PDA

View Full Version : Bills Ranked #5 in Defense in NFL; 13th Ranked Offense

raphael120
09-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Just goes to show what adding a couple pieces to the defense and offense can do. Having a competent OC and a smart QB...this is a QB league...if you don't have a good QB, you're not going to be a very good team. Also goes to the importance of the trenches, both sides of the ball. And to think we're set with this same exact team for the next 3-4 years.

Don't want to be premature, but hopefully this train keeps chuggin along and just keeps getting better. Man...it's weird we're almost done with September and haven't lost yet. Usually we're this far into football season and not knowing how good it feels to have a win! Man it's going to be rough when we actually do lose... Nice to know how it feels to be on the winning end of things for once, eh!

Typ0
09-22-2008, 04:57 PM
we aren't going to lose.

Billiever86
09-22-2008, 05:45 PM
I think the key is the run defense here....They still show tiny flashes of the swiss cheese that we saw last year....but we are doing a phenomenal job just based on where we were last year in terms of defense....

I love how Fewell really is doing his best to stop the inside runs....Especially last game....running up the middle is our weak spot....and i love how he puts his linebackers up there by the line...they plug the middle and force the outside run....and we have a fast enough D to run outside and real good tackling corners to help out if anything is looking bad....its a real smart move by fewell...and im glad we are holding teams to under 100 yards a game rushing because of it...

njsue
09-22-2008, 06:48 PM
This Bills team over all will improve each game.

They have established some things that have been missing since the Jim Kelly teams.

*** IDENTITY

***LEADERSHIP.

Just listening to Trent yesterday, He wants to win for his team and his coach.

:love:

BAM
09-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Incredible. I never would have guessed we'd be this good.

Mad Bomber
09-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Compare to last year..30-31 rated overall defense.

We get Marcus Stoud...the guy blows up the interior of EVERY opponentss' O-line...Suddenly, Kyle Williams is a STUD...our DEs become better....our LBs can roam around and make plays, instead of fighting off 290 lb guards.....

BTW...we are in the top 5-10 in EVERY category.

I have LOVED watching this Defense play.....

Mad Bomber
09-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Incredible. I never would have guessed we'd be this good.
<table class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1" width="70%"><tbody><tr><td class="tcat">Bulletin Message</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="panelsurround" align="center">
<!-- main error message -->
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
<!-- / main error message -->

<!-- <input type="submit" class="button" value="Go Back" accesskey="s" onclick="history.back(1); return false" />
--> </td> </tr> </tbody></table> :blowup: