PDA

View Full Version : Fears

northernbillfan
09-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Let's hope the talk last week about the Raiders game being the trap game doesn't spill over to this weekends tilt. This could actually be Buffalo's real trap game.

The Bills are facing a team that has only won 3 games in their past 19. The QB replacement has shaken things up and Green may have something to prove.

Buffalo also faces a team with another head coach who's ass is on the line.

I'm hoping the team can step up their game and don't get caught in the trap. I know St Louis sucks and all and the Bills are on their way to being a team of destiny but it's games like this that they have to lay downa serious licking and show the rest of the NFL that they are for real.

Night Train
09-27-2008, 10:01 AM
That's why we better control the clock on Offense and just bring the heat hard on D.

I sure the film review of the Raiders game wasn't a good one for the Bills. Some backsides got chewed on pretty good. They probably can't wait to get on the field and prove something to the coaches.

Jan Reimers
09-27-2008, 10:03 AM
With all of their personnel changes, and the amount of talking by the players and Linehan, they seem to really be pointing to this game. We're going to have to play better than we did against the Raiders.

yordad
09-27-2008, 10:16 AM
I think all the extra curricular stuff and lineup changes are actually gonna hurt the Rams, not help.

imbondz
09-27-2008, 10:21 AM
these are the games we have consistently lost over the past 8 years. games we should have won. this team has to get over that hurdle to be considered a true contender this year. Last week was hurdle #1.

shelby
09-27-2008, 10:22 AM
The Bills looked like crap against the Raiders until the 4th quarter. We can't afford a repeat of that performance.

The last buffalo fan
09-27-2008, 10:39 AM
this is step number four towards our goal, and it doesn't look easy. I really hope that all of our players shpw up, and change our culture of the last ten years.

northernbillfan
09-27-2008, 10:43 AM
The Bills looked like crap against the Raiders until the 4th quarter. We can't afford a repeat of that performance.I think we can blame that on the fact that they were still tired from playiung in the heat in Jax.

northernbillfan
09-27-2008, 10:44 AM
these are the games we have consistently lost over the past 8 years. games we should have won.Exactly. That is why they have to play extra tough tomorrow.

The last buffalo fan
09-27-2008, 11:08 AM
I think we can blame that on the fact that they were still tired from playiung in the heat in Jax.

I hope so, because otherwise there is no excuse for the play level we showed last week. IMO we were expecting to win that game, only by walking around the field. Hopefully coaches and players can realize now, that we have to earn each victory, and that there are no longer on the NFL sure wins.

shelby
09-27-2008, 11:11 AM
That's what i'm talking about, amigo. The games we're heavily favored to win always make me nervous. The Bills need to live up to the hype!

The last buffalo fan
09-27-2008, 11:24 AM
we will, we will................rock you!!! :gobills:

Bufftp
09-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Let's hope the talk last week about the Raiders game being the trap game doesn't spill over to this weekends tilt. This could actually be Buffalo's real trap game.

The Bills are facing a team that has only won 3 games in their past 19. The QB replacement has shaken things up and Green may have something to prove.

Buffalo also faces a team with another head coach who's ass is on the line.

I'm hoping the team can step up their game and don't get caught in the trap. I know St Louis sucks and all and the Bills are on their way to being a team of destiny but it's games like this that they have to lay downa serious licking and show the rest of the NFL that they are for real.
I have good news for you NBF
First we're playing the Rams not the Packers.
Second last week the Raiders were playing to keep Kiffin.
This week the players of St. Louis are in open rebellion against their coach Scott Linehan.
Big difference in team attitude.

northernbillfan
09-27-2008, 11:34 AM
I have good news for you NBF
First we're playing the Rams not the Packers.
Second last week the Raiders were playing to keep Kiffin.
This week the players of St. Louis are in open rebellion against their coach Scott Linehan.
Big difference in team attitude.Packers?? Where did that come from? The raiders are actually a good team and one of the big differences is they have one of the best CBs I've seen in the league in long time. And yeah they were playing to keep Kiffen alive for another week.

Perhaps the Rams do hate linehan enough to throw the game.

Bufftp
09-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Packers?? Where did that come from? The raiders are actually a good team and one of the big differences is they have one of the best CBs I've seen in the league in long time. And yeah they were playing to keep Kiffen alive for another week.

Perhaps the Rams do hate linehan enough to throw the game.

from your original post

I wouldn't say throw the game. but won't be motivated to save their coach like raiders were.

northernbillfan
09-27-2008, 11:56 AM
from your original postTrent Green is in for Marc Bulger.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2008, 12:12 PM
If we get the 4th quarter effort from last week in most of our quarters this week, we'll be fine.

YardRat
09-27-2008, 12:46 PM
There is no worse situation than a young, over-achieving team going on the road against an 0-fer-the-season-so-far squad.

northernbillfan
09-27-2008, 12:49 PM
There is no worse situation than a young, over-achieving team going on the road against an 0-fer-the-season-so-far squad.That's what worries me.

However to call them overachieving is wrong.

The Bills lost games last season in the final minutes against Dallas and Denver to name just a couple.

ServoBillieves
09-27-2008, 01:59 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=161764

:smile:

I do agree with you north, though, this has all the fixings of a trap game, especially since we're heading to Arizona next weekend.

If Steven Jackson gets angry with the play calling or gets frustrated with Trent Green, he'll be dragging people with him down the field. As for Donnie Avery, Randy McMichael and Torry Holt, the guys all know how to make plays (I don't know if Donnie Avery can make plays, but he can sure make up danes).

Their D is pretty bad, but with Trent, you still can't really tell.

I billieve it's a win, I think it's a 7-10 point win, but a win nonetheless.

bills7834
09-27-2008, 08:04 PM
these are the games we have consistently lost over the past 8 years. games we should have won. this team has to get over that hurdle to be considered a true contender this year. Last week was hurdle #1.
The Bills have lost a lot of games with the current coaching staff, but not games like this. The Bills have lost to teams that they should have lost to. They beat all the teams they should have. There just were not many teams they were better then. I don't gamble much but a good friend of mine says he always bets the Bills to cover the spread because they usually cover it. This is an easy win. If everyone is worried about this game then I will hate to see the rest of the games. This Rams team is the worst team in the :drama: NFL with the other team in Missouri a close second.

northernbillfan
09-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I knew I was worried about this game for a reason.