PDA

View Full Version : Be The GM:

The King
09-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Congratulations... You just got hired to replace Matt Millen. Its the start of the 09 Offseason. What is your first move?

Hire a head coach to replace Rod?

Find a new QB?

Acquire a RB?

Rebuild the Lines?

RockStar36
09-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Completely clean house. Coaching staff goes first.

Dujek
09-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Draft a Wide Receiver with my first pick.

Just to see the look on the fans' faces.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2008, 07:49 AM
Trade Calvin Johnson to Buffalo for McCargo.

SABURZFAN
09-25-2008, 07:50 AM
Congratulations... You just got hired to replace Matt Millen. Its the start of the 09 Offseason. What is your first move?

Hire a head coach to replace Rod?

Find a new QB?

Acquire a RB?

Rebuild the Lines?

evaluate everybody's contracts.

Night Train
09-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Hire a really hot Admin Asst. :hump:

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 09:41 AM
I'd clean house, if your contract is up this year you're gone. I'd let Kitna walk, find a veteran via FA and draft the QB of the future.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Call Marty Schoettenheimer.

don137
09-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Totally clean house. They need to go through major transformation just like the Dolphins are going through now. Go get Bill Cowher at all costs.

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Totally clean house. They need to go through major transformation just like the Dolphins are going through now. Go get Bill Cowher at all costs.
It's funny that you mention Cowher, rumor has it that he'll be the Browns coach next season.

Mr. Pink
09-25-2008, 10:05 AM
It's funny that you mention Cowher, rumor has it that he'll be the Browns coach next season.

Reality is, he shoulda been Schoettenheimer's successor back in 89.

But I'll take him if they fire Crennel next year! :up:

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Reality is, he shoulda been Schoettenheimer's successor back in 89.

But I'll take him if they fire Crennel next year! :up:
That's what the word is anyway.

RockStar36
09-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Cowher to Cleveland would be hilarious IMO. If I were Detroit I'd be calling someone like Cowher though because you need to completely re-build that team and he is the coach to do that.

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Cowher to Cleveland would be hilarious IMO. If I were Detroit I'd be calling someone like Cowher though because you need to completely re-build that team and he is the coach to do that.
You'd be crazy to take on a joke of an organization like Detroit. Wonder if they regret letting Jauron go?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
09-25-2008, 10:20 AM
I think whomever takes over should really consider starting from scratch.

#1--evaluate players you have under long term contract--identify strengths and weaknesses.

#2--get a coaching staff together based on whomever has the best plan for my players.

#3 change the uniforms to signal that there is a new sheriff in town.

#4 draft the best OL and DL players available in every round of the next two drafts.

Stewie
09-25-2008, 10:30 AM
Draft a Wide Receiver with my first pick.

Just to see the look on the fans' faces.

Damn, beat me to it

RedEyE
09-25-2008, 10:34 AM
1) New coaches: Probably Schottenheimer tops the list for HC, along with Dick LeBeau or Bobby April

Dujek
09-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Damn, beat me to it

:hi5:

trapezeus
09-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Awesome thread idea.

Humorous but not really take on things.
i sit down with the fords and be honest with them. Michigan has been in a recession through most of 2000 and as a result even winning isn't going to save the dwindling fan base. There is no stop gap to make this team mildly competitive as "we" build for the future through good drafts and dumping poor players. By the time the bailout fails, the us auto industry goes under, and the NFL wants an LA team, it's best "we" pack the boxes, bring it to a bare bone operation, ride the losing a little more, get some fun give aways and shop the team for a 2010 LA team. Use the profits to help the auto industry and then pretend like this team never happened.

Serious take:
1. Take a serious look at the scouts and see if there are guys who know how to spot talent and were silenced by MM or if they all are as weak as Millen.
2. Make mid level offers for journeymen QB's and look to draft a decent QB in 2-4 rounds.
3. Stock up on good Runningbacks in first round of draft.
4. Trade any receiver to get more picks. No need for so many WR's with so little QB talent.