PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams Available

Stewie
09-26-2008, 08:26 AM
The lions are "listening to offers" for players.

I would seriously consider a high pick (2nd round) to get Roy in case Evans can't get extended. Then franchise and trade Evans if he wants out of Buffalo, and we still have a legit #1 and can get some value back. I'd rather pay Williams big bucks than Evans, all things considered. If somehow Williams and Evans both remain in buffalo beyond this year, all of a sudden we're loaded at WR.

www.profootballtalk.com (http://www.profootballtalk.com)

Stewie
09-26-2008, 08:27 AM
lol please move this thank you

hydro
09-26-2008, 08:28 AM
What are the political ramifications of this paul? :rofl:

Dr. Lecter
09-26-2008, 08:30 AM
Is he available to run as Ron Paul's runnng mate?

(thread moved after obligatory shot at PaulB)

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Roy Williams is injury prone. He has all the talent in the world however. IMO we should just get the deal done with Lee and call it a day. We don't need another WR. Hardy/Reed are good enough.

JJamezz
09-26-2008, 08:32 AM
'It's raining on the east coast, Roy Williams on the trading block.. Armageddon!!'

-Patti

RedEyE
09-26-2008, 08:34 AM
I think he would make a formidable weapon for Buffalo. He has a strong presence across the middle of the field and would most certainly upgrade the Bills receiving corp without having to find a good receiving TE.

Pinkerton Security
09-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Roy Williams has already started b****ing about not getting the ball enough, cuz Megatron (aka Calvin) is a stud and gets open more than he does ( based on pure conjecture). But seriously, this guy admits that he takes plays off a-la Moss when he knows its not gonna come to him, and is not a team player.

He's good, for sure, but its a moot point to even talk about getting him because he certainly doesnt fit the mold of player (mentally and ethically) the Bills seem to look for.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2008, 08:42 AM
He's good, for sure, but its a moot point to even talk about getting him because he certainly doesnt fit the mold of player (mentally and ethically) the Bills seem to look for.

You mean players that pull guns on their father or run over women in the road and don't bother to stop?

Pinkerton Security
09-26-2008, 08:52 AM
You mean players that pull guns on their father or run over women in the road and don't bother to stop?

well...at least guys that play hard. williams doesnt do that.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2008, 08:58 AM

That got reduced to a traffic ticket, no harm / no foul.

gr8slayer
09-26-2008, 10:24 AM
Pass.

New Ro's Greatest
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
We are close to signing Evans so i will pass on this one. GO BILLS:D:

Slim
09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
He'll be a Cowboy.

justasportsfan
09-26-2008, 11:57 AM
if lee is extended I would rather grab a top TE

jimbohastle51
09-26-2008, 06:05 PM
The lions are "listening to offers" for players.

I would seriously consider a high pick (2nd round) to get Roy in case Evans can't get extended. Then franchise and trade Evans if he wants out of Buffalo, and we still have a legit #1 and can get some value back. I'd rather pay Williams big bucks than Evans, all things considered. If somehow Williams and Evans both remain in buffalo beyond this year, all of a sudden we're loaded at WR.

www.profootballtalk.com (http://www.profootballtalk.com)

in no way is lee evans not getting extended, and i dont say that as a fan that is being ignorant to the buisness side of the NFL, if there wasnt going to be an extension 1st) chris brown wouldnt be talking to lee about the progress made during discussions as well as saying himself that they were close to getting it done. 2nd) great guy or not if he wasnt being negotiated with right now or during this past offseason you would have seen some kind of hold out. EVERY agent nowadays makes his player hold out during the offseason of a contract year unless they are on a team that in no way can pay the player usually even if the player knows they will be franchised they after there last contract year they still hold out at the agents request.

jimbohastle51
09-26-2008, 06:09 PM
if lee is extended I would rather grab a top TE

i completely agree with this!!! if we had a great recieving TE to match with rob royal that would be awesome. especially a guy like a tony gonzalez perfect guy for the bills. he is a high character highly productive player in his prime and would give us 2-3 years of solid player before retiring and buy then we could get a draft pick in there behind him learning from a Hall Of Famer. (though we all know the bills wont make a trade like that, sure sounds good :)

thenry20
09-26-2008, 07:34 PM
The Lions.

Nuff said.

Are unloading him does this not set off fire alarms with anybody? He doesn't even have the numbers to make him attractive for buyers.

Stewie
09-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Roy Williams is a damn good wr. I dunno, he gets hurt a little, maybe he whines a litle, but damn people, this guy can make plays.

I'd at least find out what his contract demands are. If they're less than Evans', or anywhere close to what the Bills wanted to pay Lee, then why not look?