PDA

View Full Version : Getting pissed at Hardy.

X-Era
09-28-2008, 03:42 PM
I dont care that hes got a guy on him, we drafted him for his ability to battle for the ball... for his size. But he cant catch. That makes him useless.

Hes a rookie, and he could turn it all around, but I am unimpressed.

hydro
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
Now does everyone know why he hasn't played much? :up:

njsue
09-28-2008, 03:45 PM
I dont care that hes got a guy on him, we drafted him for his ability to battle for the ball... for his size. But he cant catch. That makes him useless.

Hes a rookie, and he could turn it all around, but I am unimpressed.

Cut him some slack. He will improve his game.

TheBrownBear
09-28-2008, 03:46 PM
Guy sucks. He doesn't adjust to the ball; something that all of the good ones instinctually do. I'm not optimistic about this guy. Those were good balls by Trent. It good receiver would have grabbed one of them for a TD.

X-Era
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Cut him some slack. He will improve his game.

If slack means him dropping or not catching TD's in the endzone, how much should we "cut" him? How many TD throws can we afford to blow?

BuffRanger
09-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Three terrible plays by McKelvin now too. Rookies are coming up microscopic for Buffalo.

hydro
09-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Guy sucks. He doesn't adjust to the ball; something that all of the good ones instinctually do. I'm not optimistic about this guy. Those were good balls by Trent. It good receiver would have grabbed one of them for a TD.

That isn't all instinct man. That is stuff he can learn. He just needs some more experience.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Frustration that he can snag the ball in the Jag game but he cant get these. He isnt using his height. Fight for the damn ball already.

Joe Fo Sho
09-28-2008, 04:21 PM
He can tackle though, don't cut him yet!!!

DrastiK
09-28-2008, 05:50 PM
He was interfered with i think each time. The refs weren't callin anything.

EricStratton
09-28-2008, 05:52 PM
I hope he can learn to make the adjustments. Hopefully good coaching and experience will change his game.

Mitchell55
09-28-2008, 05:53 PM
Big recievers have alot more trouble than small ones.

Dr. Pepper
09-28-2008, 06:58 PM
He was interfered with i think each time. The refs weren't callin anything.

no he just needs to catch those balls.

buffalony85
09-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Josh Reed couldnt catch for 4 years, now he's got the best hands on the team.... give him some time.

LivingTheLife
09-28-2008, 07:08 PM
He's a rookie...let's give him a break.

BuffaloBillsStampede
09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Honestly though he did look like garbage today, but I wont give up on him for a while.

patmoran2006
09-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Lets keep it real.

He'll improve (hopefully) but right now he SUCKS and his being on the field doesnt help us.

X-Era
09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Lets keep it real.

He'll improve (hopefully) but right now he SUCKS and his being on the field doesnt help us.

Unfortunately your right.

And two guys that I was very high on look great... Desean and Eddie Royal

Anywyas, I think WR may need to be back on the needs list.

I just hope he steps up, hes got a month to do it while Parrish is out.

baalworship
09-28-2008, 07:49 PM
Receivers can take a while to adjust to the NFL...I am not worried yet.

Borosai
09-28-2008, 07:53 PM
His problem, which can be fixed, is that he's not grabbing the ball at the highest possible point: he's trying to catch it at his chest, and that's where the corners are. I'm sure he'll improve that.

Mad Bomber
09-28-2008, 08:08 PM
He showed today, in his first real NFL game, just how raw he is and how much he has to learn.

Yes, he's big, but he needs to learn how to get position and use his size to give him an advantage. He needs to be like a basketball forward and block out, so that he has the angle on the ball. He doesn't get that yet. James....we're not in the Big 10 anymore....these are pros.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Anywyas, I think WR may need to be back on the needs list.

Let's not go that far yet.

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 08:32 PM
we should've cut Moulds after his first year

PromoTheRobot
09-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Three terrible plays by McKelvin now too. Rookies are coming up microscopic for Buffalo.
BULLETIN: They draft rookies, not 6-year Pro Bowlers. "DING" You're Hot Pocket is ready.

PTR

Ron C.
09-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Rookie or not, he needs to catch balls that hit him in the hands.

