PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 teams (my opinion

Mitchell55
09-28-2008, 06:49 PM
1. NY- Superbowl champs and still dominant
2. Dal- lost, but still a great team
3. Buf- 1 of 2 4-0 teams.
4. Ten- Not a good O or ST, but D carries them
5. Phil- Lost to the 2nd best team, so they still should be a top 5 team.

njsue
09-28-2008, 06:52 PM

Hopefully Baltimore can hand Tennesse a loss next week.

Novacane
09-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Skins went into Dallas and won. They should be above the boys

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
1. Dallas
2. NYG
3. Tennessee
4. Buffalo

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 07:02 PM
1. Dallas
2. NYG
3. Tennessee
4. Buffalo

I can't see Dallas at #1 after losing at home.

1. NYG
2. Tennessee
3. Dallas/Buffalo

Bills4Life77
09-28-2008, 07:04 PM
1. Giants
2. Titans
3. Bills
4. Cowboys
5. Eagles

Michael82
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM

1. NYG
2. Tennessee
3. Dallas/Buffalo
Agreed. But I think it goes....

1. New Jersey Giants
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Buffalo Bills
4. Tennessee Titans
5. Washington Redskins

VeggieMan14
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
NYG
Philly
Buffalo
Skinss
Dallas
Tennessee
Baltimore

njsue
09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Tennesse scares the heck out of me. Albert Hanesworth dirty player.

Cortland Finnegan :nervous:

If we should face them in the playoffs.

VeggieMan14
09-28-2008, 07:15 PM

Cortland Finnegan :nervous: jason peters will take a dump on tennessee thats about all he can do but hey whatever helps

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 07:17 PM

Cortland Finnegan :nervous:

If we should face them in the playoffs.

Haynesworth had one dirty play in his career. He is not a dirty player.

TheBrownBear
09-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Tennessee looks really good to me. That offense is light years better with Collins at the helm. I'd have them above us right now. I think were probably the sixth or seventh best team in the league right now. I think we're good, but we've benefitted from the soft schedule.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM

1. NYG
2. Tennessee
3. Dallas/Buffalo
No team (minus NE) is going to be able to go the entire year without losing a few. That's just the reality of it; I'm kind of glad they lost this one, it brings them back down to earth a little and it might give them the kick in the ass they need to get it going full steam ahead. What's kind of sad is that we still haven't even seen the team play at 100% yet.

But your rankings are fair enough, naturally they will fluctuate week to week but I still think the best team in the league is Dallas, but not by as much as some people might think.

Mitchell55
09-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Tennessee looks really good to me. That offense is light years better with Collins at the helm. I'd have them above us right now. I think were probably the sixth or seventh best team in the league right now. I think we're good, but we've benefitted from the soft schedule.

Tenesse only has a D and a RB. No passing game or ST. They dont scare me. Buffalo should be in the top 5 right now just because of the 4-0.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Haynesworth had one dirty play in his career. He is not a dirty player.
I'm so tired of hearing people refer to him as a dirty player. He felt so bad about it after the game he was nearly in tears. Haynesworth is not a dirty player, he's not a bad person, he's not an evil person. He's a guy who made a mistake that 3/4th's of people who play football have made, he let emotions get the best of him. Some would say that Posluszny's hit on Jones-Drew was dirty too, should we label him too?

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 07:22 PM
How some of you still put Buffalo in front of Tennessee is mind boggling. Clearly you aren't watching the games.

Michael82
09-28-2008, 07:24 PM
I'm so tired of hearing people refer to him as a dirty player. He felt so bad about it after the game he was nearly in tears. Haynesworth is not a dirty player, he's not a bad person, he's not an evil person. He's a guy who made a mistake that 3/4th's of people who play football have made, he let emotions get the best of him. Some would say that Posluszny's hit on Jones-Drew was dirty too, should we label him too?
The main dirty players that I can think of are.....

1. Rodney Harrison - he's a piece of **** and thrives with cheap shots.
2. Vince Wilfork - he's known for what he did to JP Losman last year and has had other cheaps shots like that.
3. Roy Williams - known for his horse collar tackling, no matter how many times the league tells him no.

yordad
09-28-2008, 07:24 PM
1. Giants
2. Bills
3. Titans/Dallas

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 07:26 PM

Sometimes one play makes fans gets an idea in their head.

Players get a reputation and fans can't look past it. Hell, they still say Josh Reed drops the ball because of his 2nd season.

imbondz
09-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Tennessee is good because Fisher is a great coach. They're a good, physical team, who plays defense, runs the ball, and usually owns the time of possession. so frustrating to watch

Mitchell55
09-28-2008, 07:30 PM

Players get a reputation and fans can't look past it. Hell, they still say Josh Reed drops the ball because of his 2nd season.

