PDA

View Full Version : Bills QB Hamdan: 'This isn't fantasy football'

mybills
09-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Related to that all-for-one mentality, the Bills seems to be a team with no elite talent, but no weaknesses. Would you agree with that?

GH: Now, see, I wouldn't say that. I wouldn't say that. There is elite talent here. I think where we are located geographically, the coverage that we get, leads people to believe a certain thing about our team. I've been on a lot of teams. There are elite players here. Maybe not big names. Maybe not guys that the average fan, looking at a fantasy-football sheet, would say 'Oh, yeah.' But that's not how you build a team.

I think if you look at the successful teams over the years, namely the one in our division, New England, or a San Diego or an Indianapolis, you don't necessarily go down the roster and say first-round pick, first-round pick, first-round pick, eight-year Pro Bowler, six-year Pro Bowler ... You look at how teams are built, and the teams that are having success are the teams that are doing a good job of bringing players in that fit a system, that can jell into a cohesive unit and know their roles.

So you can say all you want about no being an elite player, but I'll take a guy who plays his role excellent on each and every play than a guy who maybe is an elite player because isn't playing at a high level because he's maybe upset about his role on the team or where he's situated.

I think I misspoke when I said "no elite talent," ....

Ya think? :chuckle:

more (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-3-161/Bills-QB-Hamdan---This-isn-t-fantasy-football-.html)

yordad
09-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Gez, that reporter must have some pull. He managed a one-on-one with our 3rd stringer.

mybills
09-26-2008, 09:44 AM
He's a Bill. nuff said.

yordad
09-26-2008, 09:57 AM
He's a Bill. nuff said.Huh?

Mitchy moo
09-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Gez, that reporter must have some pull. He managed a one-on-one with our 3rd stringer.

Soon he'll be on fries & that's when the big $ starts rolling in.

parrishlynchevans
09-26-2008, 10:25 AM
What is with everyones obsession with mentioning fantasy football in every single football article? Do people have some weird phobia over fantasy football? Do they think their jobs are in jeopardy because of fantasy football?

mybills
09-26-2008, 10:34 AM
I don't like fantasy football because when I'm out watching the game I wanna know who's cheering for the team, not some player. Pretty sure that's what he's saying with a different example.

and yordad...3rd string is still a Bill. Your insult of the reporter insulted Hamdan too. JMO.

parrishlynchevans
09-26-2008, 10:45 AM
I don't like fantasy football because when I'm out watching the game I wanna know who's cheering for the team, not some player. Pretty sure that's what he's saying with a different example.

and yordad...3rd string is still a Bill. Your insult of the reporter insulted Hamdan too. JMO.

Great you don't like fantasy football. There's no need to obsessively mention there's a difference between fantasy football and real football. I think everyone understands the meaning of fantasy football.

Football articles have become real stale because of this. Every single article starts out like this:

"Marshawn Lynch may not have rushed for 100 yards on Sunday, but that extra tackle he broke in the 4th quarter on Sunday to pick up the final first down and seal another Bills win is what matters most.

"This isn't fantasy football," said Marshawn."

Wow, no really? You know I thought all along that if Marshawn rushed under 100 yards that it's an automatic loss for the Bills. Thanks for the insight guys!

Oaf
09-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Why does Hamdan have one earbud in his ear in that picture? What is he listening to? The Borat theme song?

Oaf
09-26-2008, 11:18 AM
On the 2nd hand, I can just feel that Hamdan is going to get his chance to play in this league in the next 2 years, just no idea who.

Meathead
09-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Why does Hamdan have one earbud in his ear in that picture? What is he listening to?
http://images.ibsys.com/2004/0921/3749259.jpg

mybills
09-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Great you don't like fantasy football. There's no need to obsessively mention there's a difference between fantasy football and real football.
:rofl: This is the first time I ever mentioned it, tard!

gil
09-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Great you don't like fantasy football. There's no need to obsessively mention there's a difference between fantasy football and real football. I think everyone understands the meaning of fantasy football.

Football articles have become real stale because of this. Every single article starts out like this:

"Marshawn Lynch may not have rushed for 100 yards on Sunday, but that extra tackle he broke in the 4th quarter on Sunday to pick up the final first down and seal another Bills win is what matters most.

"This isn't fantasy football," said Marshawn."

Wow, no really? You know I thought all along that if Marshawn rushed under 100 yards that it's an automatic loss for the Bills. Thanks for the insight guys!

Remind me not to ask you about your feelings on Dungeons & Dragons.

Dujek
09-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Hamdan is going to be a great coach for someone.

He knows the game, he knows how to talk to the media, and he knows how to say the right things to back up his team-mates. He'll never be an NFL starting QB, but he WILL be a good coach.

yordad
09-26-2008, 08:56 PM

and yordad...3rd string is still a Bill. Your insult of the reporter insulted Hamdan too. JMO.Is he not the third stringer? How is that insulting? It isn't my fault he is the third stringer.

Was TE and JP and all the starters all painting their toe nails?

Just seems he could have found someone more significant to our success. I mean, dude doesn't even hold for field goals.

He does seem to talk good though.

bills_7
09-27-2008, 12:23 PM
i think he might be our #2 next year,, i heard somewhere that edwards brought him here b.c they are really good friends.. is this true? anyone else hear this

Dozerdog
09-27-2008, 12:37 PM
i think he might be our #2 next year,, i heard somewhere that edwards brought him here b.c they are really good friends.. is this true? anyone else hear this

I think the coaches and scouting staffs bring in backup QBs, not the players.

They might have kown each other or been buddies before the Bills, but that's irrelivant.

northernbillfan
09-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Gel is spelled wrong. Nice reporter.

yordad
09-27-2008, 01:18 PM
i think he might be our #2 next year,, i heard somewhere that edwards brought him here b.c they are really good friends.. is this true? anyone else hear thisNope. He played over seas.