PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo's success getting respect in Dallas

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Two radio shows in a row have chosen Dallas and Buffalo to go to the Super Bowl this season.

- "Marshawn Lynch is a top three or four back in the league."

- "At this point I'd take Trent Edwards over 3/4th's of the QB's in the league."

- "There are two defenses playing out of their minds right now, Buffalo and Tennessee."

- "Dick Jauron might be the best coach in the NFL right now."

Thought I'd share with you all :up:

OpIv37
09-23-2008, 11:11 AM
wow.

That would be great but I don't think we're anywhere near SB caliber yet. We just don't have the playoff experience.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Two radio shows in a row have chosen Dallas and Buffalo to go to the Super Bowl this season.

- "At this point I'd take Trent Edwards over 3/4th's of the QB's in the league."

- "There are two defenses playing out of their minds right now, Buffalo and Tennessee."

andddd que sportsuser...

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:12 AM
wow.

That would be great but I don't think we're anywhere near SB caliber yet. We just don't have the playoff experience.
I don't think we're there either, but I must say, there aren't many teams playing better right now. Maybe Dallas, NYG, Philly, and Tennessee.

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Kind of funny, after one of the guys chose Buffalo and Dallas to go to the Super Bowl the other guy on the show said "I don't want to play Buffalo." I would give my left testicle to take on Dallas in the Super Bowl again and kick their faces in.

Forward_Lateral
09-23-2008, 11:19 AM
I love the fact that the team is getting respect, but I hate superbowl talk this early in the season. The Bills are 3-0, not 13-0.

Dr. Lecter
09-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Nice to hear that not only Bills fans are over-reacting to their success.

gr8slayer
I love the fact that the team is getting respect, but I hate superbowl talk this early in the season. The Bills are 3-0, not 13-0.
I agree, but that's just the media.

RockStar36
Eh, it's only three weeks.

Let's not get crazy here. I'll be happy with some playoffs.

billsburgh
09-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Kind of funny, after one of the guys chose Buffalo and Dallas to go to the Super Bowl the other guy on the show said "I don't want to play Buffalo." I would give my left testicle to take on Dallas in the Super Bowl again and kick their faces in.
I bet the players on the Bills would love another shot at Dallas after last years monday night game

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:42 AM
I bet the players on the Bills would love another shot at Dallas after last years monday night game
I'd love another shot at them, I was at that game last year :shakeno:

RockStar36
09-23-2008, 11:44 AM
I'd be scared as hell to have Dallas beat Buffalo AGAIN in the big game.

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Screw that, we'd beat Dallas this time around.

Mitchy moo
09-23-2008, 11:45 AM
I just want to make sure that we get to see that look of dejection on Romo's face at the end of the game & Revenge for all that Dallas is.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2008, 11:56 AM

This all seems too much too soon.

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Don't disagree, but they are always talking Super Bowl around here so while talking it they wanted to come up with an opponent.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I think Dallas should be talking Superbowl. They are the best team going now.

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:59 AM
:meh: they might be but they have some serious issues that need to get figured out if they are going to actually win it.

Dr. Lecter
09-23-2008, 12:05 PM
:meh: they might be but they have some serious issues that need to get figured out if they are going to actually win it.

I did not see the entire game against the Packers, but Romo can't get sacked and fumble with a minute left in a half when in FG range.

He plays great a lot of times, but then does the dumbest things a QB can do, looking dumber than even JP. It makes you scratch your head. It is almost like he loses concentration or something.

Historian
09-23-2008, 12:06 PM

Problem is that still have Wade Phillips....

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2008, 12:08 PM
He has a better record than Jauron

Ingtar33
09-23-2008, 01:04 PM

you're talking like an abused spouse.

God what i would give to break the superbowl jinx going toe to toe with the Dallas Cowboys or NY Giants.

if you want to be the best you have to beat the best.

Dr. Lecter
09-23-2008, 01:10 PM
Despite the talk being premature, I would be at the Super Bowl if the Bills are in it, even if I have to sell family members and friends into slavery.

madness
09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
We don't want Dallas' freakin' respect. We want to play them again in the big show so we can punch 'em in the mouth!

Won't happen this year but hopefully they can stay on top long enough so we get the chance.

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 01:45 PM
I did not see the entire game against the Packers, but Romo can't get sacked and fumble with a minute left in a half when in FG range.

He plays great a lot of times, but then does the dumbest things a QB can do, looking dumber than even JP. It makes you scratch your head. It is almost like he loses concentration or something.
Romo is far too inconsistent.

Captain gameboy
09-23-2008, 01:50 PM
When we lose our first game to a team we should beat, and we will, the national media will be claiming that we are a "schedule" 3-0, or whatever our record is at the time.

This looks like a good team, but not a Super Bowl team.

If Hardy was lighting it up opposite Lee, I'd be much happier.

I care much more about being injury free than about anything the national media has to say.

