PDA

View Full Version : How I see this weeks game going.....

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Week Four: @ St. Louis
Player to watch for: Steven Jackson
- Steven Jackson vs. Paul Posluszny is going to be interesting because it's a match-up that is somewhat lopsided. The Rams have made it no secret that they plan to run the ball this year; we've made it fairly obvious that we plan on stopping the run this year with the addition of Marcus Stroud. I envision Stroud eating up at least two blockers in this game as the Rams are very weak in their interior line. That leaves a one on one match-up when the Rams run the ISO between Posluszny and Jackson. In my honest opinion this is a match-up easily won by Jackson; Posluszny is more finesse than he is power, Jackson is far more power and isn't afraid to drop his shoulder into a defender. Unless Posluszny can break down and stay low on Jackson I expect Jackson to break a lot of tackles in this match-up.

Because of the match-up listed above I'd expect to see us use Donte Whitner much in the same way the Cowboys use Roy Williams in this game. We really have nothing to fear against the pass with the Rams (though Holt still has a little gas left in the tank) so we can afford to put an extra man in the box. This is a game where I can see Edwards having his first "break out" game; I'm expecting something in the neighborhood of 3 or 4 TD's and 350 or so yards through the air. As it stands right now Ron Bartell and Tye Hill are the starting CB's for the Rams, neither of them posses any threat and neither does particularly well against large WR's (which we finally have this season.)
Final score: Bills 38/ Rams 13

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Keep in mind this was done before the season started. Brown is no longer on the team, even better for Edwards.

Crisis
was it miami last year that marshawn + freddie both went over 100?

could definitely see that happening again.

hydro
Rams having 13 points for the 4th straight week would be funny.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I think Poz is big and strong enough to handle Jackson one-on-one, if it comes to that.

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2008, 04:41 PM
:rofl:@ calling Poz a "finesse" LB.

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 04:46 PM
:rofl:@ calling Poz a "finesse" LB.
:meh: he's definitely not a power LB and IN MY OPINION he's far more finesse; as did many other scouts when he came out of college. He's looking far better than I expected him to thus far this season but he has a long way to go if he's ever going to be a top tier LB.

THATHURMANATOR
09-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Poz is solid but not great I agree.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2008, 05:06 PM
I think we sometimes forget that Poz has played a grand total of 5 full games in his career.

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 05:09 PM
I think we sometimes forget that Poz has played a grand total of 5 full games in his career.
That had nothing to do with him being power or finesse.

hydro
09-25-2008, 05:10 PM
Why are people defensive about Poz being characterized Finese or Power? Who cares? He has shown he can make plays either way. I just don't see him putting a licking on a player that often if ever.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2008, 05:11 PM
That had nothing to do with him being power or finesse.
I was referring to Thurm's post, immediately above mine.

Lexwhat
09-25-2008, 06:54 PM

You're a liar. Your post is totally inaccurate. Check the facts before you make posts ...

... He's played 6 games :up:

hydro
09-25-2008, 06:58 PM
You're a liar. Your post is totally inaccurate. Check the facts before you make posts ...

... He's played 6 games :up:

No you are wrong. He played 5.5 games :D

Ebenezer
09-25-2008, 07:31 PM
I hope gr8 is right but I don't like this game at all...

shelby
09-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Poz impressed me last week....except for the stupid facemask penalty....

Ebenezer
09-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Poz impressed me last week....except for the stupid facemask penalty....
yeah, but who would have thought he would have gotten it to turn a complete 180??

Dr. Lecter
09-25-2008, 07:57 PM

You don't like any game......

PECKERWOOD
09-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Why are people defensive about Poz being characterized Finese or Power? Who cares? He has shown he can make plays either way. I just don't see him putting a licking on a player that often if ever.

It's something that he picked up from Madden. :D

OpIv37
09-25-2008, 08:50 PM

The Rams just don't have the talent to beat us. As long as the players take it seriously and work just as hard prepping for this game as they do for better teams, it shouldn't be a problem. Now, next week in AZ scares the hell out of me. Arizona's not a bad team and it's got "trap" written all over it: West Coast (well, close enough) away game against a non-conference opponent the week before the bye.

syracuse76
09-25-2008, 09:05 PM
poz is an animal. anyone see this guy play at penn st? with that being said anyone see that hit that he put on the running back i think it was from MINN? in mid air POZ caught this guy and slammed him back about 4 yards. freaking uncanny if you ask me. i think he is balanced. both finesse and power. he has showed us both sides. he is a big strong back that can take down big backs and has the finesse to cover the field. the guy is going to be good. we all knew this was going to be somewhat of a rookie season for him. lets hold off on judgements about his style for a few more games.
by the by poz vs. jackson......id bet the bank on poz everytime.