Block "O"
09-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I was thrilled when we took Hardy over Sweed and Thomas. I think he just needs to learn how to position himself better on those "go up and get em" passes. Rookie WRs always struggle. Look at Calvin Johnson last year guys. 1st year rookies don't always contribute as much as Lynch, Edwards, and Whitner did.

X-Era
09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Let's not go that far yet.

Why not?

Hardy is as green as the hills, and isnt looking very polished.

I love the kid,. I think he has a real shot at being special.

But we need a solid, consistent, threat opposite of Evans.

Reed has stepped up but consistently enough to be our #2.

That leaves us #2-less. And hence, until proven differently, WR should be on our needs list.

X-Era
09-29-2008, 06:02 PM
I was thrilled when we took Hardy over Sweed and Thomas. I think he just needs to learn how to position himself better on those "go up and get em" passes. Rookie WRs always struggle. Look at Calvin Johnson last year guys. 1st year rookies don't always contribute as much as Lynch, Edwards, and Whitner did.

Calvin did not struggle as much as Hardy has, and he is a very good player already.

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
both Rooks will be fine. Chill out peeps.

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Calvin did not struggle as much as Hardy has, and he is a very good player already.
True but Calvin Johnson was one of the highest touted receivers to come out in years.

Ingtar33
09-29-2008, 06:14 PM
a lot of his problem is upper body strength, he's trying to out muscle pro CBs like he out muscled college CBs... he's not strong enough to play that way against pro DBs

when he improves his strength he'll be better.

Crazygoo
09-29-2008, 06:17 PM
I know he is a rookie but it seems if the ball isn't right in his hands he won't fight for it

X-Era
09-29-2008, 06:30 PM
I know he is a rookie but it seems if the ball isn't right in his hands he won't fight for it

He seemed tentative actually. He wasnt fighting for the ball, its almost like he expected it to land right in his hands and that he would be untouched. Thats rarely gonna happen when your supposed to be a possession receiver.

Some had worries that his tall but lanky frame may cause him to have trouble when battling for the ball. That it may affect his ability to be a true possession receiver.

At that point, your left with speed to get seperation and while Hardy is quick, hes not a blazer by any means.

I think he needs to spend lots of time at the jugs machine and that he needs to practice getting off or pushing off the coverage.

Did I just say jugs and getting off in the same stanza?

Ithink his sky is very high, and that he can be great, but he has alot of work yet to do.

Dr. Lecter
09-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Why not?

Hardy is as green as the hills, and isnt looking very polished.

I love the kid,. I think he has a real shot at being special.

But we need a solid, consistent, threat opposite of Evans.

Reed has stepped up but consistently enough to be our #2.

That leaves us #2-less. And hence, until proven differently, WR should be on our needs list.

So you give up on Hardy and draft a rookie who very well might not be ready next year?

Can the guy a season in him before we ship him out and bring in somebody else? Because if the Bills go WR hunting that is what will happen.

X-Era
09-29-2008, 06:42 PM
So you give up on Hardy and draft a rookie who very well might not be ready next year?

Can the guy a season in him before we ship him out and bring in somebody else? Because if the Bills go WR hunting that is what will happen.

Are you asking me now or at the end of the season? Those may be very different answers.

Right now, he has had chances, has made a great play, but also just played poorly when given a chance to step up.

Give up? Hell no, never. I think he can be great.

But right now, knowing what we know, we trust him as our #2 that we all agree we needed so desperately? Not #4 or even #3, but #2? I dont see that. I see him as a marginal starter at this point. The onus is on him to step up big time and quickly.

As I said when discussing this issue at the start of free agency, Id rather sign a WR than draft a rook. We need solid, consistent production now to kill the double teams.

Look, this team is 4-0. No one can complain about jack with that. 4-0 trumps any conversation about any supposed issue with the team. Im nit-picking. But I wanted a Bills blow out this past week, and after watching 4 drops (several for TD's) by Hardy, I got pissed. I also wonder how much Evans will lose out by not having a threat at #2. Thank god Josh Reed has played so well and stepped up frankly.

Yes, I think we should be trying to get a solid, consistent WR opposite Evans as soon as possible, and so far we havent seen it. That puts it on the needs list.