PDA

View Full Version : Pats Fans: Worst in all of sports

Bill Brasky
09-26-2008, 08:26 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/columns/story/10993221

Congratulations, New England Patriots fans, your testicles have dropped. You are the top dog when it comes to whiney fans who take winning for granted.

You elevated the spoiled-brat fan phenomenon in sports to an entirely different level when on Sunday you heavily booed a team that's only one of two to win three Super Bowls in a four-year span, went undefeated in the regular season and generated the two longest winning streaks in NFL history.

Sure, go ahead and boo. The Patriots have obviously and clearly sucked.

Patriots defensive back Ellis Hobbs put it perfectly. He explained that the cascade of booing by New England fans is "a testament to how spoiled they are." I'd take that a step farther.

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2008, 08:35 AM
What dickheads.

Pinkerton Security
09-26-2008, 08:40 AM
"There are a great many message board warriors and online rhetorical thugs who talk a good game in chat rooms but have never actually spoken to coaches or players to get at least a partial grip on how hard it is to win in the NFL."

What the heck is this guy talking about!??!?!

/sarcasm

Pinkerton Security
09-26-2008, 08:41 AM
great read though. he really put it to them. And to hear the players actually talk about how the fans are spoiled is AWESOME.

Mad Bomber
09-26-2008, 08:46 AM
The fans' booing illustrates another point. There's a downside to New England's ascension. The Patriots, like a growing number of NFL teams, are increasingly appealing to more wealthy people at the expense of the average, more hard-core fan.

Some football fan purists with more intricate knowledge of the sport are being replaced by corporate metrosexuals who see a football game as nothing more than a way to impress a client or get laid.

Maybe those fans were the ones doing most of the booing. Maybe not. I'm not sure. It's just unfathomable to me how anyone who knows even a smidge about the NFL could boo the Patriots.

This is the result of having too many Hair Gel Giveaway Nights.
:rofl:

Sad but true.

One of the things I love about Bills fans is that they are a blue-collar bunch who know about the game and rabidly support their team.

Pats fans really are spoiled. I remember a game a couple of years ago at Gillette Stadium (also against the Dolphins). The Pats were up 13-10 at the half, and the fans booed the Patriots as they left the field! I guess they just weren't winning by a big enough margin - that is the epitome of being spoiled.

Oldbillsfan
09-26-2008, 09:18 AM
I saw the game and they were booing like mad. It was great.

don137
09-26-2008, 09:30 AM
A few thoughts. I agree Patriot fans showed their true classless colors. Their team just got done with an unprescedented 21 game regular season winning streak. True fans would of given them a standing ovation to show them appreciation for such a great run. Many sports fans give their team a standing ovation when they see a great run end. Sabres fans do that all the time when the Sabres lose at home when they are about to get knocked out of playoffs you don't hear booing from the stands. You see Sabres fans on their feet giving them an standing ovation saying 'thanks for the ride, it was great.'

I agree many of the franchises that have the most money (Patriots, Redskins, etc) due to some of the most expensive tickets don't have true fans. That is why I feel most Patriot fans are not true fans but more wine and cheese bandwagon fans. One example of profitable franchoses catering to the wine and cheese crowd and not the true football fan is this weekend my buddy got club seats at the 50 yard line for the Falcons-Panthers game. It comes with a parking pass to the lot closest to the Panthers stadium. Their is no drinking or grilling allowed in this lot. No drinking or grilling allowed at a tailgate prior to a football game? That is un-American. Needless to say we will e paying the $25 to park elsewhere.

Pinkerton Security
09-26-2008, 09:34 AM
I was watching the Chargers game the other day, and I'm not sure if its just the laid-back California atmosphere, but it seemed dead in the stadium. Their team had just scored, and they panned around and people were simply standing there, sipping their drinks....it was sort of odd.

Anyone ever been a game at Qualcomm? Are we really just that much better at rooting our team on?

mybills
09-26-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm still on cloud 9 that their winning streak ended. :bravo: :jill:

justasportsfan
09-26-2008, 09:41 AM
People boo'ed Trent in the first few series on the seahawks game. They were also booing vs. the raiders.

Mr. Miyagi
09-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I was watching the Chargers game the other day, and I'm not sure if its just the laid-back California atmosphere, but it seemed dead in the stadium. Their team had just scored, and they panned around and people were simply standing there, sipping their drinks....it was sort of odd.

Anyone ever been a game at Qualcomm? Are we really just that much better at rooting our team on? My uncle is a big time Charger fan, living in SD. I can see him just going "oh well", shrug his shoulders, and walk out of the stadium if they lose. No biggie.

madness
09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
:lmao:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=4 width="40%" align=right border=4><TBODY><TR class=bg0><TD><CENTER>Your Turn: Reader Rip</CENTER></TD></TR><TR class=bg6><TD align=left>EASY/LUCKY/FREE: I boo everything I don't like when I go to games: getting cut off at the beer stand, little kids, rival fans, old people, fat people, yuppies, the announcer, the halftime show. Why would I let a bunch of overpaid genetic freaks off for free? If they aren't playing up to their potential, they are going to get heckled. <TR class=bg0><TD><CENTER>Writer Retort</CENTER></TD></TR><TR class=bg6><TD align=left>Mike Freeman: You boo little kids? Do you boo puppies, too? How about rainbows? Santa? Do you boo Santa? (Eagles fans raise their hands yes.) Next time, while you're at it, boo tax cuts for the poor, too. Or kittens. Yes, kittens. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

mybills
09-26-2008, 10:08 AM
:chuckle:

Mitchy moo
09-26-2008, 10:10 AM
Wait until the Bills roll the Pats at home and Kraft has that OMG no look on his face. That in itself will be a priceless moment, along with Stroud standing on Cassel's head / screaming at the end of the game.

