PDA

View Full Version : St Louis

BillsOwnAll
09-23-2008, 09:33 AM
I mean i usually don't take teams lightly...but come on...we better win quite convincingly.

Even if Trent(which most likely wont happen) plays horrible. I doubt they can score on our def consistently.

But like they say...thats why they play the game! im looking forward to a big win though.

Does Op or anyone else whos a hater care to tell me how we might lose this game?

HHURRICANE
09-23-2008, 09:35 AM
This team almost lost at home. I think young teams, on the road, still can lose.

imbondz
09-23-2008, 09:40 AM
Miami 38 - New England 13

BillsOwnAll
09-23-2008, 09:47 AM
New England sucks :snicker:

Pinkerton Security
09-23-2008, 09:55 AM
I hope we dont overlook them. We have a habit of playing to the level of our competition, and I will be very concerned if they stick with us at all. I tried to give the Rams credit, they played the Champs and the Eagles, two very good teams, but they got blown...uh..blowed out by the Seahawks by as much as WE beat the Hawks.

I expect to win, and it will be a HUGE blow if we do not.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I mean i usually don't take teams lightly...but come on...we better win quite convincingly.

Even if Trent(which most likely wont happen) plays horrible. I doubt they can score on our def consistently.

But like they say...thats why they play the game! im looking forward to a big win though.

Does Op or anyone else whos a hater care to tell me how we might lose this game?

seems as, if we a very heavy favorite to win a game..i dislike our odds of winning the game..i think the bills took this raiders wayyy to lightly, an almost paid for it.

Sportsuser101
09-23-2008, 10:07 AM
The Bills will crush the Rams.

madness
09-23-2008, 10:09 AM
Best 3rd down defense against the worst 3rd down offense.

Our offense should have plenty of chances to score. No excuses.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-23-2008, 10:11 AM

agreed..no doubt we should win this game big..

It's just i hope the offense doesnt take the defense too lightly like they did against the raiders..i just hope the crush the **** out of them..i wanna see like..17-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Mitchy moo
09-23-2008, 10:12 AM

X 2.

El Guapo
09-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Just got offered four club level tickets. Negotiating with my wife to go.

Jan Reimers
09-23-2008, 10:21 AM
I'll take a 1 point win, and be happy.

parrishlynchevans
09-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Inside a dome against a ****ty team? Time to open up the passing game. 300+ yard passing day for Edwards.

cocamide
09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
If the Rams try some trickery likes the Fins did, our D should be fast enough to contain it. New England looked slow and old out there.

Ebenezer
09-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I'll take a 1 point win, in overtimeand be happy.

corrected! ;)

Agent007
09-23-2008, 10:37 AM
The Rams aren't going to go winless this season.

I certainly hope they don't start with Buffalo.

Philagape
09-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Inside a dome against a ****ty team? Time to open up the passing game. 300+ yard passing day for Edwards.

I don't think we'll see that very often regardless of the opponent. The offense is intended to run long, sustained drives that keep the defense rested, which came in pretty handy when they needed a 3-and-out on the Raiders' last drive and got it.
There's a good chance for a deep shot or two, though.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-23-2008, 11:02 AM

i think it's time for lynch to rush for over 100 yards this game..if our OLINE cant open up holes for lynch against a verrrrrrry weak DLINE for the rams..ill be scared...

But then again, MLynch doesnt really need to, cause he creates his own holes!:band:

imbondz
09-23-2008, 01:19 PM
corrected! ;)

but you can't win in Overtime by one point.

The last buffalo fan
09-23-2008, 01:27 PM

a half safety? :idunno:

The Natrix
09-23-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm with you BOA. Two weeks in a row of elevated blood pressure down the stretch was enough. This games going to be over at the half.

Oaf
09-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I say our dwindling margins of victory catches up with us and we drop a sloppy one, 24-17.

Agent007
09-23-2008, 02:25 PM
I say our dwindling margins of victory catches up with us and we drop a sloppy one, 24-17.

I would not be surprised.

The rams are a wounded animal and are hungry for their first win.

HotRod
09-23-2008, 03:13 PM
A few people have mentioned the Bills habit of (seemingly) playing to the level of their opponents (in various threads), and I think they are right. I hope that it's something that is addressed.

Ed
09-23-2008, 03:32 PM
I would not be surprised.

The rams are a wounded animal and are hungry for their first win.
I don't know. From reports I've read, it sounds like the Rams aren't that hungry and seem to be lacking a lot of confidence right now. Even if the Rams start to get their act together they still don't have much talent. There's no excuse for a well prepared Bills team to let this one get away from them or even be close regardless of what the Rams do.

Jan Reimers
09-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I was going to point that out to Eb, but I didn't want to sound like a know-it-all.

imbondz
09-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I was going to point that out to Eb, but I didn't want to sound like a know-it-all.

you wouldn't have.

