PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe's absence could be a silver lining

elltrain22
09-26-2008, 05:56 AM
First off, this is not a derogitory post upon my man Roscoe. Roscoe "Peco Train" Parrish, in fact, is one of my most favorite Buffalo Bills. My point here is that w/ Peco Train going down for hopefully only a month (or 3 games), other guys get the opportunity to step up and get more opportunities. The first guy that comes to mind, undoubtedly, is rookie WR James Hardy. So far, we have only seen a glimpse of what this guy can do for this offense. Yes, he has had his share of growing pains thus far, but I wholeheartedly believe if given consistent rep's (game rep's), this game is gonna start to come into his own. I've been high on this kid since day 1. Saw him play several times throughout his college career, and was so hoping of organization would draft him. I think our coaching staff will work him into the offense, especially this upcoming week, b/c St.Louis's defense is absolutely terrible.

Another guy, who I think is an absolute lock to step up in Parrish's absence, is Leodis McKelvin. We all know who great the Peco-Train is at returning punts, and kicks as well, but we all have just scratched the surface of just how good of a returner McKelvin is. Let us not forget he took one back versus the Steelers in the preseason, and almost took a kick back last week versus the Raiders, but fat Seb Janikowski hit him w/ his fat beer gut!!! I am so optimistic about this guy, when Parrish is due back, we all may be asking ourselves which guy is the better return man.

No doubt, the Peco-Train is a huge loss, but the opportunity for some is not only intruiguing, but I believe it will ultimately benefit this strong football team!!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitchy moo
09-26-2008, 06:06 AM
Sorry, I just don't think injuries to a man that talented on our team can have a silver lining.

mybills
09-26-2008, 06:11 AM
All of the injuries last year were a blessing in disguise. The 2nd & 3rd stringers gained experience. If that's what you mean by silver lining, then ok. I'm really gonna miss Rocoe though.

Dujek
09-26-2008, 06:17 AM
I'd rather Roscoe was playing, but if he's only out 4 weeks the team should be able to cope without him, especially given that two of the opponents are the Rams and the Cardinals. The experience that McKelvin and Hardy gain will be invaluable in the long term, so I guess there is a silver lining there.

I'd still rather have Roscoe on the field though.

alohabillsfan
09-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Steve Johnson may see the field now!

njsue
09-26-2008, 06:41 AM
James Hardy's time to shine :snicker:

Pride
09-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Am I alone in thinking that Roscoe being out will actually help this team on Offense?

zone
09-26-2008, 06:49 AM
While it's going to suck not having him out there, it definitely may help us later in the season/playoffs getting the young guys some game experience now.

Pride
09-26-2008, 06:51 AM
I'm actually thinking an immediate help. I feel that Roscoe holds our WR corp back due to his size. With James Hardy on the field, Trent has large option on every pass play.

DrGraves
09-26-2008, 06:51 AM
All that i Know is that mckelvin better be a good punt returner.

mybills
09-26-2008, 06:56 AM
I'm actually thinking an immediate help. I feel that Roscoe holds our WR corp back due to his size. With James Hardy on the field, Trent has large option on every pass play.
I don't think he does. It's not like Trent gives him the ball all the time. He spreads it around a lot. :up:

Jan Reimers
09-26-2008, 07:39 AM
I'd really rather see Hardy, McKelvin, Jenkins and Johnson all brought along at their natural pace, rather than being forced to play because we've lost an explosive guy like Parrish.

But I'm thankful that we have talented young guys to step in and fill the gap. Depth is a beautiful thing.

LaBestia23
09-26-2008, 10:31 AM
It could be a silver lining but it could also be a setback. Roscoe seemed to be making big plays when we most needed them. Now that he won't be there for some time, someone else is going to have to step up. My gut feeling tells me it won't be Hardy, it will be Reed that will step up. On special teams, I'm really excited to see Mckelvin returning punts but we are going to have to live with some of the bone head plays that are common on rookies.
Time will tell if this turns out to be good or bad for us....