PDA

View Full Version : THE Hit...

Mad Bomber
09-22-2008, 07:56 PM
This is probably something that I should probably wait until the Chargers game, but I'm thinking that The Historian will appreciate this...

I remember watching this live on TV...

Mike Stratton making THE HIT on Keith Lincoln....

Broke his ribs, and propelled the Bills to an AFL Championship!!!!!
http://www.geocities.com/bflobuzrd_2000/thehit.jpg

Mad Bomber
09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
You can see two Bills DLs... Ron McDole (72) and Jim Dunaway (78).

Historian....was this THE team, or what?

Meathead
09-22-2008, 10:49 PM
was the whole family huddled around the eight foot tv cabinet with the four inch screen

Devin
09-22-2008, 11:11 PM
:rofl:

LifetimeBillsFan
09-23-2008, 01:27 AM
IMHO--and many may disagree--this was and still is the greatest play in Buffalo Bills history.

The Chargers were leading that game 7-0 at the time, after easily driving for a TD on their opening possession of the game with their high-powered offense, and looked to be on their way to a possible second score when Stratton hit Keith Lincoln.

The hit was so perfect and clean that you could hear the sound of the impact at home above the crowd noise. It broke a couple of Lincoln's ribs, putting him out of the game.

After that hit, the Chargers' offensive players wanted nothing to do with the Bills defense and the Bills came back to win the game. The next year in the AFL Championship game the Bills completely stifled the Chargers' offense.

Interestingly, while Keith Lincoln never again was the same force that he was in the Chargers offense before that hit, he did end up playing for the Bills a couple of years later.

Ah, what a play!!!

Night Train
09-23-2008, 05:04 AM
Historian....was this THE team, or what?

Love those 1964-65 teams. They were the one team in the AFL with a dominant D. :up:

Captain gameboy
09-23-2008, 06:00 AM
I have posted that picture before and I was at that game.
Most of us thought Lincoln was dead.