Captain gameboy
09-23-2008, 04:13 PM
I'll be watching one player from their side.

Chris Long.

They can line him up left or right, over Peters or Walker, but I'll be watching.

parrishlynchevans
09-24-2008, 08:44 AM

Nah, they'll be even more ready this week after what happened last week. I expect a two score victory.

Meathead
09-24-2008, 08:47 AM
i absolutely guarant ...

oh no im not doing that again

parrishlynchevans
09-24-2008, 08:53 AM
i absolutely guarant ...

oh no im not doing that again

You should show some confidence. I never understood how one close game suddenly makes everyone go scared. For **** sake, show some confidence.

Meathead
09-24-2008, 08:56 AM
well you didnt promise to shove an i love tom brady flag up your naked bigtree & northwestern butt if the bills lost to the raiders now did ya

Meathead
09-24-2008, 08:58 AM
the rectum splinters i got pulling that thing out when the kick went through the uprights is memory enough thank you

Meathead
09-24-2008, 09:00 AM
although i do have closeup pix if you want to see em

mybills
09-24-2008, 09:05 AM
the bills took this raiders wayyy to lightly, an almost paid for it.
That is why they won't repeat their mistakes. They watched the tapes in horror. They are focused on this game.

HughC
09-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Despite how bad the Rams are, the Bills better take St Louis more seriously than this board does - 'Any Given Sunday' and all that. Every season there are inexplicable upsets. The difference between the best and worst NFL team is not as big as it seems, it's not like college football. Remember two years ago when the Raiders were the worst team in the league and won only two games all year? One of those was against the Steelers, a team that had won the Super Bowl the previous season. Taking this game to be a guaranteed win is a recipe for disaster.

justasportsfan
09-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Despite how bad the Rams are, the Bills better take St Louis more seriously than this board does - 'Any Given Sunday' and all that. Every season there are inexplicable upsets. The difference between the best and worst NFL team is not as big as it seems, it's not like college football. Remember two years ago when the Raiders were the worst team in the league and won only two games all year? One of those was against the Steelers, a team that had won the Super Bowl the previous season. Taking this game to be a guaranteed win is a recipe for disaster.
I agree. A wounded dog can be more dangerous. WE better be careful with this game.

Mr. Pink
09-24-2008, 09:59 AM
The Rams have absolutely zero chance to beat us in this one. Last week I said the Raiders had a 33 percent chance. The Rams are that bad.

Holt = lost a step, lost intensity, lost heart, lost something

T. Green = over the hill, garbage, should retire

Their defense is absolutely terrible.

They have one offensive weapon...which isn't much of a weapon because they can't score and can't stop anyone. So you can't run when you're done by 20 early.

For anyone who says this a trap game, the Rams are actually worse than the Dolphins were last year.

justasportsfan
09-24-2008, 10:03 AM
The Rams have absolutely zero chance to beat us in this one. Last week I said the Raiders had a 33 percent chance. The Rams are that bad.

They have one offensive weapon...which isn't much of a weapon because they can't score and can't stop anyone. So you can't run when you're done by 20 early.

For anyone who says this a trap game, the Rams are actually worse than the Dolphins were last year.
Even without Brady people would've never thought the fins could embarrass the crap out of the PAts.

Pinkerton Security
09-24-2008, 10:05 AM

The Rams are so desperate they are cutting starting players...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3606190

In their second major move in two days, the St. Louis Rams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=stl) released starting cornerback Fakhir Brown (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2076) and signed former Saints cornerback Jason Craft (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1913) as a roster replacement.

Wow. I am so glad I'm not a Rams fan right now.

Mr. Pink
09-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Even without Brady people would've never thought the fins could embarrass the crap out of the PAts.

The Pats without Brady and an aging defense are about a .500 team...it's shown through the first three weeks.

Mr. Pink
09-24-2008, 10:07 AM
The Rams are so desperate they are cutting starting players...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3606190

In their second major move in two days, the St. Louis Rams (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=stl) released starting cornerback Fakhir Brown (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2076) and signed former Saints cornerback Jason Craft (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1913) as a roster replacement.

Wow. I am so glad I'm not a Rams fan right now.

This is the NFL's best chance at ever showcasing a perfect team in reverse through a 16 game season.

DraftBoy
09-24-2008, 10:09 AM
If Stephen Jackson gets going it could be a very long day, no reason to overlook St. Louis.

Mr. Pink
09-24-2008, 10:11 AM
If Stephen Jackson gets going it could be a very long day, no reason to overlook St. Louis.

It's hard to get him going when you're constantly playing in a big hole due to the fact you can't block anyone, you can't hold on to the ball and you can't stop anyone.

DraftBoy
09-24-2008, 10:12 AM
It's hard to get him going when you're constantly playing in a big hole due to the fact you can't block anyone, you can't hold on to the ball and you can't stop anyone.

