PDA

View Full Version : The Rams Are B-A-D.....

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Went back and watched their past three games to get a better idea of why they are the way they are. Yikes:

- They are THE WORST team against the play-action, their LB's step up immediately and don't adjust once they see it.

- Alex Barron might be the worst RT I've ever seen play football. The Seahawks started running stunts with their DT and DE and Barron would turn his shoulders inside. Turning your shoulders is the biggest cardinal sin possible for an OL, they should always be square to the line of scrimmage. He also chases the DL once he gets beat, this is horrible, horrible technique.

- There is no DL on that team that require a double team. Carriker is literally being blocked by an RB on some plays.

- They DO NOT wrap up the ball carrier. I can't begin to tell you how bad they are at tackling.

- Keep an eye on #70 (Alex Barron); I counted eight times where he got out of his stance .3 or more seconds after everyone else.

- Their DB's try to play bump coverage but end up bumping themselves out of the play by being too aggressive, this is beautiful if you're Lee Evans.

- The DO NOT blitz, and when they do (maybe 5% of the time) they hardly get any pressure.

- Jackson has no cut back lanes.

- Their OL does not get to the second level at all, they look uninterested in it.

- It got so bad vs. the Seahawks that the Hawks were rushing three and still getting some pressure.

- It's hilarious, they attempt the screen, Jackson catches the ball but has no where to go because the OL just quits blocking their man two seconds after the ball is caught.

- The few times Jackson did get out into the open field he looked so slow.

None of this is anything groundbreaking, I know, but I thought I'd give you a handful of things to keep an eye on. I expect Kelsay and Lynch to both have big games this week after re-watching the film.

cocamide
09-25-2008, 12:52 PM
I can't wait for Sunday

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Sounds like Stroud and Williams might have fun too.

justasportsfan
09-25-2008, 01:06 PM
The Rams Are B-A-D..... so were the fins prior to last sunday.

Pinkerton Security
09-25-2008, 01:08 PM
good to hear that they cant wrap up, because marshawn will break arm tackles EVERY time.

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 01:08 PM
The Rams Are B-A-D..... so were the fins prior to last sunday.
They still are bad.

justasportsfan
09-25-2008, 01:10 PM
They still are bad.
yup, but even bad teams can win on any given sunday.

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 01:13 PM
yup, but even bad teams can win on any given sunday.
The Rams aren't one of those teams.

The King
09-25-2008, 01:13 PM
We have to play to win. The Rams have a lot to prove this week. And there's no doubt in my mind that they will play the best they have all year. We just have to do our job.

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2008, 01:19 PM

You have been a Bills fan how long? It is possible.

I will always remember the Bills, at 0-11, beating the then playoff bound Cowboys in 1984 (they ended up out of the playoffs). And at that time, the Bills were every bit as bad as the Rams are now.

Greg Bell took the first hand-off of the game and ran 80 yards for the TD.

It can happen. Not likely, but not impossible.

Ed
09-25-2008, 01:23 PM

I will always remember the Bills, at 0-11, beating the then playoff bound Cowboys in 1984 (they ended up out of the playoffs). And at that time, the Bills were every bit as bad as the Rams are now.

Obviously anything is possible, but I think the point of this thread is that the Rams look really bad. It's not as if they're just getting some bad breaks, they're just an awful team right now. The Bills aren't going take this game lightly at all, but there's no excuse for this game to be close if the Bills just do what they're capable of. They're clearly the better team, so losing would just be that much more dissapointing.

Mitchy moo
09-25-2008, 01:26 PM
We have to play to win. The Rams have a lot to prove this week. And there's no doubt in my mind that they will play the best they have all year. We just have to do our job.

That might put them better than a 4 TD loss, not much better though.

Lexwhat
09-25-2008, 02:08 PM
They still are bad.

Hey, since you watched the tapes, how did Chris Long look?

Mr. Pink
09-25-2008, 02:16 PM

That's what I was saying yesterday...this year's Rams squad is worse than last year's Dolphins.

They're the most complete "crap" team that i have ever seen play. And are the NFLs best chance to showcase a perfect team in reverse that I have ever seen.

They are that bad.

Mitchy moo
09-25-2008, 02:23 PM
That's what I was saying yesterday...this year's Rams squad is worse than last year's Dolphins.

They're the most complete "crap" team that i have ever seen play. And are the NFLs best chance to showcase a perfect team in reverse that I have ever seen.

They are that bad.

The Fins lost some close games last season, the Rams haven't been that lucky yet.

Mr. Miyagi
09-25-2008, 02:36 PM

I remember around 1995 the 0-10 Colts beat the Packers. That was my first year in Wisconsin. I happened to have a Colts hat, which I wore around town that night LOL.

MikeInRoch
09-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Are the Rams worse this year than the Dolphins were last? And even THAT scrub team manage to upset SOMEONE.

dasaybz
09-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Are the Rams worse this year than the Dolphins were last? And even THAT scrub team manage to upset SOMEONE.

Almost beat the Bills.

LABillsFan
09-25-2008, 10:24 PM

I always think about that game when someone says a team is a gimme or there is no reason why the Bills should lose. I've been around too long especially seeing the Bills go 0 fer the 70's against the Dolphins. Or 4 straight Superbowls without a win. Not in a way that I doubt the team but the way that nothing is for certain.

Dujek
09-26-2008, 05:36 AM
Is it wrong that the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title was that it should read:

"The Rams are Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa-d"?

njsue
09-26-2008, 06:09 AM
Scott Linehan has lost the players.

TRent Green will be running for his life on Sunday.

Plus, I just hope he does not suffer another Concusion.

njsue
09-26-2008, 06:20 AM
It won't matter who the players are because the coaching is HORRIBLE.

Different players same coaching!

BILLS 34

LAMBS 12