X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

nice article on WM...

Now that McGahee is a Buffalo Bill, when will he be healthy enough to be on the field? This season? Next?

"We’re not going to go into this with any preconceived opinion as to what he will and will not do this year," added Donahoe. "A lot of that will be up to our medical people, to Willis, and we’ll play it by ear. One thing that we’ve learned here is that we do not put a timetable on anyone’s injuries. It’s not a good thing to do because people are different. And mentally, how they respond to things are different," Donahoe said. "We’re prepared if he can’t play this year."

Adds Modrak, "he’s a strong-minded guy. You can judge that by the way he’s gone through his rehab and the way he’s handled his difficult situation. He’s never moaned about what happened to him. He’s moving forward. McGahee is the whole package. That’s the nice part. He can finish runs, but he can also get himself out of trouble when there’s nothing there. He’s a chance for a big play when he touches the ball."

"I am about 85 percent of where I need to be. The first thing I need to do is keep on working on my knee. I still have to get stronger. Hopefully things will just fall into place. I’m on track. I’m not going too fast and I’m not going too slow. I’m just right," said McGahee. "The injury won’t affect anything. I think I’ll be better than I was before.

"The odds are real good (about playing this year). It’s up to me, but it’s also really up to the coaches, trainers, and the doctors - depending on what they want to do. I don’t think it’s a risk. (The Bills) don’t think it’s a risk because they picked me. They got a premier back and a great one at that."

The Full Article
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
Working...
X