PDA

View Full Version : This looks like last year's ****ing team

OpIv37
09-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Wasting timeouts early in the half, stupid penalties, Jauron being outcoached on the trick plays, big plays in the run game, losing battles in the trenches on both sides of the ball, still not tackling properly when that was a huge problem last week, relying too much on young guys who aren't ready (McKelvin and Hardy), etc.

Everything we've fixed so far this season reverted to 2007 status in this first half.

If Jauron is worth a damn, he'll make halftime adjustments and we'll truck them in the second half.

This is just humiliating. They're an untalented team that's in complete disarray and they're crushing us.

billsburgh
09-28-2008, 04:45 PM
sad but true. there's no fire or emotion on this team. it's like they expected the rams to roll over and play dead.

YardRat
09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
When you turn on the oven, make sure you close all the windows before inserting your head.

Mitchell55
Wasting timeouts early in the half, stupid penalties, Jauron being outcoached on the trick plays, big plays in the run game, losing battles in the trenches on both sides of the ball, still not tackling properly when that was a huge problem last week, relying too much on young guys who aren't ready (McKelvin and Hardy), etc.

Everything we've fixed so far this season reverted to 2007 status in this first half.

If Jauron is worth a damn, he'll make halftime adjustments and we'll truck them in the second half.

This is just humiliating. They're an untalented team that's in complete disarray and they're crushing us.

WE ARE PLAYING A DESPERATE TEAM. What do you expect. Look at NE, Den, NYG, and Dallas right now.

Lexwhat

I agree. And by the way, why can't we show more creativity on 1st down? We have simple draw plays all the time.

We need to run some damn screens to counter their pass-rush.

Lexwhat
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
WE ARE PLAYING A DESPERATE TEAM. What do you expect. Look at NE, Den, NYG, and Dallas right now.

Who the hell cares?

When we suck, there's no reason to bring up other teams. It doesn't give us an excuse to suck.

The Giants aren't even playing today.

Mitchell55
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Who the hell cares?

When we suck, there's no reason to bring up other teams. It doesn't give us an excuse to suck.

The Giants aren't even playing today.

Its like a fight. If the other person is desperate, it doesnt matter how strong you are, it may be tough.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Nice over-reaction and panic!!!!!

Coach Sal
09-28-2008, 05:45 PM
EDIT with 6:00 left in the game: This looks exactly the opposite of last year's team!

hammerbillsfan
09-28-2008, 05:46 PM
yeah 14-6 was really crushing us :rolleyes:

hydro
09-28-2008, 05:47 PM
This 2nd half does NOT look like last years Bills :up:

TacklingDummy
09-28-2008, 05:47 PM

Mad Bomber last week, Op this week. :snicker:

Michael82
09-28-2008, 06:15 PM
The 1st half yes. But this team is doing something that other Bills teams have done before...making excellent adjustments at halftime. :dance:

:bf1:

Joe Fo Sho
09-28-2008, 06:18 PM
This looks like last year's ****ing team
You're talking about the Rams, right???

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2008, 06:22 PM
WHAT SAY YOU NOW OP???????

The Spaz
09-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Who would have thought? OP gave up already. What a game from Whitner today too...

2slowtogofast
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
so is jauron worth a damn? lol

capitolneal
09-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Wow what was wrong with that game????? U are taking a single half and making that ******ed statement. sir u need to be a RAMS fan so u can bit$$ and moan fir real

SABuffalo786
09-28-2008, 06:40 PM
I guess Op hasn't been introduced to Trent "4th Quarter" Edwards. :D

Dr. Pepper
09-28-2008, 06:43 PM
whitner for president!

honey
09-28-2008, 06:45 PM
:rofl:

I still Billieve! :up:

hydro
09-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!

:rockon:

Michael82
09-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!Whitner!

:rockon:
I love the way he's playing. He's definitely improved this year. Plus Ko Simpson and him are a great duo. :up:

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 07:10 PM

how do you want your crow served this week? mild, medium,hot ot extra hot?

I'm running out of flavors since you eat so much crow week after week.

trapezeus
09-28-2008, 07:18 PM
nothing op said about the first half was wrong at all. that was a spot on assessment of the poor play that got us in that mess. he didn't say, " this team sucks, i'm turning it off." he even said, jauron needs to make adjustments to be worth a damn.

i'm glad the second half bills emerged. we're still looking for a complete game from them

TacklingDummy
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM
how do you want your crow served this week? mild, medium,hot ot extra hot?