That will open all the Patsies fans eyes.

Jan Reimers
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
I think if the Pats were to suffer through 8 playoff-less years, their stadium would be half empty for most games.

Pinkerton Security
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Wait until the Bills roll the Pats at home and Kraft has that OMG no look on his face. That in itself will be a priceless moment, along with Stroud standing on Cassel's head / screaming at the end of the game.

That will open all the Patsies fans eyes.

either that or Stroud will be holding up Cassel's decapitated head like its Medusa's...

madness
09-26-2008, 10:30 AM
either that or Stroud will be holding up Cassel's decapitated head like its Medusa's...

Nice... somebody needs to hook up the photoshop.

http://september29th.com/uploaded_images/clash-of-the-titans-785574.jpg

parrishlynchevans
09-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I'd rather be spoiled as a sports fan than accept mediocrity.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Nice... somebody needs to hook up the photoshop.

http://september29th.com/uploaded_images/clash-of-the-titans-785574.jpg

LOL.

Rob49
09-26-2008, 11:30 AM
People boo'ed Trent in the first few series on the seahawks game. They were also booing vs. the raiders.
The boo's you were hearing against the raiders were people yelling "BBRRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE". The announcer would say "and don't forget to stay in your seats at halftime as we will honor former DE Bruce Smith." The stadium erupted a couple times with "BRRUUUUUUUUCE".

RockStar36
09-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Pats fans booed the team at halftime a few years back when the Bills were winning on opening day.

I'm not sure what to make of this latest showing.

parrishlynchevans
09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
This thread is so hypocritical. For the last 8 years Bills fans have done nothing but boo the team off the field. The Saturday Night game against Denver I went to in 2005, the fans were booing the team in the 4th quarter. It happens, the team stinks and you get booed. The team does well, and you get praised. That's how it works.

RockStar36
09-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Here is why I'm not sure what to make of it.

If the Patriots lost a close game I don't think the fans would've booed and acted the way they did. But they were getting blown out at home to the Dolphins. That is kind of unacceptable. I can only imagine if Miami or another team of equal play was thrashing the Bills at home there would be a ton of boos and people leaving early.

Pinkerton Security
09-26-2008, 12:19 PM
This thread is so hypocritical. For the last 8 years Bills fans have done nothing but boo the team off the field. The Saturday Night game against Denver I went to in 2005, the fans were booing the team in the 4th quarter. It happens, the team stinks and you get booed. The team does well, and you get praised. That's how it works.

I did not boo. EVER. Its those fairweather fans that screw us.

And the point of it all is that THEY HAVE BEEN SMOKING EVERYONE for some time now, and suddenly they lose 1, ONE, game, and everyone goes apes*** and boos.

Tiburon1724
09-26-2008, 04:24 PM
The boo's you were hearing against the raiders were people yelling "BBRRUUUUUUUUUUUUCE". The announcer would say "and don't forget to stay in your seats at halftime as we will honor former DE Bruce Smith." The stadium erupted a couple times with "BRRUUUUUUUUCE".

Not all of it. I was booing. The Bills were pathetic against the worst team in the league (until the 4th quarter). The play calling sucked, Edwards was crap, I was disapointed and the team was disinterested. So I booed. Sure I ended up cheering by the end but the team woke up and played!

Bill Brasky
09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Anyone ever been a game at Qualcomm? Are we really just that much better at rooting our team on?

people out west are laid back in general.

but yeah, most places you go now will most likely suck as far as atmosphere. i call it the caviar syndrome. jack up your prices until all the apthetic metro's infiltrate your stadium because the real fans can't afford to get past the gate.

mybills
09-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I've never boo'd my team.

!Papacrunk!
09-27-2008, 08:25 AM
I was surprised, then elated when I heard the boos while watching the game. Seeing the long faces in the crowd shots, and the mass exit was just as funny

Albany,n.y.
09-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Not all of it. I was booing. The Bills were pathetic against the worst team in the league (until the 4th quarter). The play calling sucked, Edwards was crap, I was disapointed and the team was disinterested. So I booed. Sure I ended up cheering by the end but the team woke up and played!
Pretty idiotic on your part to boo & then proudly post and show your ignorance. 1st of all, the Raiders are not the worst team in the league-they're miles ahead of teams like KC, Stl, Det, Cin, and possibly a few others as the season shakes out.
You say the play calling sucked & Edwards was crap-total nonsense! Do you understand one iota about why that appeared to you to be that way? There's a thing called field position. Oakland got outstanding punting & kickoffs, plus coverage-combine that with penalties & in a close game a smart team plays somewhat conservative when burried deep in their own territory. You would have loved a risky game so you could have cheered. You must have been a lot happier booing our sub .500 teams. You seem to be a fan who goes to the stadium happy to find fault with everything that goes on minute to minute without any regard to the big picture.

Joe Fo Sho
09-27-2008, 04:33 PM
great read though. he really put it to them. And to hear the players actually talk about how the fans are spoiled is AWESOME.

Spoiled? Hmmm, I thought Pats fans always smelled like that....

Bill Brasky
09-28-2008, 09:06 AM
This thread is so hypocritical. For the last 8 years Bills fans have done nothing but boo the team off the field.

Because the Bills have done nothing but suck for the last 8 years.

The Pats just won 21 games in a row, and have won 3 Super Bowls within the last 7 years. The minute the boat starts to rock they all jump ship. Pussies.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Geez Bills fans have gone through hell and yet we still support the Bills.

Pats Fans = Pathetic