PDA

View Full Version : What Ive seen so far...

DraftBoy
09-26-2008, 07:29 PM
1. Starting with last night, as I said in my first batch of rankings before the season really began USC had a lot to overcome, replacing its OL, QB, and does not have a true #1 RB at this moment and prefers the RB by committee approach which I think they need to ditch.

2. Brian Cushing is very overrated at LB, and I would not touch him before Round 4. Slow, Can't shed blocks, can't blitz, and doesn't hit. Very much helped by playing with Rey and Clay.

3. Mark Sanchez is going to be a good NFL QB, I was skeptical at first but he's a good kid who can play. His attitude needs a little work, but no huge character flaw.

4. Enough about USC already, Brandon James is still the most dangerous man in college football that nobody knows about despite what Brandon Tate has done this season thus far.

5. LSU scares the hell out of me, and not in a good way.

6. UNC may just take the ACC

7. Matthew Stafford still has some proving to do

8. Brian Robiskie and Brian Hartline are not 1st Round WR's despite what their numbers may indicate

9. Jimmy Claussen may not be the answer for Notre Dame

10. Missouri is not as good as some people are saying they are

11. Sam Bradford may be one of the best QBs to ever play at Oklahoma and thats saying a lot, Id take him over any other player in college football right now.

12. Michael Johnson is falling down draft boards because he is not producing enough stats in a weak ACC.

13. Tim Tebow may just play QB in the NFL one day

14. Colorado will shock somebody in the Big 12

15. Chase Daniel is not an NFL QB

16. Georgia Tech is already way too good at the option

17. Unless a Junior QB declares this may be the worst QB class ever in the history of the NFL Draft

18. CJ Spiller may not be NFL ready anytime soon

19. Dante Love was the best Senior WR in the nation this year and he will be missed. Speedy recovery to him and good luck in the rest of life.

20. Louis Murphy is not living up to his preseason hype

21. Penn State is not for real yet

22. Texas v. Oklahoma will be the game of the year

23. If Oregon had a QB they could challenge for the Pac 10 title

24. Phillip Fulmer has completely screwed up Jonathan Crompton

25. Hunter Cantwell is not Brian Brohm, nor is he really that close at this point

26. Josh Freeman may be the next Daunte Culpepper with better speed and a quicker delivery

27. Michael Crabtree is without a doubt the best WR in the nation but Graham Harrell is no slouch tossing him passes

28. Best TE is college football right now may just be Jared Cook

29. Terrence Cody, Carl Moore, Corey Surrency, and Arkleon Hall were all JUCO steals

30. Jermaine Gresham may be a better TE prospect than Vernon Davis, but not a better athlete

31. Michael Oher is still the top OT in college football

32. Alex Mack is not the top OC in college football

33. Fili Moala makes the players around him better not the other way around

34. Duke has more talent than anybody else thought

35. Middle Linebacker is extremely deep this year

36. Alphonso Smith may be the best pure cover corner in the draft, but don't ask for much else

37. William Moore is not living up to the hype

38. Taylor Mays and Myron Rolle may two of the most overhyped prospects in all of college football right now

39. Michael Hamlin is extremely underrated

40. 10 Juniors QB's have 1st Round talent

41. BYU will be in a BCS game this year

42. Washington is the best winless team in the country

43. The Big 12 may be as good as the SEC

44. The dispersal of talent is leading to more and more NFL guys playing in FCS, DII, and DIII schools

45. Ramses Barden, Nathan Brown, Jordan Scott, Bernard Scott, Billy Malone, Marquez Branson, Ladarius Webb, Lawrence Sidbury Jr are all names you should get to know

46. Two top former FBS players are now in the FCS, Rhett Bomar and Brandon Ore

47. Oklahoma is the best team in the nation

48. FIU is the worst team in the nation

49. Oklahoma v. UGA for the national title game

50. GO IRISH!!

hydro
09-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Cool rundown. Keeps us mortals in the know. I can't believe the QB class could be that bad.