I'm running out of flavors since you eat so much crow week after week.

You won't run out. You have a silo full from the Losman/Edwards situation.

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 07:22 PM
You won't run out. You have a silo full from the Losman/Edwards situation.
wrong.

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 07:23 PM
nothing op said about the first half was wrong at all. that was a spot on assessment of the poor play that got us in that mess. he didn't say, " this team sucks, i'm turning it off." he even said, jauron needs to make adjustments to be worth a damn.

i'm glad the second half bills emerged. we're still looking for a complete game from them
overreaction. Thats what I'm pointing out.

mayotm
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM

i'm glad the second half bills emerged. we're still looking for a complete game from themThe Bills were pretty bad in the first half. However, Op won't come back and acknowledge that they made the adjustments and played a good second half. He will find something negative to say. Just how he is . He can't help it.

THATHURMANATOR
09-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Yeah Op they were crushing us..... :rolleyes:

yordad
09-28-2008, 07:36 PM
So, I guess he is worth a damn? How was 25-0 worth of adjustments?

(I was a bit surprised too)

trapezeus
09-28-2008, 07:37 PM
i just think we were all frustrated in that first half. i was at the nyc billsbacker bar and you could sense everyone was frustrated. no one left, but it's annoying to be trailing a team with a QB one hit away from dying, a coach who is on the hot seat, a defense that hasn't had more than 3 sacks all season, and never having the lead until the 4th game of the season.

i also think we've seen people write stuff explicitly saying, "i'm turning it off." knowing op's fandom, he watched the whole thing and probably was happy to see the fourth Q bills play better.

i'm in his boat too. i'd like to see 4 good quarters from the bills sooner rather than later to put some of the questions i have to rest. but 4-0 feels good no matter what way you cut it.

OpIv37
09-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Nice over-reaction and panic!!!!!

what over-reaction and panic? I said exactly what happened in the first half.

And props to Jauron and the rest of the coaching staff for doing their jobs in the 2nd half.

alohabillsfan
09-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey, we could be Dallas, Denver etc... Yes, we played like crap the first half again, But I for one at a sports bar said, no worries, we have them right where we want them. And I believe.

Mad Bomber
09-28-2008, 07:43 PM
So, I guess he is worth a damn? How was 25-0 worth of adjustments?

(I was a bit surprised too)
On Op's behalf, I have to say this...

If you look at the time of his original post, it was around halftime.

At that time I felt exactly the same way....

But we came out and smoked them, 25-0 in the second half.

I just got off the phone with Op....he was very happy with our 2nd half adjustments.... "nothing like last year"...

Don't rag on the man....he IS a HUGE Bills fan.

Go back in time to the end of the second quarter (which is when he posted this, and I agreed with him), and re-read his original post. Be honest...didn't a lot of you feel the same way?

Those of you who posted after 7 pm don't count, because hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20.

billsburgh
09-28-2008, 07:52 PM
these slow starts when nothing is working in the first half is going to come back to hurt the Bills when they play a team who can play for 4 quarters. It's great that they make good adjustments at halftime and play much better in the second half, but this is two weeks in a row where they look like total crap in the first half and have to come back in the second half.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 08:26 PM
what over-reaction and panic? I said exactly what happened in the first half.

And props to Jauron and the rest of the coaching staff for doing their jobs in the 2nd half.

"Crushing us"?

Everything fixed so far reverted to 2007, all in one half? 1/2 game > 3 games?

A little over the top in those descriptions, was my point.

The Bills did not play well, but give the Rams some credit. They played balls out.

Cntrygal
09-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Big difference between the 2008 team and every team in the last 10+ years.

They are playing to the finish now.

OpIv37
09-28-2008, 08:54 PM
"Crushing us"?

Everything fixed so far reverted to 2007, all in one half? 1/2 game > 3 games?

A little over the top in those descriptions, was my point.

The Bills did not play well, but give the Rams some credit. They played balls out.

I said everything reverted to 2007 DURING that half- I didn't say it was permanent. That description was 100% accurate, and if you don't believe me go back and read what everyone else was posting around halftime.

Mad Bomber
09-28-2008, 08:55 PM
The Rams played their asses off, and had their "home" crowd into the game for most of it.

It amazes me how fast that crowd turned on their team...it actually helped the Bills in the second half.

