PDA

View Full Version : And The "C" Goes To...,

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-23-2008, 09:13 AM
WGRZ Sports Adam Benigini reported this last night on Ch 2 Sports last night

Sabres Lindy Ruff hasn't made his mind up yet of who will wear the "C" Jason Pominville you would think would be the choice to be captain he just signed a long term deal but Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff thinks otherwise...

"Just because Pommers signed a long term deal, that doesn't make him Captain Lindy Ruff said we have other guys on this team that could be captain. You got Rivet, Hecht, Roy, Paille and even Connolly. We'll take it day by day and evaluate we might have one captain, we might have two, or the players might vote on who will be the captain and rotate the "C" again"

the way this sounds is that the Sabres are going to rotate the "C" again this season.

hydro
09-23-2008, 09:14 AM
NO ROTATION!!!! :mad:

OpIv37
09-23-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't like the rotation. And I don't understand why Paille's name is in the mix with all of those veterans. Connolly would make a great captain if he could stay on the ice.

Don't the players usually vote on captains?

As far as Rivet, he certainly has the experience but he hasn't been with the team long enough. If the players choose him, fine, but if Lindy chooses him for the players, he better hope he knows what he's doing.

RockStar36
09-23-2008, 09:24 AM
So basically this thread/story tells us nothing.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Does it really matter anyways? Who cares who the Captain is.

clumping platelets
09-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Just win baby!!

SpillerThrills
09-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Rivet was set to be the Captain in San Jose before he was traded..... not saying that he should be our captain, but he's got the leadership and experience to be.

LivingTheLife
09-23-2008, 07:01 PM
The rotation is the worst thing Ruff does as a coach. This just signals that you don't have any leadership on this team. I don't like it.

SpillerThrills
09-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Timmy C is wearing the C tonight!