PECKERWOOD
09-27-2008, 08:51 AM
Yo Dr. DB, give me your top 5 FS's this year.

Pinkerton Security
09-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Im watching Hardy from Ole Miss harrass Tebow up and down the field right now.... He looks pretty tough.

LtFinFan66
09-27-2008, 02:27 PM
So DB, what are you thinking of T. Pryor thus far in Columbus?

X-Era
09-28-2008, 08:58 AM
1. Starting with last night, as I said in my first batch of rankings before the season really began USC had a lot to overcome, replacing its OL, QB, and does not have a true #1 RB at this moment and prefers the RB by committee approach which I think they need to ditch.

2. Brian Cushing is very overrated at LB, and I would not touch him before Round 4. Slow, Can't shed blocks, can't blitz, and doesn't hit. Very much helped by playing with Rey and Clay.

3. Mark Sanchez is going to be a good NFL QB, I was skeptical at first but he's a good kid who can play. His attitude needs a little work, but no huge character flaw.

4. Enough about USC already, Brandon James is still the most dangerous man in college football that nobody knows about despite what Brandon Tate has done this season thus far.

5. LSU scares the hell out of me, and not in a good way.

6. UNC may just take the ACC

7. Matthew Stafford still has some proving to do

8. Brian Robiskie and Brian Hartline are not 1st Round WR's despite what their numbers may indicate

9. Jimmy Claussen may not be the answer for Notre Dame

10. Missouri is not as good as some people are saying they are

11. Sam Bradford may be one of the best QBs to ever play at Oklahoma and thats saying a lot, Id take him over any other player in college football right now.

12. Michael Johnson is falling down draft boards because he is not producing enough stats in a weak ACC.

13. Tim Tebow may just play QB in the NFL one day

14. Colorado will shock somebody in the Big 12

15. Chase Daniel is not an NFL QB

16. Georgia Tech is already way too good at the option

17. Unless a Junior QB declares this may be the worst QB class ever in the history of the NFL Draft

18. CJ Spiller may not be NFL ready anytime soon

19. Dante Love was the best Senior WR in the nation this year and he will be missed. Speedy recovery to him and good luck in the rest of life.

20. Louis Murphy is not living up to his preseason hype

21. Penn State is not for real yet

22. Texas v. Oklahoma will be the game of the year

23. If Oregon had a QB they could challenge for the Pac 10 title

24. Phillip Fulmer has completely screwed up Jonathan Crompton

25. Hunter Cantwell is not Brian Brohm, nor is he really that close at this point

26. Josh Freeman may be the next Daunte Culpepper with better speed and a quicker delivery

27. Michael Crabtree is without a doubt the best WR in the nation but Graham Harrell is no slouch tossing him passes

28. Best TE is college football right now may just be Jared Cook

29. Terrence Cody, Carl Moore, Corey Surrency, and Arkleon Hall were all JUCO steals

30. Jermaine Gresham may be a better TE prospect than Vernon Davis, but not a better athlete

31. Michael Oher is still the top OT in college football

32. Alex Mack is not the top OC in college football

33. Fili Moala makes the players around him better not the other way around

34. Duke has more talent than anybody else thought

35. Middle Linebacker is extremely deep this year

36. Alphonso Smith may be the best pure cover corner in the draft, but don't ask for much else

37. William Moore is not living up to the hype

38. Taylor Mays and Myron Rolle may two of the most overhyped prospects in all of college football right now

39. Michael Hamlin is extremely underrated

40. 10 Juniors QB's have 1st Round talent

41. BYU will be in a BCS game this year

42. Washington is the best winless team in the country

43. The Big 12 may be as good as the SEC

44. The dispersal of talent is leading to more and more NFL guys playing in FCS, DII, and DIII schools

45. Ramses Barden, Nathan Brown, Jordan Scott, Bernard Scott, Billy Malone, Marquez Branson, Ladarius Webb, Lawrence Sidbury Jr are all names you should get to know

46. Two top former FBS players are now in the FCS, Rhett Bomar and Brandon Ore

47. Oklahoma is the best team in the nation

48. FIU is the worst team in the nation

49. Oklahoma v. UGA for the national title game

50. GO IRISH!!

28. :up: Id still prefer Gresham, but Cook would be my #2 over Beckum (too slim), and Pettigrew (off the field problems)

30. :up:

37. :down: William Moore is one impressive player, he is like Visa, hes everywhere you need to be

47. :down: Alabama is probably the best team in the nation. Ok still hasnt beaten anyone worth a crap.

