• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Edwards rides wave of success, puts Bills at the top of AFC East

"Every game I have ever played," Edwards says, "high school, college and NFL, someone from my family has been there for me."

Shelby, 31, is there for him at road games and home games — and at home, mere minutes from Ralph Wilson Stadium.

"I'm here," she says, "to let him know he is loved."

Most everyone in these parts lets Edwards know that these days. Few athletes inspire communal love like a winning quarterback in Buffalo. Jim Kelly took the Bills to four Super Bowls in the 1990s and remains a prince of the city. Jack Kemp won two American Football League titles in the 1960s and got elected to nine terms in Congress.

Edwards, 24, is a long way from their sainted status. But he has the Niagara Frontier in a tizzy with his early-season play. The Bills are one of the NFL's surprise teams. They're alone in first place in the AFC East this far into a season for the first time since 1996, when Edwards was in seventh grade...

My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Re: Edwards rides wave of success, puts Bills at the top of AFC East

Guard Brad Butler says Edwards led mostly by example last season: "That's why it works now that he's more vocal. He's the last guy in the weight room and the film room. He stands in the pocket and takes hits. Guys respect that and that's why they listen to him."
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
      • Aug 2004

Since both Edwards and Lynch are Obama guys, I'd assume Poz must be one, too then as they discussed politics over dinner at Trent's house.

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
        Since both Edwards and Lynch are Obama guys, I'd assume Poz must be one, too then as they discussed politics over dinner at Trent's house.
        Link?
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Bulldog
          Top Dog
          • Jan 2003

I wonder what Edwards sister looks like? Poz is probably getting more than just dinner at Trents house.
          I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• madness
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Bulldog
            I wonder what Edwards sister looks like? Poz is probably getting more than just dinner at Trents house.
            That thought crossed my mind too. I also thought "Watch, Poz will be married to Trent's sister by next year".

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
              He's the last guy in the weight room and the film room. He stands in the pocket and takes hits. Guys respect that and that's why they listen to him."
              That's a good thing? Did they mean last guy to leave?
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

What a nice read, family is everything.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

I love this quote from Turk:

"But Trent is like talking to the CEO of a company."
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
                    Link?
                    Edwards said it on OTR.

Comment

• Buffatexas
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by madness
                      That thought crossed my mind too. I also thought "Watch, Poz will be married to Trent's sister by next year".
                      I just hope she is better than the woman poz had on his arm when I ran into him. She seemed like a really uppity b***h

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Posluszny says, laughing. "Shelby takes good care of us."
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• theanswer74
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
                          Got a little Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas' sister thing going here.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                            • Aug 2002

She knows me better than anyone else in this world," Edwards says. "It's just a relaxing, nice feeling to come home and have a conversation that doesn't have to do with how we're going to block the Oakland Raiders blitz schemes."

I thought he said they didn't prepare for Oakland blitzing????
                            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• BAM
                              • Sep 2003

That was cool to read, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