PDA

View Full Version : Who turned the TV off?

Michael82
09-28-2008, 06:29 PM
Last week Mad Bomber publicly stated that he couldn't handle it anymore and was digusted with the way the team played. He admitted to turning the TV off early. I was wondering if anyone did that this week. This team makes you pissed off and makes you stop believing, but I left it on and held out a bit of hope that they would find a way to turn it around. But man is it hard on the heart. :ill:

The Spaz
09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
OP tucked his tail between his legs...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-28-2008, 06:30 PM
I turned it off at half and had dinner with the Fam.

My wife made a great dinner.

I turned it back on when I was done and the score was 13-14 and I watched the rest.

Does that count?

Michael82
09-28-2008, 06:31 PM

I turned it back on when I was done and the score was 13-14 and I watched the rest.

Does that count?
Depends...would you have turned it off if the team wasn't playing like ****?

Mad Bomber
09-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Last week Mad Bomber publicly stated that he couldn't handle it anymore and was digusted with the way the team played. He admitted to turning the TV off early. I was wondering if anyone did that this week. This team makes you pissed off and makes you stop believing, but I left it on and held out a bit of hope that they would find a way to turn it around. But man is it hard on the heart. :ill:
Mad Bomber made a public confession last week, and a promise that it would never happen again.

Mad Bomber watched every second of this game, and will watch every second of every game for the rest of the season.

Mad Bomber is a BILLIEVER!

Damn, this third person crap makes Mad Bomber sound like The_Answer.

~Mad

Mr. Miyagi
09-28-2008, 06:33 PM

Does that count?
Depends on what you had for dinner.

You wife should not have called for dinner in the middle of a Bills game anyway. I made my wife wait until it's over.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Depends...would you have turned it off if the team wasn't playing like ****?

Yes. My wife went way yonder to too much trouble on a good dinner.....

LABillsFan
you guys didn't learn from the comeback game? It aint over till it's over and even if they get blown out you get to see how they handle themselves.

THE END OF ALL DAYS

You wife should not have called for dinner in the middle of a Bills game anyway. I made my wife wait until it's over.

I live with my wife. I dont live with Marshawn :)

Michael82
09-28-2008, 06:36 PM
Mad Bomber made a public confession last week, and a promise that it would never happen again.

Mad Bomber watched every second of this game, and will watch every second of every game for the rest of the season.

Mad Bomber is a BILLIEVER!

Damn, this third person crap makes Mad Bomber sound like The_Answer.

~Mad
Way to go! :hi5:

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 06:36 PM

Yeah, like we believe you make the decisions in your household. :rolleyes:

Novacane
09-28-2008, 06:37 PM
I never turn off a Bills game. Even when we're getting killed with a couple minutes to go and I know we are not gonna win.

VeggieMan14
09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
i never had a doubt in my mind that we would win that game

dannyek71
09-29-2008, 07:20 AM
I was sober all day for the game. Right before the Bills began to come back in the 2nd half, I made myself a strong drink.

I think I just need to be drunk for the games for the Bills to win.

Jan Reimers
09-29-2008, 07:28 AM
I didn't turn the TV off, but I called the Bills a number of not-so-pleasant names in the first half, and I scared my dogs into the next room.

But I know the Bills have a lot of heart, never quit, and play 60 minutes, so I got a lot happier in the 2nd half.

Dujek
09-29-2008, 07:30 AM
Watched it right the way through. It was great being able to watch it on TV and not having to watch it on the laptop. Same story next week, the Bills @ Cards is on live over here.

BlackMetalNinja
09-29-2008, 07:31 AM
I do not pay an assload of money to turn off the tv when things aren't going well. I was very frustrated and unhappy, but I didn't believe it was anywhere near out of reach and I continued to watch.

mybills
09-29-2008, 07:40 AM
The Satellite turned off at the bar. It went out a couple of times due to the weather. :mad: I lost the signal on my cell phone at the same time, then they both went back to normal. I watched the first half at the local bar with a friend who's a Rams fan, then went to the backer bar for the 2nd half, and they lost signals there, too. I didn't see enough of the game to get pissed, but I think that backers bar must be a magical place. :snicker:

TacklingDummy
09-29-2008, 07:42 AM

Not sticking up for either one but...

Mad Bomber complained after Oakland scored on an 84 yard TD reception with 7:53 left in the game putting Oakland up by 9. Any team up by 9 with 7:53 left should win the game. (2 scores, 7:53 left in game)

Op complained at halftime with the Rams leading by 8. (1 score, 30 minutes left in game)

Mercy
09-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Nobody interrupts me during the game for anything.