We have proven nothing thus far except that we pretty much play to the level of our competition, there is no reason to overlook the Rams at all. Even an aging Torry Holt is still a top 30 WR, and I dont know that we have the skill at CB to really cover him.

justasportsfan
09-24-2008, 10:14 AM
The Pats without Brady and an aging defense are about a .500 team...it's shown through the first three weeks.
Prior to last sunday , you could make a case by saying the fins were just as bad as the rams .

We all knew the Pats O was not gonna be as good without Brady, but no one would've thought a crappy fins O was gonna rape the PAts' D the way they did especially when you look at the fins running nos. the first 2 games. Just like some of you are thinking there's no way the rams can beat us , there was no way the fins run game was gonna be shoved up the Pats' arse.

parrishlynchevans
09-24-2008, 10:15 AM
We have proven nothing thus far.

Wrong. They've proven they're more legit than any of the other teams in this decade.

parrishlynchevans
09-24-2008, 10:16 AM

So does that suddenly make the Fins a contender?

justasportsfan
09-24-2008, 10:18 AM
So does that suddenly make the Fins a contender?
no. It means the Pats suck.

justasportsfan
09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Wrong. They've proven they're more legit than any of the other teams in this decade.
we haven't proven we can beat elite O like the cowboys. I'm not even sure if we can beat the Eagles, GB and Giants. In the first 2 games we beat injury riddled offenses. We had to come back and beat a raiders team led by an inexperienced qb.

Mr. Pink
09-24-2008, 10:22 AM
We have proven nothing thus far except that we pretty much play to the level of our competition, there is no reason to overlook the Rams at all. Even an aging Torry Holt is still a top 30 WR, and I dont know that we have the skill at CB to really cover him.

The way Holt's going thus far this season, the Rams corners could cover him.....even Fakhir Brown.

Their entire offense is the most one-dimensional offense in football...the problem is their defense is also one-dimensional, which is complete garbage.

If we decide to play half the game like we played the 4th quarter last week, we'll roll them. But like you said so far we've been playing to the level of the competition, which isn't a bad thing necessarily, as long as they can step it up against quality opposition. We haven't faced any of that yet.

SABURZFAN
09-24-2008, 10:24 AM

the Bills should have supposedly manhandle the Raiders and they didn't. New England should have beaten the Fish and they didn't.

any team can get beat at any given time.

Mr. Miyagi
09-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Our D smells blood in the water. These guys are toast.

2 defensive TDs is my guess. We blow them out 38-12.

ServoBillieves
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
I don't know how many times I have to repeat the phrase, but it's any given sunday.

You can say what you want, "Oh we've played injury riddled teams, we play to the level of our competition..." Well wait, since we beat two playoff teams from last year, doesn't that make us a playoff team? Does everyone forget WE were the injury riddled team last year? And anyone who thinks we played to the level of the Raiders last week didn't watch it much. Crap penalties and an INT that wasn't. Take two plays away from that game, the Higgins blown coverage and that INT that wasn't, and what's the score?

I love Bills fans, always the naysayers... Why can't we just enjoy this team and be optimistic for once in our poor Bills-loving lives?

justasportsfan
09-24-2008, 10:31 AM
I love Bills fans, always the naysayers... Why can't we just enjoy this team and be optimistic for once in our poor Bills-loving lives?
I'm optimistic to the point that I've been called a homer , but I won't be arrogant nor cocky .

parrishlynchevans
09-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Do people not forget that the Bills with all the injuries last year could of ended the season 9-7 had they not blown those two games against Denver and Dallas? Had this been the Bills of last season in these first three games, the Bills would be 1-2 right alongside the Jets and Fins. This years team knows how to win those close games which is why they're 3-0. How anyone cannot see this improvement is beyond me.

Captain gameboy
09-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Crap penalties and an INT that wasn't. Take two plays away from that game, the Higgins blown coverage and that INT that wasn't, and what's the score?

Wysonian logic alert.

njsue
09-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Bills WR's will look pro bowl caliber on sunday.

Mad Bomber
09-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Wysonian logic alert.
Actually it's Reverse Wysonian logic.

Captain gameboy
09-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Actually it's Reverse Wysonian logic.

Bordering on over hyperbolizing.

LABillsFan
09-24-2008, 03:02 PM
The Rams are going to pull out all the stops, going for it on 4th multiple times, deep balls, reverses, heck I wouldn't be suprised if they tried the Statue of Liberty play.

They have nothing to lose, they are at home, looking for their first win, Linehan is on the hot seat and the Bills are 3-0. What a boost it would be to beat an undefeated team.

I remember when Carroll was coaching the Jets, the Bills were favored and Carroll showed them absolutely no respect, doing everything he could to win the game and they did.

This is not a gimme just as the Raiders were not a gimme.