Is everyone blind!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZEUS
    My bedroom is covered in posters of naked men.
    • Jul 2005

Is everyone blind!

I can't believe no one is talking about this, that I can see. Did no one else see Jason Peters get beat all day. Maybe everyone is to busy with the superbowl threads after week #3. It was Peters' man that got to Edwards and caused the fumble. He got benched for a little while. I was at the Jacksonville game and watched him get beat there too. Although, it was really freaking hot. Thanks for holding out all preseason, jerkoff. The dude needs to enjoy his $3.25 million for the season and remember who gave him a shot in the NFL.
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Re: Is everyone blind!

You're about a day or two late, there were several threads about it already.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
      • Jul 2002

I've watched the game more than once.
      Peters is not up to his old self, but a couple of plays made him look worse than he deserved.

On more than one play Edwards ran into spots that allowed a beaten Peters opponent to make a play.

If Edwards steps up, we're hearing none of this.

He isn't at the level he was last year, because he is using his quickness and strength to get an initial shove on a guy, instead of sticking with his block and locking the guy up.

But....He is the least of our worries.

Comment

• mchurchfie
        • Jul 2002

Yeah, the Jason Peters sucks threads are on Mondays, it is Superbowl Tuesday. Tomorrow is "Trent Edwards is headed for the Hall of Fame" Wednesday. I can't wait.
        My Band
        daveviterna.com

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

can we drop the Jags game and start talking about the Rams game?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Tomorrow is whacky wednesday when all the SB threads turn doom and gloom. Following that is Tune-it up Thursday, followed by freaky friday.........

Comment

• HotRod
              Addicted to squares...
              • Oct 2002

You missed all the threads/comments. Did you do a search?

Comment

• mchurchfie
                • Jul 2002

As bad as Peters looked on those plays he absolutely owned the defensive man on other plays, most notably after he was benched. That is why you have to just suck it up and let him get back up to speed.
                My Band
                daveviterna.com

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mchurchfie
                  As bad as Peters looked on those plays he absolutely owned the defensive man on other plays, most notably after he was benched. That is why you have to just suck it up and let him get back up to speed.
                  There's no mistaking it, Peters is still our best OL and our best player.

Comment

• gil
                    • Mar 2005

So, 2 or 3 guys start SB threads, everyone tells them to calm down but still "the entire board" is talking SB?

And yes, Peters has gotten beaten up here both weeks.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Getting back to Peters, I think many of us realized that he would not be in peak physical shape, not in game shape at all, and very rusty after almost a nine month layoff. I don't think he'll be back to his old self until after the bye week, if that soon.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        Getting back to Peters, I think many of us realized that he would not be in peak physical shape, not in game shape at all, and very rusty after almost a nine month layoff. I don't think he'll be back to his old self until after the bye week, if that soon.
                        We also don't know that he's 100% healthy, perhaps he's adjusting to the pains of having a surgically repaired knee. After I broke my knee it took me a while to get used to the pain while playing. If he's not back to his old self after the bye-week I'll start to worry.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                          There's no mistaking it, Peters is still our best OL and our best player.
                          He lost the best player title when the season started. Until he gets back in form to prove it, Stroud is easily the best player on the team right now.

In other player stock news, Edwards continues to drive up the charts as Moorman's stock continues to plummet from the top(that's a good thing ppls).

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by madness
                            He lost the best player title when the season started. Until he gets back in form to prove it, Stroud is easily the best player on the team right now.

In other player stock news, Edwards continues to drive up the charts as Moorman's stock continues to plummet from the top(that's a good thing ppls).
                            He is NOT our best player. And it's not even that close.
                            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

It seems to me, everyone feels like Peters let the team down, and his lack of practice hurts his on field performance. Presumabley with each passwing week, he'll gradually catch up, and by game 6, the week after the bye he should be pretty close to 100%. If he's still giving up sacks at the end of the season, then there will be talk about dumping him in the offseason. I'm not going to fret about it for a while.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X