• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Fears

Let's hope the talk last week about the Raiders game being the trap game doesn't spill over to this weekends tilt. This could actually be Buffalo's real trap game.

The Bills are facing a team that has only won 3 games in their past 19. The QB replacement has shaken things up and Green may have something to prove.

Buffalo also faces a team with another head coach who's ass is on the line.

I'm hoping the team can step up their game and don't get caught in the trap. I know St Louis sucks and all and the Bills are on their way to being a team of destiny but it's games like this that they have to lay downa serious licking and show the rest of the NFL that they are for real.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Fears

That's why we better control the clock on Offense and just bring the heat hard on D.

I sure the film review of the Raiders game wasn't a good one for the Bills. Some backsides got chewed on pretty good. They probably can't wait to get on the field and prove something to the coaches.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

With all of their personnel changes, and the amount of talking by the players and Linehan, they seem to really be pointing to this game. We're going to have to play better than we did against the Raiders.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I think all the extra curricular stuff and lineup changes are actually gonna hurt the Rams, not help.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• imbondz
          Democrats are people too
          • Jan 2003

these are the games we have consistently lost over the past 8 years. games we should have won. this team has to get over that hurdle to be considered a true contender this year. Last week was hurdle #1.
          My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla admin
            • Jul 2002

The Bills looked like crap against the Raiders until the 4th quarter. We can't afford a repeat of that performance.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

this is step number four towards our goal, and it doesn't look easy. I really hope that all of our players shpw up, and change our culture of the last ten years.
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
                The Bills looked like crap against the Raiders until the 4th quarter. We can't afford a repeat of that performance.
                I think we can blame that on the fact that they were still tired from playiung in the heat in Jax.
                When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
                  these are the games we have consistently lost over the past 8 years. games we should have won.
                  Exactly. That is why they have to play extra tough tomorrow.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                    I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by northernbillfan
                    I think we can blame that on the fact that they were still tired from playiung in the heat in Jax.
                    I hope so, because otherwise there is no excuse for the play level we showed last week. IMO we were expecting to win that game, only by walking around the field. Hopefully coaches and players can realize now, that we have to earn each victory, and that there are no longer on the NFL sure wins.
                    The Mexican & too!!

Comment

• shelby
                      The Vanilla admin
                      • Jul 2002

That's what i'm talking about, amigo. The games we're heavily favored to win always make me nervous. The Bills need to live up to the hype!

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        • Sep 2004

we will, we will................rock you!!!
                        The Mexican & too!!

Comment

• Bufftp
                          Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Let's hope the talk last week about the Raiders game being the trap game doesn't spill over to this weekends tilt. This could actually be Buffalo's real trap game.

The Bills are facing a team that has only won 3 games in their past 19. The QB replacement has shaken things up and Green may have something to prove.

Buffalo also faces a team with another head coach who's ass is on the line.

I'm hoping the team can step up their game and don't get caught in the trap. I know St Louis sucks and all and the Bills are on their way to being a team of destiny but it's games like this that they have to lay downa serious licking and show the rest of the NFL that they are for real.
                          I have good news for you NBF
                          First we're playing the Rams not the Packers.
                          Second last week the Raiders were playing to keep Kiffin.
                          This week the players of St. Louis are in open rebellion against their coach Scott Linehan.
                          Big difference in team attitude.
                          Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                          "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                          Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                          - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                          to be led by permanent ideals -
                          that is what keeps a man patient
                          when the world ignores him,
                          and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bufftp
                            I have good news for you NBF
                            First we're playing the Rams not the Packers.
                            Second last week the Raiders were playing to keep Kiffin.
                            This week the players of St. Louis are in open rebellion against their coach Scott Linehan.
                            Big difference in team attitude.
                            Packers?? Where did that come from? The raiders are actually a good team and one of the big differences is they have one of the best CBs I've seen in the league in long time. And yeah they were playing to keep Kiffen alive for another week.

Perhaps the Rams do hate linehan enough to throw the game.

Comment

• Bufftp
                              Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Packers?? Where did that come from? The raiders are actually a good team and one of the big differences is they have one of the best CBs I've seen in the league in long time. And yeah they were playing to keep Kiffen alive for another week.

Perhaps the Rams do hate linehan enough to throw the game.
                              from your original post

I wouldn't say throw the game. but won't be motivated to save their coach like raiders were.
                              Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                              "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                              Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                              - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                              to be led by permanent ideals -
                              that is what keeps a man patient
                              when the world ignores him,
                              and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

Working...
                              X