Meathead
09-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Despite the talk being premature, I would be at the Super Bowl if the Bills are in it, even if I have to sell family members and friends into slavery.
ebay took down the listing for my mom but im not giving up

Mitchy moo
09-23-2008, 02:05 PM

You should of remembered to wash her before the picture.

J/K.

Bill Brasky
09-23-2008, 02:06 PM

I'm in. It should be easy. Nobody else in the family is a ginger.

Mitchy moo
09-23-2008, 02:09 PM

My Mother-in-law might get me a parking pass in Ybor city, well maybe not.

raphael120
09-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Dallas and Buffalo...oh man would that bring back everything.

AG75
09-23-2008, 04:40 PM
If the Bills miraculously ended up in the Superbowl in February, I am not sure I would want to play the Cowboys. I could see us getting slaughtered ala Superbowl 27. They don't have playoff experience and as good as I think they are becoming, I am not sure they are quite there yet. It's flattering though. I just hate the thought of losing a 5th Superbowl. This talk is so premature anyway, but if they did go I think they would match up better with the Giants or Eagles.

Philagape
09-23-2008, 04:42 PM
As soon as I got in at work, a Giants fan there says to me, "Hey maybe it'll be the Giants and Bills in the Sup--" before I cut him off

SABuffalo786
09-23-2008, 05:20 PM
As soon as I got in at work, a Giants fan there says to me, "Hey maybe it'll be the Giants and Bills in the Sup--" before I cut him off

Bills v. Giants in a Superbowl in Tampa.

Good Lord, I'd die of nervousness during media week.

BillsOverDolphins
09-23-2008, 06:06 PM
Bills v. Giants in a Superbowl in Tampa.

Good Lord, I'd die of nervousness during media week.

Christ, that would be a brutal two weeks leading up to the game

SABuffalo786
09-23-2008, 06:13 PM
It would complete a nice circle if we won, though. :D:

thenry20
09-23-2008, 06:37 PM
wow.

We don't have a SB O-line or a true #2 WR to take the heat off Evans. Back in the day when Thurman was leading the NFL in combined yards from scrimmage, he had an All-Pro line. People around here seem to forget that and think all we need is a QB to win games.

Bufftp
09-23-2008, 06:50 PM
try craigslist......

I don't care whether the media loves or hates us. I care if the Bills do there best to win each game.

roby
09-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Just wondering, what dallas radio show said this? I live in the area and listen to the two main sports radio stations and they're like most non-bills fans. Indifferent and not sure yet if they're for real. As much as I'd like to say we're being noticed here in Texas, I just really haven't heard it

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Heard it on Fox Sports Radio on the way to class this morning :up:

Do you listen to the Ticket or ESPN?

roby
09-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, The Ticket is the only one I can really listen to. Espn has really boring personalitis and FOX. Well, all I can say about that is that everyday they mix in a bit where people call up offering to sell chickens, trailer hitches, or whatever garbage is laying in their yard. I can't get down with that.

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah, The Ticket is the only one I can really listen to. Espn has really boring personalitis and FOX. Well, all I can say about that is that everyday they mix in a bit where people call up offering to sell chickens, trailer hitches, or whatever garbage is laying in their yard. I can't get down with that.
:rofl: Fox Sports does get a bit carried away from time to time with the comedy stuff but when they get serious about talking sports they are awesome. BTW, you should post more often!

BAM
09-23-2008, 08:15 PM
**** what Dallas thinks! All that matters is we're 3-0. :beers:

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 08:16 PM
**** what Dallas thinks! All that matters is we're 3-0. :beers:
:posrep: amen brother.

BAM
09-23-2008, 08:18 PM

When we're 5-0 heading into the bye will that be too soon? :beers:

Mad Bomber
09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I was down in the Dallas area last month. Those people LOVE football. The Cowboys, college ball, and even high school ball. Wow....the Southlake team (who my good friend has a son on the team) has a 20,000 seat stadium. If they are starting to talk about the Bills, it IS relevant.

Crisis
09-23-2008, 10:06 PM
seriously...coming from NY the difference in high school football in NY and TX is HUGE...and i live in el paso, where the high school football can't even hold a jockstrap to the rest of the state. it's crazy.

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 10:14 PM
seriously...coming from NY the difference in high school football in NY and TX is HUGE...and i live in el paso, where the high school football can't even hold a jockstrap to the rest of the state. it's crazy.
What took you all the way from NY to El Paso of all places?

Crisis
09-23-2008, 10:19 PM
What took you all the way from NY to El Paso of all places?
my parents moved down here while i was still in high school

DrastiK
09-23-2008, 10:30 PM
That just made me pretty happy!

gr8slayer
09-23-2008, 11:11 PM
my parents moved down here while i was still in high school
Ah ok, do you go to UTEP?

jamze132
09-24-2008, 04:01 AM
I'd love another shot at them, I was at that game last year :shakeno:
I was in Iraq and I strained my kneck trying to remain in silence as the game unfolded. I so bad wanted to scream and beat the **** out of or shoot something. My kneck hasn't been the same since.

jamze132
09-24-2008, 04:05 AM
The "reserve" was too high...