PDA

View Full Version : anyone else glad....

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-22-2008, 09:25 PM
that we did not try to grab favre? Dude is a pick machine!

FlyingDutchman
09-22-2008, 09:31 PM
I just hope the media finally gets off his nuts

Mitchy moo
09-22-2008, 09:33 PM
He would make a good backup to help tudor Trent, it isn't like any of our
current QB's can share anything with him of value.

Jan Reimers
09-23-2008, 07:40 AM
I was glad then, and I'm glad now. There is very little upside to a 39 year-old QB.

mybills
09-23-2008, 07:55 AM
He's learning a new system & new plays with new names.

Pinkerton Security
09-23-2008, 08:00 AM
He's learning a new system & new plays with new names.

He's still not doing well. Everyone expected him to immediately come in and make the jets a 10+ win playoff team.

I didnt. The media just made a circus out of it and now its not turning out like they thought, at least so far.

OpIv37
09-23-2008, 08:12 AM
If we were a QB away from being Super Bowl contenders, then I would have wanted to make a play for him. But we're not in that situation. Our QB is playing fine and our young guys at other positions aren't ready to compete on that level yet. Bringing Favre here would have set us back more than it helped us.

OpIv37
09-23-2008, 08:13 AM
He's still not doing well. Everyone expected him to immediately come in and make the jets a 10+ win playoff team.

I didnt. The media just made a circus out of it and now its not turning out like they thought, at least so far.

Well, to be fair, the Jets made some other moves in the off-season and had two great drafts. I don't think anyone expected Favre alone to get the Jets to 10 wins- I think they thought he was one more piece that would help them.

But honestly, does anyone think the Jets would have won more games at this point with Pennington?

TacklingDummy
09-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Favre is still better than 2/3 of the QB's playing right now. He is also in 3rd place right now for TD passes, 10th in rating, 2nd Comp. %.

It was a smart move for the Jets to trade for him.

trapezeus
09-23-2008, 08:29 AM
i disagree with you Op. The jets had one lucky year with Mangini, everyone thought he was the real deal and last year he showed his true self. he has very little experience and easily confused.

The jets win for spending the most during the offseason. But it's not going to net them any results.

If the jets weren't a large market team, they'd get the same respect at the chiefs or bills when they are bad. but since they aren't, they get more attention.

At the end of yesterday's game, they zoomed in on Favre's face and i swear to god it looked like he was going to call it quits. That guy's wishwashy-ness over the last 5 years has made me hate him. i wish he'd just go away.

I never wanted favre in here. too expensive, too late, too little in production.

Pinkerton Security
09-23-2008, 08:41 AM
Well, to be fair, the Jets made some other moves in the off-season and had two great drafts. I don't think anyone expected Favre alone to get the Jets to 10 wins- I think they thought he was one more piece that would help them.

But honestly, does anyone think the Jets would have won more games at this point with Pennington?

at least pennington knows their plays. I;ve heard that Favre sometimes just says "Ok guys, same play" because he didnt know what was going on. I guess it is to be expected for a new QB to take a while to digest those NYC phonebook-sized playbooks, but who knows.

Ah, what am i saying, pennington is a bum. No way.

justasportsfan
09-23-2008, 09:19 AM
He can still hurt you if you give him time. He will beat us if our DL doesn't harrass the hell out of him into creating INT's

Captain gameboy
09-23-2008, 09:25 AM
He would make a good backup to help tudor Trent, it isn't like any of our
current QB's can share anything with him of value.

Favre aint the tutor type, and he sure doesn't come out of retirement to ride pine.

Any franchise that went after him was up for a complete upheaval, not an experienced, very expensive back up,

(Tudor-pertaining or belonging to the English royal house of Tudor).

Agent007
09-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Farve has mostly been a pick machine in his career.

That's always been a constant.

mybills
09-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Buffalo would have been a better fit for him.

btw, Mangini didn't coach that game well at all. 1/2 yard & goal..throw it? :huh:
Brett could've laid down & made the TD or 2 pt conv or whatever it was. :shakeno:
And that's just one example.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-23-2008, 11:07 AM
that we did not try to grab favre? Dude is a pick machine!

Madden Cover dude..cmon, everyone knows that, im glad we didnt..he either.

A: Gets Hurt
B: does really ****ty..

ill pass on taking someone thats on this years madden cover.

RedEyE
09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
I was thinking last night, when was the last time you saw Farve smile on the field?

I think the guy is hating life in NY. The O-Line sucks balls, and the offensive scheme is pitiful.

mybills
09-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I saw him laughing last night.

RedEyE
09-23-2008, 11:16 AM

He must have just received his pay stub.

Pinkerton Security
09-23-2008, 11:17 AM

was it after he set the all time record for most career INT's?

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Favre has always been one of the most overrated QB's; he's beyond inconsistent.