• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PromoTheRobot
    • Sep 2003

To all those who said Peters would be ready to play

Bench Peters?

During our long protracted debate over Peters hold out, a few of us (me included) said that Peters would suffer for missing OTA's and training camp. Others (who coincidentally were arguing on Peters behalf, predicting Armageddon for Edwards if anyone but Peters played LT) said that Peters was so crazy good that he didn't need camp. Being "the best player on the team" meant that he can just walk ont the field and be better than what the Bills had.

Now two games in and we are seeing that Peters is more of a liability to the Bills than an asset. Twice in two weeks, "our best player" has been beaten badly enough that the rusher caused Trent Edwards to fumble. Wasn't this the kind of stuff that wasn't supposed to happen with Peters at LT? Fortunately the Bills are 3-0 so we all just laugh it off, but I wonder if we were 1-2, and both games turned on those Peters-induced turnovers, how would we be feeling about "the best player on the team?"

PTR
    10 Commandments of the D
    1. Never stop Rocking.
    2. Legalize all drugs.
    3. Quit your day job.
    4. All Religion should be taxed.
    5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
    6. F**k her gently.
    7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
    8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
    9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
    10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: To all those who said Peters would be ready to play

He will be fine.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      He will be fine.
      How many games are you willing to chance before he gets there?

PTR
      10 Commandments of the D
      1. Never stop Rocking.
      2. Legalize all drugs.
      3. Quit your day job.
      6. F**k her gently.

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

No offense, but to suggest benching Peters now is absurd. He's only going to get better as the season progresses. He should be about close to playing shape now. Walker did a nice job replacing Peters. However, he is much better at his natrual RT position. Peters is not going to be a problem.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Peters says one more game and he'll be 100%.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HughC
            • Mar 2008

I agree he should have been left out earlier until he was in game shape, but I don't see the benefit of benching him now. He wasn't really ready to go his first game but replacing him now would be counter-productive.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
              • Sep 2003

TMQ

Coaching note: After staging his inexplicable pointless summer holdout (he has three years remaining on his contract), Budgies Pro Bowl tackle Jason Peters has lacked focus in his early play. On Sunday, he struggled early against Oakland speed rusher Derrick Burgess. Buffalo coaches took Peters out, but rather than yell at him, had him stand with them and watch as undrafted Kirk Chambers played left tackle and shut Burgess down. That was all the motivation Peters needed to return and perform well in the second half.

Maybe our eyes are untrained but Jauron's are.

PTR
              10 Commandments of the D
              1. Never stop Rocking.
              2. Legalize all drugs.
              3. Quit your day job.
              6. F**k her gently.

Comment

• LaBestia23
                • Sep 2008

I would not say bench him now but I would suggest that they give him reduced playing time in favor of Walker and Chambers. Atleast until he regains his pro bowl form. I think his bad play has cost him a chance to be selected to the pro bowl this year. What has he allowed so far ? 4 sacks ?
                I am not as concerned for Peters as I am for Butler and Fowler.
                Can Chambers play RG ? Just a thought

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I maintained all along that he wouldn't be game ready, and he's not. He's getting his preseason work in live action, and he's improving. I think he'll be much better after the bye week.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

the guy has played piss poor. he flashes blocks that remind you how he became the best lineman we have and where all the hype came from, but his lazy fat ass is out of shape, and rusty as hell..

the article is not far off. i dont know that i would bench him, but the coaching staff has already pulled peters off the field a few times and put in chambers.

if you say that the article way off base you just are not watching the games.. i am sure Gr8 will be in to defend his fiance, but the fact that peters is getting smoked by Kalimba Edwards is just outright embarrassing.. against the jags, wasnt he smoked by a rookie DE?.. and the pressure is consistently coming from his side.

i would love to have the old peters back who wanted to prove how good he could be.. but the slug we have at LT right now is a shell of the peters we had last year, before his 8 month trip to the mighty taco.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

yeah, a lot of attention is being put on peters right now, which i think is funny.. because he put the spot light firmly on himself with his greedy and selfish holdout... you would think that if you are going to ask for more money, you would come prepared, but to get pulled for kirk chambers? really? and now a lot of main stream media is catching on to how poorly he has played and speaking up about it.. i think he has almost definately cost himself a trip to the probowl.

wasnt he just an alternate last year that got put in because someone got hurt? i cant remember.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

NO he got elected in but didnt play because he was injured.

He'll be fine.. Two games does not define a player, especially one who hadn't seen a snap since the end of last season.

He's far and away the best OL we have, and one of the top 3-4 in the NFL, he'll be just fine.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          NO he got elected in but didnt play because he was injured.

He'll be fine.. Two games does not define a player, especially one who hadn't seen a snap since the end of last season.

He's far and away the best OL we have, and one of the top 3-4 in the NFL, he'll be just fine.
                          Yeah, it's Week 3. There is a lot of football left to play.

This and Brett Favre's performance in NYJ does prove that there is a lot more to football than just talent though. You've got to be in game shape (mentally & physically), totally in step with your teammates, and know the system.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I maintained all along that he wouldn't be game ready, and he's not. He's getting his preseason work in live action, and he's improving. I think he'll be much better after the bye week.
                            Same here and I took ALOT of **** here, it was so lopsided, nobody defended my opinion. I was the one who said Peters should be made an example out of. We had fantastic chemistry with Langston at LT and Chambers at RT, I still like that lineup the best, I'm not a big fan of Peters anymore as I think not only has his pass protection been horrible but he hasn't done dick with the ground game.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                              • Feb 2005

Peters will be fine. He didn't play in game 1 and didn't play well except in the 2nd half last week in the last 2 games. He'll be fine.
                              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

Working...
                              X