Meathead
09-28-2008, 08:56 PM
:lolpoint: op

OpIv37
09-28-2008, 08:57 PM
The Rams played their asses off, and had their "home" crowd into the game for most of it.

It amazes me how fast that crowd turned on their team...it actually helped the Bills in the second half.

ha, did you see how few people were in the stands? that was hardly a "crowd". I actually think more people were cheering for the Bills than the Rams at the end.

PromoTheRobot
09-28-2008, 08:58 PM
The Bills deserve to be railed on for how they played in the first half. If you don't see that, you're a blind homer and there's nothing I can do to help you.
No. I just wait until the end of the game to rip them a new one since they seem to play better in the 2nd half, or haven't you noticed?

Just admit it...you jumped the gun and now you look silly.

PTR

OpIv37
09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
No. I just wait until the end of the game to rip them a new one since they seem to play better in the 2nd half, or haven't you noticed?

Just admit it...you jumped the gun and now you look silly.

PTR

It's ridiculous to think they should get off the hook for how they played in the first half because they did better in the 2nd half. They get paid to play 4 quarters, not 2. They need to be accountable for their performance, and their performance in the first half was horrendous.

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 09:02 PM
They need to be accountable for their performance, and their performance in the first half was horrendous.I agree they have to be held accountable for finishing strong and winning the game.

How dare they?

mayotm
09-28-2008, 09:02 PM
It's ridiculous to think they should get off the hook for how they played in the first half because they did better in the 2nd half. They get paid to play 4 quarters, not 2. They need to be accountable for their performance, and their performance in the first half was horrendous.Mods, go ahead and warn me or whatever,..............

How would you like to be banned from the thread instead? Play nice or I won't. Thanks. ~CG

Mad Bomber
09-28-2008, 09:07 PM
31-14, Bryan. 31-14.

In my 45+ years of being a Bills fan, I have seen them play 4 good quarters and still get beat.

As much as I would love to see them play 4 solid quarters and win every game 56-0, I have learned that every team comes out flat at times, but the important thing is that they don't STAY flat. This team came out in the second half after a horrendous first half, and took over the game.

Please find it in your heart to forgive them for their first half performance.

Again...31-14 (after a 14-6 halftime score).

Oh, by the way, did I mention that the final score was 31-14?

Cntrygal
09-28-2008, 09:11 PM
ha, did you see how few people were in the stands? that was hardly a "crowd". I actually think more people were cheering for the Bills than the Rams at the end.

Yeah lol... did you see the one guy sitting all by himself there at the end? The camera's caught him a few times. Reminded me of a Bills fan not too long ago. :(

I also agree - that the Bills didn't look good in the first half (or the Rams looked great). The important thing is that they didn't give it up at the end.

ALTHOUGH - if the Bills want to be successful in the PO's or beyond... they need to play ALL FOUR QUARTERS!!!

Mad Bomber
09-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah lol... did you see the one guy sitting all by himself there at the end? The camera's caught him a few times. Reminded me of a Bills fan not too long ago. :(
The guy wearing the old school blue and yellow jersey? That guy looked miserable.

Ingtar33
09-28-2008, 09:24 PM
we played like crap and beat the rams by 17

when, since the no-huddle bills could we say that?

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm a homer so I'll make the excuse for Jauron. We didn't have tape on Green and the changes they made ,so we struggled in the first half. During halftime we made the adjustments and then made goat stew out of Green and the changes they made.

What do I win?

Cntrygal
09-28-2008, 09:26 PM
The guy wearing the old school blue and yellow jersey? That guy looked miserable.

Yep that was the one!

Philagape
09-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Win. They get paid to win.

What this team has is resiliency, the will to overcome adversity -- including self-imposed adversity. It's like last year's team, overcoming myriad injuries and their own lack of talent on and off the field, and playing above themselves. The difference is, last year that still meant 7-9, and now it means 4-0 so far. Last year's team had no business being 7-9. Some may say the Bills don't deserve to be 4-0 now. But they are, and they've earned it.
They also have great skill at adjusting in-game, something we haven't seen for a long time.

OpIv37
09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm a homer so I'll make the excuse for Jauron. We didn't have tape on Green and the changes they made ,so we struggled in the first half. During halftime we made the adjustments and then made goat stew out of Green and the changes they made.

What do I win?

I don't like excuses so I'm not buying the "tape on Green" excuse. For ****'s sake, he played for our division rival last year. We damn well better have tape on him.