Its mainly players like Lineman who do one thing, and then they are marked for life. I think its because they are known for being big nasty players who are supposed to have no feelings, so it makes them alot easier to be considered "dirty"

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM

Well, some fans are morons and should really WATCH THE FREAKING GAMES more often. As a former player and a person who lives the game every day I realize that that kind of stuff happens. I found myself doing stuff like that on occasion too, not to that level or that obvious but anyone who tells you they haven't taken a cheap shot at one point or another is a lying sack of excrement.

Bone
09-28-2008, 07:32 PM
1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Eagles
4. Titans
5. Bills

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 07:33 PM
1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Eagles
4. Titans
5. Bills
That's pretty solid. I'd still move the Titans up one more but good, objective list :bf1:

Mitchell55
09-28-2008, 07:33 PM
1. Cowboys
2. Giants
3. Eagles
4. Titans
5. Bills

Cowboys lost the right to be 1. I believe buffalo would beat Tennesse.

Akhippo
09-28-2008, 07:45 PM
I dont think we can use our soft schedule to assess our ranking right now. They are still a second tier team who needs to use the rest of the season to perfect their game.

Teams like Denver and San Diego along with Tenn's scare me it we play them now. Not to mention us having to play a Dallas or NYG.

All in all though, if the timeline stays on its course I think by playoff time we will be a force.

I have us about 9th.

imbondz
09-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Cowboys losing puts the Giants up to #1.

1. Giants
2. Cowboys
3. TN
4. Bills
5. Eagles

Generalissimus Gibby
09-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Bills/Titans or Titans/Bills. This changes soon probably but the last 2 undefeated teams. Sorry, but you go by record and these two teams are a combined 8-0 right now and nobody else is

Giggles, dominating their division and will probably win it
Iggles, Good team
Panthers

Mad Bomber
09-28-2008, 07:51 PM
I still put the Bills in the top 10, but not the top 5.

We have looked really bad for at least a half game in our last 3 games.

The thing I love about this team is their ability to come back, and FINISH games strong.

m1orenz
09-28-2008, 08:04 PM
1. NYG- defending champs, undefeated in a tough division so far
2. titians- undefeated, they can run and play defense which means they can beat anyone
3. bills- undefeated, play a complete game and they will jump the titians
4. rest of nfc east, I can't guess who is actually better right now

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Well, some fans are morons and should really WATCH THE FREAKING GAMES more often. As a former player and a person who lives the game every day I realize that that kind of stuff happens. I found myself doing stuff like that on occasion too, not to that level or that obvious but anyone who tells you they haven't taken a cheap shot at one point or another is a lying sack of excrement.

Hey I agree. Like I sai Haynesworth is not a dirty player. One bad (very bad) play that was caught on camera.

He is not Rodney Harrison or Conrad Dobler (before your time. :D)

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey I agree. Like I sai Haynesworth is not a dirty player. One bad (very bad) play that was caught on camera.

He is not Rodney Harrison or Conrad Dobler (before your time. :D)
Harrison deserves the label, he does it week in and week out. I've heard stories about Dobler but have never seen him play, what kind of things did he do that were dirty?

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Harrison deserves the label, he does it week in and week out. I've heard stories about Dobler but have never seen him play, what kind of things did he do that were dirty?

For one, he loved the leg whip. That was probably his biggest move. He tore up more than one knee with that move.

And he loved biting. And breaking fingers. And pretty muchanything else you could think of. Basically, he did anything he could to stop a defender from making a play.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2008, 08:35 PM

I wouldn't rank the Bills higher than teams that I don't think they could beat.

-Eagles
-Cowboys
-Tenn
-S.D.

I would consider all these teams around the same...

-Bills
-Pats
-Jets
-NYG
-Skins
-Panthers
-TB
-Pitt
-Denver
-Colts

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 08:36 PM

-Eagles
-Cowboys
-Tenn
-S.D.

I would consider all the teams around the same...

-Bills
-Pats
-Jets
-NYG
-Skins
-Panthers
-TB
-Pitt
-Denver
-Colts
:bf1:

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't know how you don't have the Giants on list #1.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
I don't know how you don't have the Giants on list #1.
Yeah, I don't get that either, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Mitchell55
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM

-Eagles
-Cowboys
-Tenn
-S.D.

I would consider all these teams around the same...

-Bills
-Pats
-Jets
-NYG
-Skins
-Panthers
-TB
-Pitt
-Denver
-Colts

We can defintley beat SD and Tennesse, Dallas and Philly will be a challenge.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Getting San Diego, at home, the week after the bye and the week before SD goes over to London is huge.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 08:40 PM
We can defintley beat SD and Tennesse, Dallas and Philly will be a challenge.
Please, tell me how we can "definitely" beat Tennessee?

Mitchell55
09-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Getting San Diego, at home, the week after the bye and the week before SD goes over to London is huge.

We could easily go 8-0. Remember that buffalo usually has a 3-4 game winning streak after the bye.

Mad Bomber
09-28-2008, 09:27 PM
We could easily go 8-0. Remember that buffalo usually has a 3-4 game winning streak after the bye.
I wouldn't look past Arizona, and DEFFENLY not past San Diego.

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 09:33 PM
I would put Miami at no. 4