has also only given up 38 points in 3 games... including only 15 to Philly who put up a ton of points the week before. I love the fact that we are 3-0 and all, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think there are several teams that are still better than us right now, despite records.

We do not play Pittsburgh this year, therefore their current talent has no direct impact on our team. Pittsburgh has alot of tough games left as well do we.

I still think there is no team that we cannot beat in the AFC, the gap is gone. That is what we as fans have been waiting for, a competitive team that can win.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Right now, based on common opponents (Denver played Oakland, Tennesee played Jacksonville), we are third.

Denver killed Oakland, Tennesee handled Jacksonville.

We had to eek out victories over both.

The big difference I see between the three teams is that of the three, Buffalo has the best chance to improve.

RedEyE
09-23-2008, 07:21 AM
The Bills defense is going to be seriously tested against Denver, San Diego and the Cardinals. They all have offenses capable of jacking up the score.

Saratoga Slim
09-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Anyone else feel like the balance of power has shifted from the AFC to the NFC?

Mitchy moo
09-23-2008, 07:37 AM
The Bills defense is going to be seriously tested against Denver, San Diego and the Cardinals. They all have offenses capable of jacking up the score.

Denver and SD defenses give up as many yards as their offenses take, check the stats.

BlackMetalNinja
09-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Anyone else feel like the balance of power has shifted from the AFC to the NFC?If by that you mean the NFC East... the rest of the conference is nothing special at all.

mybills
09-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Buffalo can stop the run, so I don't care who any team has as their RB. We don't play the Titans or Pittsburgh at all, and we don't play Denver till week 16 so who cares?

Mitchy moo
09-23-2008, 08:15 AM
Buffalo can stop the run, so I don't care who any team has as their RB. We don't play the Titans or Pittsburgh at all, and we don't play Denver till week 16 so who cares?

Exactly. We as a team need to focus on our scheduled opponents. Win more than the others and they play the Bills and the 12th man, a difficult combo to beat

parrishlynchevans
09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Oh boy, if we manage to go 5-0 before the bye we're going to be the league's favorite pick all over the place. I hope we don't become that team that nobody else wants to hear about.

I do because that means the Bills are actually good. I want the Bills to become so hated. I want Patriots hatred while our fanbase gets blinded by the Lombardis.

justasportsfan
09-23-2008, 10:20 AM
15-6 is getting destroyed now... interesting :scratch:
yes it is if you consider that it's Pitts.