PDA

View Full Version : TONS of Bills talk.....and slammin' the Pats

Coach Sal
09-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I do a weekly segment on a radio network talking about the AFC East. Tonight was the show.

Thought you'd like to hear it because not only did we talk a ton about the Bills, of course, but I also went off on the Pats and how I believe this is the start of a big fall for them overall as an organization. Listen to my reasons and all the Bills stuff and comment on whatever you agree/disagree with.

Also, sorry about the audio. It's the only way I can record the segment.

And the first few minutes is about Syracuse football and Lane Kiffin. Even if you don't care about SU, you may enjoy that conversation overall. I hammer the SU Athletics Director.

Here it is:
http://www.salsports.com/SalandLeo92308.mp3

hammerbillsfan
09-23-2008, 09:26 PM
:bow: Coach Sal!

njsue
09-24-2008, 03:00 AM
:bf1: Bills

:lolpoint: Pats

PECKERWOOD
09-24-2008, 04:36 AM
Good stuff Sal, but don't count out New England just yet, they're still in it to win it.

shelby
09-24-2008, 04:42 AM
Thanks Coach!

Jan Reimers
09-24-2008, 05:19 AM
We were in Syracuse on Saturday for the Northeastern game (my wife and I often go up to the 'Cuse when they play back-to-back with a Bills home game). I'm so disappointed with the Gross/Robinson regime that we just ate our tickets and went to a downtown Octoberfest instead.

parrishlynchevans
09-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Thought you'd like to hear it because not only did we talk a ton about the Bills, of course, but I also went off on the Pats and how I believe this is the start of a big fall for them overall as an organization. Listen to my reasons and all the Bills stuff and comment on whatever you agree/disagree with.

It's nice that New England finally lost a regular season game, but to extrapolate from that its the fall of their organization is ludicrous. Their front office is the best front office in the NFL. Until they pack up their bags and leave I'm never counting New England out of anything.

HughC
09-24-2008, 09:25 AM
It's so great to be in first place, up a game on the Pats. However, you know the cliche about chickens and eggs. They'll have Brady back next year, I'd say that one bad game is a bit premature to write them off as turning into the next Rams. As I recall the Giants defense was the worst in the league at this point last year, so it may be too early to look past the Pats; we've only played three games.

TigerJ
09-24-2008, 11:03 AM
We were in Syracuse on Saturday for the Northeastern game (my wife and I often go up to the 'Cuse when they play back-to-back with a Bills home game). I'm so disappointed with the Gross/Robinson regime that we just ate our tickets and went to a downtown Octoberfest instead.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Syracuse and Buffalo flip flop, and UB becomes the stronger of the New York State Schools, and not too far down the road. Syracuse needs to do some serious house cleaning and bring in some competent people to fix their program.

Coach Sal
09-24-2008, 01:56 PM
It's nice that New England finally lost a regular season game, but to extrapolate from that its the fall of their organization is ludicrous. Their front office is the best front office in the NFL. Until they pack up their bags and leave I'm never counting New England out of anything.

It's not just about one loss.

They have 16 players aged 30 or over. Their window of opportunity isn't open forever, with or without Brady. Those guys have to be replaced and they can't do it all at one time.

So, I really don't think I'm making a huge leap.

trapezeus
09-24-2008, 03:51 PM
an ACL and MCL as i understand it, takes 1 year for the actual healing. and an average joe like us could workout after a year. For a top end athlete to regain his high competitive advantage, it takes two years. This is my understanding.

I am not a doctor, but i read that the ACL, when it tears, can not be stitched together. but essentially another tendon lower in your leg needs to be brought up to take the spot of the ACL. This takes a lot of stretching and getting use to.

If i have it wrong, let me know, but that is what i remember about reading on the severity of ACL tears.

so all that being said, i think the brady loss is a two year adjustment for them. I think their OL is not even close to being dominant. they have been relying on good players taking paycuts to come over in their prime and tail end of their careers. if this season doesn't put them in the playoffs, those discount deals are gone. they'll need to get people in the draft. they have the picks stockpiled, but they've missed a bunch in the last year or two. Cassel, Maroney (argueably is being out done by the backup), and no in house drafted WR. We'll see how they do, but i think unless there is some magic potion, they are SOL for this year and next.

Jan Reimers
09-24-2008, 04:07 PM

They have 16 players aged 30 or over. Their window of opportunity isn't open forever, with or without Brady. Those guys have to be replaced and they can't do it all at one time.

I think we all knew that the Pats' offense would suffer without Brady. What is so encouraging is their D getting torched by the Dolphins, and I think that's largely due to some of their key defensive guys getting a little long in the tooth.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2008, 07:29 AM
I am not as positive as you are that the Pats are done. I hope they are, but it is the Pats.

Coach Sal
09-25-2008, 08:25 AM
I am not as positive as you are that the Pats are done. I hope they are, but it is the Pats.

I'm not saying they are going 2-14.

They may very well still contend for a wild card this year. But it will be a struggle this year, and I think it's only going to get worse now for them before it gets better.

Especialy now with the emergence of a good young Bills team, and Miami possibly being ready to start at least competing again, and the Jets being, well, the Jets, I look at New England from here on out as just another AFC team in the pack.....at best.

SpillerThrills
09-25-2008, 10:38 AM
I am not a doctor, but i read that the ACL, when it tears, can not be stitched together. but essentially another tendon lower in your leg needs to be brought up to take the spot of the ACL. This takes a lot of stretching and getting use to.

If i have it wrong, let me know, but that is what i remember about reading on the severity of ACL tears.

well I can tell you from experience, I just had my ACL replaced Sept. 8th.... they take a piece of your petella tendon (holds the knee cap in place). the Dr who did my surgery used to be the surgeon for the Baltimore Orioles (Dr. Volk) and he has me out of work till around the beginning of the year. that's just work, not even athletics, just work. I'm hoping that by April I'll be able to start getting ready to play in my softball league for the summer.

tearing both the ACL and MCL is definately more rehab to go through... so who knows when Brady will actually be ready to go.

parrishlynchevans
09-27-2008, 09:13 PM

The Patriots draft extremely well, and they're a hot spot in free agency. They can easily replace half of those guys in one offseason.

PECKERWOOD
09-27-2008, 11:01 PM

Kind of like the villain at the end of each hollywood movie.

gr8slayer
09-27-2008, 11:25 PM
- I agree 100% that Green starting won't change anything for us on defense. I've read a few articles saying that we're going to have to change things up because of the change, I don't see it.

- Not sure I see Youboty as being the "unsung hero". He's done a decent job to this point but he honestly hasn't done anything special. As long as he continues to improve and doesn't suffer any set backs I'm happy with him.

- I still think that the Pats will get it going as the season progresses.