I don't understand fans who turn off the game. I just don't get it. When they pull it out, it's just too rewarding. And if they don't, I want to know exactly who to scream about.

syracuse76
09-29-2008, 08:05 AM
i took it all with a grain of salt. watched it all. we area 4thq team apparently. i wish we would be a all quarter team. but its fun. 4-0 either way you look at it.

Griff
09-29-2008, 09:06 AM
this team closes games out, keep your tvs on.

Meathead
09-29-2008, 09:29 AM
now dont take this the wrong way but you people are football pussies

Mercy
09-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I hate football pussies.

BAM
09-29-2008, 02:01 PM
I never turn off a Bills game. Even when we're getting killed with a couple minutes to go and I know we are not gonna win.

Me neither. It's pretty much a sin to me.

I rank it above coveting thy neighbor's wives and thou shalt not kill.

RockStar36
09-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Let me ask this...who would turn it off at all? I think only once or twice in my life have I ever shut a game off or walked away from the tv. Yesterday wasn't even close to that situation. You people need to man up and stick with the team.

THATHURMANATOR
09-29-2008, 02:57 PM
We were never down more than 8 points who the hell would turn off the TV?

RockStar36
09-29-2008, 03:03 PM

Fairweather fans who will be the first to brag about the win as if they have been a life long die hard fan.

justasportsfan
09-29-2008, 03:05 PM
I wasn't worried at all when we were behind the last 3 games.

ublinkwescore
09-29-2008, 03:05 PM
i never had a doubt in my mind that we would win that game

Same here...

I knew we weren't gonna lose.

Not once did I think about walking out of my apartment.

Friends were trying to tell me that "I had to be sweating it pretty bad in the first half" I swear up and down I wasn't worried about it.

Trent Edwards (AKA Captain Clutch) is a FREAKIN' WINNER!!!

ublinkwescore
09-29-2008, 03:06 PM
I wasn't worried at all when we were behind the last 3 games.

Jacksonville and Oakland both had me worried, but after those two games, the Rams game, I had calmer nerves.

kinigirly
09-29-2008, 03:07 PM
i missed the first 10 minutes of the game cause i couldn't turn off the jets game. so that's my only offense. i know better than to miss the end of a football game, especially with the bills lately. all of a sudden we are a 2nd half team this year so i know to not go to the bathroom during those last 2 quarters. being a fan of a team is like having a kid. you can't walk out of your kid's play halfway through it. you're committed whether or not what you're watching is great or horrific. you suck it up.

justasportsfan
09-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Jacksonville and Oakland both had me worried, but after those two games, the Rams game, I had calmer nerves.
not me. All those teams sucked offensively and wouldn't outlast our rotations if they don't blow us out by the first half.

Our D is still our strength and the O feeds off of the D stopping offenses. Dick keeps our D fresh to finish out the game.

tat2dmike77
09-29-2008, 03:08 PM

I did not turn the computer off (watched it online) yet i was saying WTF and this is BULL**** till the fourth quarter then i became happy.

This Bills season reminds me of last season with LSU and all the near misses that happened. I swear i had a few strokes and heart attacks last year watching LSU. I'm sure Devin will agree with me.

But hey i'm enjoying the ride. Yes the Bills did not blow them out like many predicted but they won and they have been winning games that playoff teams should win. My G/F doesn't know how to handle it both of my teams are winning. Saturdays are usually fine around here but we all know how sundays have been. She said it's weired to see you smiling about the Bills and LSU. Gotta love it.

OpIv37
09-29-2008, 03:09 PM
OP tucked his tail between his legs...

**** off.

I watch every second of every Bills game, no matter how bad it gets.

I only missed one play because a storm blew through and I lost my DirecTV signal and I couldn't get the Superfan online broadcast up in time.

tat2dmike77
09-29-2008, 03:11 PM

People who still find stuff to nit pick about with this team. People who think this team still sucks cause the Bills have not beaton a "quality" opponet yet. Those are the people who turned the TV off.

OpIv37
09-29-2008, 03:15 PM

While I would never personally do it, I can understand why someone who's watched this team over the last few years would do it. From 2005-2007, being 8 points down meant it was over for this team. It's only been the last few games that they've figured out how to come back and win.

yordad
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
I was sober all day for the game. Right before the Bills began to come back in the 2nd half, I made myself a strong drink.

I think I just need to be drunk for the games for the Bills to win.Now wait a minute... I thought it was because I forgot to put my jersey on and I pulled it out at halt time!

Well, I'm not telling anyone what you said, I'm still telling all my friends, family, and co-workerrs it was all my doing.

;)

DynaPaul
09-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Not me. I knew we'd make some adjustments in the second half. Like I predicted, I thought it'd be a close win. It didn't turn out that way though.