here is that hit.....finesse my but. the guy is a freak and we havent even begun to see what he has in store for the team.
hope this comes up for you guys

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8429781018113705240&ei=_ELcSJe_MYqCrQLlxtycCw&q=paul+posluszny+goalline&vt=lf&hl=en

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 09:38 PM
poz is an animal. anyone see this guy play at penn st? with that being said anyone see that hit that he put on the running back i think it was from USC? in mid air POZ caught this guy and slammed him back about 4 yards. freaking uncanny if you ask me. i think he is balanced. both finesse and power. he has showed us both sides. he is a big strong back that can take down big backs and has the finesse to cover the field. the guy is going to be good. we all knew this was going to be somewhat of a rookie season for him. lets hold off on judgements about his style for a few more games.
by the by poz vs. jackson......id bet the bank on poz everytime.

here is that hit.....finesse my but. the guy is a freak and we havent even begun to see what he has in store for the team.
hope this comes up for you guys

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8429781018113705240&ei=_ELcSJe_MYqCrQLlxtycCw&q=paul+posluszny+goalline&vt=lf&hl=en
You ask if anyone ever saw him play at Penn. State, and then you say that hit was against USC. Apparently you didn't watch him play at Penn. State because it was against Minnesota.

YouTube is ruining America's football I.Q. :ill:

syracuse76
09-25-2008, 09:49 PM
You ask if anyone ever saw him play at Penn. State, and then you say that hit was against USC. Apparently you didn't watch him play at Penn. State because it was against Minnesota.

YouTube is ruining America's football I.Q. :ill:

i saw that when i saw the video just to lazt to go back and change it..........sorry. i rememberd the color of the uni.....just forgot to change the teams name.
wont happen again sir

syracuse76
09-25-2008, 09:50 PM
changed it for ya..........my bad

gr8slayer
09-25-2008, 09:53 PM
i saw that when i saw the video just to lazt to go back and change it..........sorry. i rememberd the color of the uni.....just forgot to change the teams name.
wont happen again sir
Trust me, I watched him very closely at Penn. State, I watch him closely every game, and then go back and watch the game five more times and watch him closely. He's not a power guy, he's not a guy who is going to take on a block and blow up the play, he's not a guy who is going to cause fumbles when he hits you, he's not a guy who strikes fear into the hearts of the opposition. He's a smart, instinctive, solid tackler who wraps up the ball carrier and brings him to the ground. Every now and then get gets a little out of his element and starts with the arm tackles but that's something he'll get over as time goes on.

In this defense I think he would be far better used as an OLB, at this juncture I feel that Digiorgio is a better option for us at MLB and has the hip movement necessary to cover in the intermediate zone in the C2 defense. Obviously there isn't any point in making that change now because it may disrupt the chemistry on the defense but if another OLB goes down it's something I'd like to see happen because he would be back in his element where he can be very successful.

syracuse76
09-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Trust me, I watched him very closely at Penn. State, I watch him closely every game, and then go back and watch the game five more times and watch him closely. He's not a power guy, he's not a guy who is going to take on a block and blow up the play, he's not a guy who is going to cause fumbles when he hits you, he's not a guy who strikes fear into the hearts of the opposition. He's a smart, instinctive, solid tackler who wraps up the ball carrier and brings him to the ground. Every now and then get gets a little out of his element and starts with the arm tackles but that's something he'll get over as time goes on.

In this defense I think he would be far better used as an OLB, at this juncture I feel that Digiorgio is a better option for us at MLB and has the hip movement necessary to cover in the intermediate zone in the C2 defense. Obviously there isn't any point in making that change now because it may disrupt the chemistry on the defense but if another OLB goes down it's something I'd like to see happen because he would be back in his element where he can be very successful.

i agree with what yout saying about moving him back to the outside. he played very little middle backer in college i know he played just a few games at middle but his primary was the outside. . OLB would of been the place i would of liked to see him at from the get go . i hope he does get that chance to where the guy will shine. i just think its to soon to lay down judgement on the guy. he is not in his element like you said. they guy is huge. i really dont think it would disrupt much if JD was placed there i mean the all know each other position and plays. move poz to the outside put ellison on the bench. i would like to start seeing that starting trio. it might even step the run defense up a little more which is a glaring hole that everyone sees. i mean its not bad by no means at all, but it does stand out.