PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Rips Benching of Bulger

patmoran2006
09-26-2008, 11:43 AM
PFT:
JACKSON RIPS BENCHING OF BULGER (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/26/jackson-rips-benching-of-bulger/)

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 26, 2008, 10:52 a.m.
Rams coach Scott Linehan benched quarterback (http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/#) Marc Bulger this week in a desperate attempt to turn things around for the worst team in the league.
But not everyone in the Rams’ locker room thinks Linehan made the right move in going with Trent Green.
Rams running back Steven Jackson said in a radio appearance Thursday that benching Bulger was the “wrong decision (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/600021A4D8DCD4A8862574D0001A7830?OpenDocument).”
“He’s our general,” said Jackson, who added that he has nothing against Green — he just doesn’t think you give a quarterback like Bulger a $60 million contract, as the Rams did last year, to sit him on the bench.
And, in perhaps the worst news of all for Linehan, Jackson said he thinks Bulger is so mad that even if Linehan were to change his mind again, Bulger might simply be unwilling to play. Jackson added that he knows he has teammates who agree with him that Linehan has botched the quarterback situation.
“I’m not the only one who feels this way,” Jackson said.
The situation in St. Louis is a mess.

The King
09-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Im loving it. This is the crap I wanted to see Monday.

RockStar36
09-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I guess it doesn't matter when your coach is going to get canned on Monday morning anyways.

Mr. Miyagi
09-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Sounds like mutiny in progress over there. Good stuff.

Ebenezer
09-26-2008, 12:05 PM
nothing like a being cornered and getting pissed...Bills beware.

Pinkerton Security
09-26-2008, 12:08 PM

true, a cornered animal is dangerous. But fortunately for us, this animal is like a ferret, not a wild dog, and will have to get lucky and nibble the s*** out of us to win this fight.

cant say it wont happen, but they are very unfocused on their supposed "throwing all they got"-at-us game.

yordad
09-26-2008, 12:20 PM
nothing like a being cornered and getting pissed...Bills beware.Nothing like being cornered and getting pissed on either.... Linehan beware.

RockStar36
09-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Weren't the Raiders also in a bad situation last week?

BillsOwnAll
09-26-2008, 12:26 PM
There coach was hated by the owner but form what i heard the players generally liked kiffin. Here we have the players against the coach much different imo.

Ed
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
This is just more evidence that we have absolutely no excuse to lose this game. Enough with this cornered animal nonsense. So now that this team is unhappy with their coach and don't believe in him, they are going to play harder for him? What a joke this Rams team is.

patmoran2006
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Unfortunately (in this case) I think you're correct.

This is still a young Bills team,a nd we've yet to see how they handle being the clear-cut better team (favorite), especially on the road.

HOpefully Jauron keeps them focused.. Its easy to look ahead if you been reading to many clippings.

Ed
09-26-2008, 12:30 PM
There coach was hated by the owner but form what i heard the players generally liked kiffin. Here we have the players against the coach much different imo.
Plus the Raiders actually have some talent on their team. They would probably smoke the Rams too. The Raiders probably aren't a good team, but teams like the Rams and Chiefs are down another level.

Saratoga Slim
09-26-2008, 01:05 PM
true, a cornered animal is dangerous. But fortunately for us, this animal is like a ferret, not a wild dog, and will have to get lucky and nibble the s*** out of us to win this fight.

cant say it wont happen, but they are very unfocused on their supposed "throwing all they got"-at-us game.

A team with Torry Holt at WR, Steven Jackson at RG, and either Trent Green or Marc Bulger throwing the rock could still get itself together and put some points up.

This is the NFL -- as last week's Miami/Patriots game should have demonstrated to everyone, the talent is close enough that if a team takes a week off, they can get burned by anyone.

If we show up ready to do business and don't take anything for granted, we're going to win this game. If we come out like we did against the Raiders, it's very lose-able.

Bufftp
09-26-2008, 02:32 PM
We caught the Raiders "being cornered and getting pissed", and fighting for their coaches Kiffin's job,

St. Louis sounds a team ready to mutiny on Scott Linehan, and would be happy to see him gone on monday. If that's the case it is a different dynamic than what we faced last Sunday.

njsue
09-26-2008, 04:02 PM
The situation with Lane Kiffin is that his team played hard for him. Plus Al Davis has lost his mind literally.

Scott Linehan coaching flat out stinks. Jim Hasslet will be the interim coach for the Rams next week.

The Rams players have quit minus one Rookie WR.

:gobills:

njsue
09-26-2008, 04:03 PM
A team with Torry Holt at WR, Steven Jackson at RG, and either Trent Green or Marc Bulger throwing the rock could still get itself together and put some points up.

This is the NFL -- as last week's Miami/Patriots game should have demonstrated to everyone, the talent is close enough that if a team takes a week off, they can get burned by anyone.

If we show up ready to do business and don't take anything for granted, we're going to win this game. If we come out like we did against the Raiders, it's very lose-able.

The Rams Oline is putrid.

Cntrygal
09-27-2008, 09:17 AM

Good Post!

Cntrygal
09-27-2008, 09:31 AM
If quarterback Marc Bulger has decided he no longer can play for Scott Linehan, he has not informed the Rams' coach. So said Linehan on Friday, another tumultuous day at Rams Park.

"He's never given me any (such) indication," Linehan told reporters. "I know he's disappointed with my decision. He's practiced very well this week, and worked hard, and all those things. If that's his feeling, he's never mentioned that to me. You have to ask him that particular question."

more... (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/F47FEBA0BE17F376862574D100146BBD?OpenDocument)

imbondz
09-27-2008, 10:35 AM
it always seems that the Rams have so much talent that their coaches piss away. their only coach to not do that was Dick Vermeil.