A few of mine:

Matt Stafford is the best QB prospect in the past 5 years, there I said it. He has everything you want and more. Hes not as good as Peyton was as a prospect, but hes close... very close.

Sen'derrick Marks is a stud

Aaron Curry is the top OLB prospect by alot. the following guys dont impress me much at all:

Marcus Freeman
Brian Cushing
Clint Sintim

Everrette Brown may be one of the best DE prospects if he declares... Im not impressed with Tyson Jackson.

Jeremy Maclin is an absolute beast.

DraftBoy
09-28-2008, 10:10 AM
Top 5 FS:
Derek Pegeus
David Bruton
William Moore
Rashad Johnson
Courtney Greene

X-Era
09-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Top 5 FS:
Derek Pegeus
David Bruton
William Moore
Rashad Johnson
Courtney Greene

Your missing chung

X-Era
09-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Top 5 FS:
Derek Pegeus
David Bruton
William Moore
Rashad Johnson
Courtney Greene

BTW

I have watched more college ball so far this year then in the past decade during the season. Im anxious to have healthy debate.

:up:

DraftBoy
09-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Chung is going to be a NFL SS not FS because he plays ROV with Oregon.

DraftBoy
09-28-2008, 12:06 PM
As for Pryor, I want to see him throw some more. He impressed me against USC with his play after the game was over. No doubt he can run but my questions are around his arm and head not his legs.

DraftBoy
09-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Oklahoma beat a good TCU team last night. I'm not sold on Alabama to be honest I just don't like JP Wilson. We'll see how they do in the next few weeks.

Stafford is far from the best prospect at QB. He has way too many mental errors at this point in his career.

I agree with everything else except for about Jaclson. He impresses me a good deal.

X-Era
09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Oklahoma beat a good TCU team last night. I'm not sold on Alabama to be honest I just don't like JP Wilson. We'll see how they do in the next few weeks.

Stafford is far from the best prospect at QB. He has way too many mental errors at this point in his career.

I agree with everything else except for about Jaclson. He impresses me a good deal.

Watch Tyson next game he plays and watch how he loafs on plays that arent his way. His build isnt great, hes doesnt get a great push... I dont know man, hes just questionable to me.

I continue to be impressed with Everette Brown.

In the potential free agent watch, Carlos Dansby doesnt impress me much at all. Hes another guy who just goes through the motions alot and often will not get in on a run play if its not directly at him.

DraftBoy
09-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Watch Tyson next game he plays and watch how he loafs on plays that arent his way. His build isnt great, hes doesnt get a great push... I dont know man, hes just questionable to me.

I continue to be impressed with Everette Brown.

In the potential free agent watch, Carlos Dansby doesnt impress me much at all. Hes another guy who just goes through the motions alot and often will not get in on a run play if its not directly at him.

Jackson is dominating this year because he is forcing teams to run away from him and facing constant double teams and being chipped.

Brown is extremely impressive but he's nowhere near the complete package that Jackson is. Brown needs to stay in school another year.

LtFinFan66
09-29-2008, 07:57 PM
As for Pryor, I want to see him throw some more. He impressed me against USC with his play after the game was over. No doubt he can run but my questions are around his arm and head not his legs.Did you not see any of the Minnesota game this past week?

DraftBoy
09-29-2008, 08:24 PM
Did you not see any of the Minnesota game this past week?

I did but if I based my entire analysis off of one sole game then I would be doing you all an injustice.

LtFinFan66
09-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Valid point