PDA

View Full Version : Just for Meathead: Nice article on Josh Reed

shelby
09-28-2008, 07:26 AM
:up:

It all started in the second quarter of last week’s game, on a 10- yard running play around left end by Fred Jackson. Buffalo Bills receiver Josh Reed blocked Gibril Wilson, the Oakland Raiders’ safety. Wilson got off the block to chase Jackson, but Reed caught up with Wilson again and planted him on the ground as the play ended. “I saw [Wilson] wasn’t running full speed, and the play was still going,” Reed said. “So I ran down and got him. It wasn’t illegal. But he took it real, real personal.”
The battle had begun. Reed continued his relentless blocking, and by the time Marshawn Lynch scored on a 3-yard run midway through the fourth quarter, Wilson had endured enough. He hauled off and punched Reed, thereby getting himself kicked out of the game.
Call it just another day at the office for Reed, who has carved out a reputation as one of the better blocking receivers in the NFL.”
He’ll cut block you; he’ll pancake you,” said Bills receivers coach Tyke Tolbert. “He gets a couple knockdowns every game, and that’s hard to do for a wide receiver in the NFL.
He’s one of the most physical blockers that I’ve ever coached.”
Reed enters today’s game against the St. Louis Rams with a team-high 13 receptions on the season. Now in his seventh year, the 5-foot-10, 208-pounder is entrenched in his role as a slot receiver who sees plenty of action on first and second downs because of his ability to play physical in the run game.

more.... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/450112.html)

Mitchy moo
09-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Big game today, get em' Josh.

Meathead
09-28-2008, 08:06 AM
you know what you all are

BillsOwnAll
09-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Hes in his seventh year?? Wow i remember him in college. I picked him up this week in my fantasy league he better produce! haha.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Way to not quit, 7th year though wow I didnt realize he has been here that long.

Cntrygal
09-28-2008, 09:56 AM
“I’ve always liked to block but I guess what set it off was something Tyke told me a long time ago,” Reed said. “He said if you’re going across the middle and a DB has a free shot to take your head off, he will. Plain and simple. It will make him look good and feel good.”

“So that’s just the mentality I take into it,” Reed said. “You’re going to try to take my head off, so what should stop me from trying to take your head off?”

AWESOME!!!

“I was joking with Lee [Evans] that I’m going to go out there with a GPS to find the end zone,” Reed said. “But it’ll come.”

“What matters is we’re winning,” Reed said. “That overshadows everything. It’s so much fun to win.”

:rofl:

Great article!!!

BADTHINGSMAN
09-28-2008, 09:58 AM
[I]“I was joking with Lee [Evans] that I’m going to go out there with a GPS to find the end zone,” Reed said. “But it’ll come.”

:rofl:

mybills
09-28-2008, 10:10 AM
I saw that fight and was surprised. I couldn't really hear the tv, but I've never known Josh to be a fighter so I didn't think he started it. In a way, I guess he did. lol.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Reed = best all-around WR on the team.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Reed does exactly what he is expected to do: catch the tough passes over the middle, move the chains, and block. I'm sure glad we didn't cut him, as a few of the armchair GMs on here wanted.

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Reed was at it again today. Getting into a shoving match with the D :snicker:

VeggieMan14
09-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Reed was at it again today. Getting into a shoving match with the D :snicker: He is definately the BAMF of the team

Meathead
09-28-2008, 08:59 PM
lets figure out a way to punish reed haters mercilessly

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
lets figure out a way to punish reed haters mercilessly
:catfight: