X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain gameboy
    • Jul 2002

Control Yourselves

With all of the inside NFL media nonsense regarding the Bills this week, I am starting to worry about a setup.

I have been a fan of this team for over 40 years, and we are not as good as some think.

Be patient and know that we we are coached by a good staff, but we are nowhere near being at the point of imposing our will against any legitimate contender.

When we are that good, we will know.

We will be able to run on third and four and make the first down.

We will not be late in the fourth and have the game on the line against a team that we should beat.

Enjoy this, but know that we are getting to the point of being that good, but are not there yet.
  • DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: Control Yourselves

Great post. I'm with you on this.

The Bills are beneficiaries of one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen. They are good, but not great.

Comment

• syracuse76
      Knowing is half the battle......
      • Aug 2008

i do have to say that the schedule is candy ass. but not only do we have an easy schedule, the teams that were suppose to be good .....just are'nt. i think we will be ok this year. weather you been a fan of the team for 40 years, or 30 doesnt make you that much better. enjoy the wave we are riding gentlemen. cause its fun
      2009 AFC East Division Champs 12-4
      POZ will lead us to the promise land
      "That which does not kill me,
      will only make me stronger"
      Nietzsche

Comment

• Mad Bomber
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gameboy
        With all of the inside NFL media nonsense regarding the Bills this week, I am starting to worry about a setup.

I have been a fan of this team for over 40 years, and we are not as good as some think.

Be patient and know that we we are coached by a good staff, but we are nowhere near being at the point of imposing our will against any legitimate contender.

When we are that good, we will know.

We will be able to run on third and four and make the first down.

We will not be late in the fourth and have the game on the line against a team that we should beat.

Enjoy this, but know that we are getting to the point of being that good, but are not there yet.

From another 40+ year fan, I agree with your view that we need to temper our enthusiasm with realism.

We DO have a good team, but the Bills showed this week that they can play to the level of their competition. That has been the Bills' modus operandi for their entire existence.

Comment

• BAM
          • Sep 2003

We're 3-0. Can't say I'm not ecstatic right now. It's been a while.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

As far as quality of opposition, we haven't really been tested yet. Seattle and Jacksonville were crippled by injuries. We barely beat an inferior team.
            The San Diego game will show us where we stand.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

I get where you're coming from but give the fan base a break. We've been through a decade of hell and have been widely regarded as being a "joke of a team" forever. It feels damn good to finally be on top of the world, even if it's only for a few weeks.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

I may be young, and I may have been young for the glory years, but the future isn't written in stone. I have faith in this team, and so far they have proven to be something special. The media doesn't mean crap to me, what does matter is the faith people put in to this young team. I'm beginning to believe our special teams is imposing it's will, and our offense may not impose, but they're getting the job done.

I dunno, I'm excited, this team just feels different.
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Yeah, we beat 2 playoff teams and 1 fighting for their coaches job, Easy my arce.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                    • Aug 2002

From someone on the other side of 40 years of age and a fan for the last 30, I've seen too much to get too up or too down. There are 31 other teams getting paid to win anything CAN happen on any given Sunday. Relax with the playoff talk, SB talk let the games be played and enjoy.
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• baalworship
                      • May 2003

The excitement for most fans is not a false illusion that we now a Superbowl contender but we ARE a legitimate playoff contender and the best part is this a young team with a 2nd year QB that is starting to play really well.

I agree that the San Diego game will give me a better idea where we stand in the AFC as they have more talent than any other team in the conference, IMO.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                        Yeah, we beat 2 playoff teams and 1 fighting for their coaches job, Easy my arce.
                        Playoff teams from LAST year. Last year isn't this year, plus both had significant injuries.

There is no such thing as an easy schedule in the NFL, but ours has been about as easy as it gets. And it gets easier before it gets harder.

gameboy and I don't agree on much, but he has a point here. It's great to watch the wins and it's great to hear the media acknowledge that Buffalo exists, but we're still not at the same level as teams like Dallas, Pittsburgh, Philly, Giants, etc.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ALL D
                          • Aug 2008

good thread...

we have a little more to prove before being given such praise...

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                            As far as quality of opposition, we haven't really been tested yet. Seattle and Jacksonville were crippled by injuries. We barely beat an inferior team.
                            The San Diego game will show us where we stand.
                            That's what I'm thinking.

People are really underestimating the potential of SD because of their early record, They are a dangerous team, and we are going into their house.
                            Last edited by Mad Bomber; 09-24-2008, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
                              Great post. I'm with you on this.

The Bills are beneficiaries of one of the easiest schedules I have ever seen. They are good, but not great.
                              Not only easy schedules, but good timing to play these teams.

Seattle had no WRs.

Jacksonville had no Olinemen and had 2 players on suspension.

Oaklands coach had one foot out the door.

Now we're getting to play one of the worst teams in the league when they just changed QBs.

We need to win this game in a blow out or with no trouble whatsoever or I'll have a hard time believing this team is for real. If we struggle, that is a huge red flag.

Comment

Working...
                              X