PDA

View Full Version : Teams to pull for today "Week 4"

Bravo82
09-28-2008, 02:48 AM
i know its only week 4, but every week is important in this league. even though the #1 goal today is for the bills to beat st louis and advance to 4-0, there are still some important games to look at just in case things dont go as planned for the bills.

Browns (0-3)
Bengals (0-3)

we need to pull for the bengals here. even tho both of these teams more than likely stand little shot of contending for a wildcard, the browns can get out of a 1-3 hole much easier than the bengals. if the clowns can start 0-4, it will take a miracle for them to contend for a wildcard. they would have to go 10-2 to finish just to go 10-6. very unlikely with their schedule. knock em out early.

texans (0-2)
jags (1-2)

need to pull for the jags. since we hold the tiebreaker over them, the jags getting to 2-2 this week wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. even if we lose to the lambs we would still control our own destiny over the jags. we dont play the texans tho. so knocking them to 0-3 really puts a damper on their playoff chances as well.

denver 3-0
chiefs 0-3

this can be seen both ways. if the broncos win, the chiefs would be pretty much done at 0-4. likewise, we are in contention with denver for home field advantage (still really early but if we can get a leg up on them here early it would be huge). either way, i think our game with denver in week 16 is going to have huge playoff implications. unlikely for the chiefs to pull one out here, but if they do, it will be a big help down the line.

cards 2-1
jests 1-2

ok this is the obvious and most important non-bills game this week. we need arizona to roll the jets. 1-3 would be a pretty big hole for them and might make jett favre reconsider his comeback. this could cause their season to spiral downhill big time. cant let them stay in it at 2-2.

vikings 1-2
titans 3-0

clearly need minnesota to come through today. like denver, tennessee is a team that we are currently in contention with for homefield advantage and a possible first round bye. minnesota has the fire power with AP to get things done and pull one out.

chargers 1-2
raiders 1-2

need the raiders here since we already control the tiebreaker over them. we still have to play the chargers tho. and they are a pretty scary team. we need the chargers to keep digging themselves a hole here early. because they can go on a long winning streak at any given moment. gotta kick em when they are down. that beast could wake up and rip off a 7 game winning streak at any moment.

ravens 2-0
steelers 2-1

we want the steelers here. one less undefeated team left in the afc the better. pittsburgh is pretty banged up right now but it should be a close game. since both the browns and bengals are pretty much done in the north one of these guys is going to win the division. and again, controlling our own destiny early is key. we dont play either team this season so we really have no say in how their seasons are going to play out. go steelers and hopefully after this week we will be the ony undefeated team left in the afc :cool::cool::cool:

cue the haters :cool::cool::cool::cool:

BADTHINGSMAN
09-28-2008, 03:13 AM
Good write up, but I dont care about the Browns or Bengals heck let them tie. Texans wont be anywhere near the playoffs and Id like to see Jaguars knocked out early. Of course want the Jets,Titans,Broncos and Ravens to lose.

clumping platelets
09-28-2008, 03:20 AM
Texans over jags please :D

thenry20
09-28-2008, 03:35 AM
To get at least the 1 or 2 seed on the AFC we need the Titans, Broncos, and Ravens to start losing so I'm with you there, bravo. I'm not afraid of the Jests, so I wouldn't mind them winning over the Cards cuz we play them next week.

Luisito23
09-28-2008, 03:37 AM
GO KURT WARNER!!!....:respect:....Also I'm really hoping KC beats the :moon: out of the lucky Donkeys who I would hate to see go 4-0....

njsue
09-28-2008, 06:37 AM
Texans over jags please :D

The Texans seem to own the Jags. Mario Williams ought to have a feast against Jacksonville's depleated O line.

mybills
09-28-2008, 07:41 AM
I'm not sure I want the Cards to lose..that'll make them hungrier for a win next week. :ill:

Goobylal
09-28-2008, 07:45 AM
There should be no doubt about the Chefs-Broncos game. The Chefs are one of the worst teams in the league and we definitely want them beating the Broncos. I don't see it happening though.

shelby
09-28-2008, 08:04 AM
Brett Favre (http://www.nfl.com/players/brettfavre/profile?id=FAV540222) was listed as questionable Friday for the New York Jets (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkjets/profile?team=NYJ)' game against Arizona with a sore left ankle, but is expected to start against the Cardinals. The 38-year-old quarterback twisted his left ankle Monday night in New York's loss at San Diego. His ankle was tightly wrapped, but he appeared hardly hobbled during the half-hour of practice the media were allowed to watch Friday.

link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b23f5e&template=with-video&confirm=true)

Bufftp
09-28-2008, 08:09 AM
nice write up!

njsue
09-28-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm not sure I want the Cards to lose..that'll make them hungrier for a win next week. :ill:

The Cards won't lose to Gangreen. Once again Brett Favre may feel he should have stayed retired.

The :jetsuck: STILL.

lordofgun
09-28-2008, 09:43 AM
:bf1:

Agree with most of it, but definitely want the Texans over the Jags.

rockforlight
09-28-2008, 11:24 AM
The Bengals have more talent and an easier schedule than the Browns; I would dub them as more of a threat to the wildcard than Cleveland. That said, Palmer is out, Bengals lose.

BillsOwnAll
09-28-2008, 11:31 AM
We control our own destiny right now....16-0 GURANTEES AFC East title.

haha 1 game at a time. Nice write up but still to early.

FlyingDutchman
09-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Denver should be 1-2