• Show
Clear All
  • Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

More hate for Bill Simmons

THE FEEL-GOOD SLEEPER
    7. Buffalo Bills
    On a truly enjoyable episode of "Inside the NFL" this week, Bill Cowher, Phil Simms and Cris Collinsworth -- three guys I respect -- all listed the Bills in their top fives and James Brown didn't even do his trademark "Ack ... ack ... ack ... ack" laugh afterward. Really? Top five? That seems high after Roscoe Parrish went out with a finger, which undeniably affects one of Buffalo's biggest strengths (special teams) for the next four to six weeks. Just look at what happened with Tampa-Chicago last week: a healthy Devin Hester springs one big return and swings that game, right? On the other hand, Buffalo's schedule remains easier than Kirsten Dunst. We'll stick them here to be safe.
    Meanwhile, Becky from Boston writes, "Just curious -- when the SuperSonics were being ripped from Seattle, you dedicated several columns to the topic. Now that the same thing is happening to the Bills, your reaction is the complete opposite. Not only are you NOT outraged, you seem to derive pleasure from rubbing salt in my wounds. You don't mention the Bills without mentioning the possible move to Toronto and are tainting an otherwise exciting season for lifelong Bills fans like myself who have been waiting for the glory years of the early '90s to return. What do you have against the good people of Buffalo? Haven't we suffered enough?"
    All good points. My initial response is that when Vincent Gallo is your city's signature celebrity, maybe you shouldn't have an NFL team. But I'm willing to be talked into it. From everything I've read, the Bills are struggling to survive financially and lack the funds to build a better stadium, only they don't have the balls to leave Buffalo, only they don't want another NFL team to move to Toronto -- the best territory that isn't an NFL city yet -- so they're basically "marking" that Toronto territory like a dog by playing eight games there over the next three years. Either it was a shrewd business move (they made $78 million, more than their 2006 and 2007 operating income combined), a passive-aggressive play that deserves to be mocked, or both. But it's nothing like the 1979 NBA champs getting hijacked from Seattle for no good reason. Seattle could support an NBA team; it's unclear if Buffalo can support the Bills.
    (Note: If I'm wrong, then tell me why. And try to do it without using swear words or comparing me to various orafices. Thank you.)

Bill Simmons compiles his first NFL Power Poll of the season and finds the league is more wide-open than ever.

I am not all about wanting every single person in the world to love the Bills, but I HATE THIS GUY. God, if I ever see him i think I will punch him in the face.

This is after he made this snide little comment earlier in the article:
    "Don't rule out any 2008 scenario over these next 14 weeks, whether it's three NFC East teams winning 12-plus games ... the Bills finishing 13-3 and having the mayors of Buffalo and Toronto flip a coin to host their second-round playoff game ..."

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: More hate for Bill Simmons

Apparently, Simmons thinks he is funny. But he's actually a misinformed, nonhumorous troll.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
      Pinkerton's son
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      Apparently, Simmons thinks he is funny. But he's actually a misinformed, nonhumorous troll.
      I cant f***ing stand him!!! He thinks he knows whats going on but has no idea.

Comment

• cocamide
        • Oct 2006

What a *****? Who the hell is Bill Simmons anyways? Does his opinion matter?

Comment

• cocamide
          • Oct 2006

Oh, and he must know as much about football as he does about female genitalia. When Hester went down, he didn't have one of the best return men in college football history backing him up.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by cocamide
            What a *****? Who the hell is Bill Simmons anyways? Does his opinion matter?
            hes a smug ESPN reporter and unabashed Pats fan who deems himself better than anyone. He's one of their big tickets, at least on Podcast and ESPN.com

More proof that ESPN is garbage and caters to the casual sports fans just looking for amusement.

Comment

• parrishlynchevans
              • Sep 2008

What do celebrities have to do with whether or not a city can host an NFL franchise?

Buffalo: 3-0, 1st in AFC East
              Next Opp: @ St.Louis
              Magic Number: 11

Trent Edwards Career: 2363 Yds, 10 TD, 9 INT

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Simmons is a fraud. He touts himself as the everyday sports guy but his rambling above speaks to supporting the corporate america bastardization of sports.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

In his top part rant, he says the Bills could go 13-3 and have the mayors of Toronto and Buffalo flip a coin over who has the playoff game.

Dude needs to lay of, he knows he's getting under people's skins, people just need to stop sending him emails and let him get knocked off his high horse whenever the Bills shut him up with their play.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

The more attention we give him the worse things he'll write about Buffalo. I see nothing here but a guy trying to inflame Bills fans & get a rise out of all of us. He'll learn that people like him that write for spite end up getting the wrong end of the pen.

I hope he burns up soon, violently.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Bill Simmons is a life long Pats fan, always writes about Boston related teams.

He also went to Choate Rosemary Hall, a private prep school in Conneticut. I know that school. They're a bunch of cocky *******s.

It figures.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

should we respond to him with the fact that most bills fans don't mind going to the ralph, the team carries the lowest debt of any of the teams and also has seems to generate some of the highest ticket sales.

Furthermore, when the team isn't good the region still supports the team. even if games aren't sold out after the blackout, it's a matter of 2-5 seats empty. look at the rams and jacksonville.

Furthermore, just because stadium building is in vogue, it is not entirely necessary. These luxury box fans are the ones who are killing the pro sports everyman market.

Simmons just writes a fan's view article that happens to get a lot of coverage because he's funny and everyone is on the boston bandwagon. it was funnier when the team sucked and he hated everything about being a football fan.

Also this is a guy who hates hockey but loves basketball. you can't trust those guys.

Comment

• AG75
                          My buns are weiner friendly
                          • Oct 2002

I had no idea the SuperSonics are now the Oklahoma City Thunder. Yikes! Anyway, his comment about Buffalo not being able to support the Bills is absurd. Beyond absurd. This small market city manages to sell out most games during the most dismal of dismal seasons.

Plus, he's a Patriots homer. Nuff said.
                          Aimee

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

i think hes richard's even more gay brother

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Simmons is one of the most popular writers for ESPN, he is paid to be bias and spout his opinion not be objective. Granted if he says something good about the Bills tomorrow, he'll be hailed as a great writer!
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X