PDA

View Full Version : Hardy and McKelvin...

HHURRICANE
09-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Time for the rookies to step up!!

With Roscoe Parrsih out I would think that McKelvin is taking on the kick duty full time in his place.

I actually think the offense could be better with Hardy vs. Parrish long term so this is a good time to find out.

Any thoughts??

VeggieMan14
09-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Time for the rookies to step up!!

With Roscoe Parrsih out I would think that McKelvin is taking on the kick duty full time in his place.

I actually think the offense could be better with Hardy vs. Parrish long term so this is a good time to find out.

Any thoughts?? this is a great opportunity for both of them to earn their pay

TrEd FTW
09-27-2008, 02:20 PM
It's a good situation for them, especially with a couple of lesser opponents and a bye week before the big dog, San Diego, comes to town. They'll have ample time to adjust and glean confidence ahead of the Bills' biggest game of the season.

I'm still a little wary of the Cardinals game, but the Bills -- if they are who I think they are -- should win in Arizona. Tomorrow's game ought to be easy enough.

Mad Bomber
09-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Some people on this board have been "disappointed" in Hardy. He simply has not had the opportunity to play.

Let's see how he does now that he will have the opportunity. Playing against a lesser defense will be a good training/warmup for him.

I am excited to see what this kid can do. I'm not expecting instant stardom, as it usually takes WRs some time to adjust from the college to the Pro game (this ain't the Big 10)...we're not in Indiana anymore Toto...

ServoBillieves
09-27-2008, 02:29 PM
I see Fred Jackson splitting time with Leodis on Punt Return, and James Hardy does need to earn his pay.

What I personally would like to see, is in four wides where Roscoe would've been, finally let Stevie Johnson play, and see what he can do.

Mad Bomber
09-27-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm also interested in seeing what McKelvin (McLovin?) can do in the return game. He was INCREDIBLE in college, but he's up against the big boys now...

TrEd FTW
09-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Well, hopefully last week's 56-yard return was a harbinger of things to come. Leo drew Hester comparisons coming from Troy, so he may even be better than Roscoe at some point. Pretty amazing, the return depth we have.

TigerJ
09-27-2008, 02:36 PM
I think the Bills' coaches were willing to bring these two guys along slowly since Roscoe's been having a pretty good year so far, but Sunday definitely provides an opportunity to show everyone why they were drafted high. Hardy definitely provides a diferent dimension as an offensive threat than Roscoe Parish does. They're each dangerous in their own way when operating to their full potential. Once Hardy gets going, I can see Turk Schonert doing a lot of situational substituting between the two of them. Trent would have to be able to keep them straight because they aren't going to run the same way, and they have very different physiques. He can maybe lead Roscoe more than Hardy because Roscoe can catch up to the ball faster. He can throw the ball high to Hardy in traffic and Hardy can go up and get it where Roscoe can't. If Trent can keep the two guys straight, it could be very confusing to defenses because DBs can't play the two guys the same way.