However, I agree with you on the halftime adjustments- they were extremely effective. It's an area where our coaches have struggled in the past but have been spectacular this year.

Buffalogic
09-29-2008, 02:26 AM
25 unanswered points in the second half. That's a pretty good whooping.

Easy to recognize it would have been a lot more without the careless penalties. And if James Hardy wanted to catch one of those TD passes that would have helped as well.

We won dude. Nothing to really jump over a cliff about...

Night Train
09-29-2008, 05:00 AM
60 minutes of football, genius.

Jan Reimers
09-29-2008, 07:18 AM
I have to admit that like Op, I was totally livid with the way we played (or didn't play) the first half. I was *****ing and swearing and scaring my poor dogs. But I knew we could come back, so I didn't post or in anyway commit my frustration to the public record.

Sometimes, you're better off keeping your thoughts to yourself.

imbondz
09-29-2008, 07:21 AM
Op just likes to hear himself b**** that's all.

methos4ever
09-29-2008, 08:07 AM
I have to admit that like Op, I was totally livid with the way we played (or didn't play) the first half. I was *****ing and swearing and scaring my poor dogs. But I knew we could come back, so I didn't post or in anyway commit my frustration to the public record.

Sometimes, you're better off keeping your thoughts to yourself.
Jan,
I don't think it's the post post-facto, but rather the defense of the post despite the win that is getting most people's goats.

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2008, 08:14 AM
This may be a testiment to this team but at half time I was not concerned at all. I also generally am "OP like" while watching games I freak out and scream but I was very calm yesterday. It may have been the fact that I was watching it at my Grandmothers with my entire family but I don't think that was why.

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2008, 08:14 AM
Op just likes to hear himself b**** that's all.
:bf1:

Griff
09-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Bet you feel silly now.

justasportsfan
09-29-2008, 09:09 AM
OP's assessment was spot on actually. At least he's more consistent with his overreaction while the others here conveniently forgot to blame the mistakes on the qb.

Dujek
09-29-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm going to agree with Op here. Everything he said made perfect sense when he said it. The Bills were playing poorly and didn't just look like the 2007 Bills, they were starting to look like the 2005 Bills.

The Bills needed the coaches to make some adjustments at half time to win the game, and those adjustments were made. A solid 3rd quarter and a great 4th quarter followed.

I don't understand why everyone's ripping on him for this. Especially when he said he thought the Bills coaches should be able to make the changes to win the game, which they then did.

Dujek
09-29-2008, 09:15 AM
OP's assessment was spot on actually. At least he's more consistent with his overreaction while the others here conveniently forgot to blame the mistakes on the qb.

Edwards made two mistakes he can be blamed for. Quite a few of his incompletions yesterday hit receivers in the hands, you can hardly blame Edwards for Hardy's case of the dropsies.

There was the sack he gave up when trying to force a play when he should simply have thrown the ball away sooner, and there was the interception. Other than that he had a good game.

justasportsfan
09-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Edwards made two mistakes he can be blamed for. Quite a few of his incompletions yesterday hit receivers in the hands, you can hardly blame Edwards for Hardy's case of the dropsies.

There was the sack he gave up when trying to force a play when he should simply have thrown the ball away sooner, and there was the interception. Other than that he had a good game.

While I agree with you, some people here say it's always the qb's fault.

blackonyx89
09-29-2008, 09:18 AM
While I agree with you, some people here say it's always the qb's fault.

As long as they win, it's all good. But they need to improve, especially against better healthier teams!

mybills
09-29-2008, 09:42 AM
they're crushing us.
:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
09-29-2008, 09:45 AM
On Op's behalf, I have to say this...

If you look at the time of his original post, it was around halftime.

At that time I felt exactly the same way....

But we came out and smoked them, 25-0 in the second half.

I just got off the phone with Op....he was very happy with our 2nd half adjustments.... "nothing like last year"...

Don't rag on the man....he IS a HUGE Bills fan.

Go back in time to the end of the second quarter (which is when he posted this, and I agreed with him), and re-read his original post. Be honest...didn't a lot of you feel the same way?

Those of you who posted after 7 pm don't count, because hindsight is ALWAYS 20-20.
I felt the same way at halftime as well. I was mad as hell, exactly how I felt about our team last year.

The only thing is Op jumped the gun and vented before he gave them a chance to adjust.