PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Wedding next Sunday in New Rochelle, NY

mackey789
09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
My wife is the bridesmaid at a wedding next Sunday during the Bills game (Fountainhead in New Rochelle/Scarsdale near NYC). No clue why they would schedule a wedding on a Sunday during football.

Does anyone know the AM or FM radio station in the NYC area to catch the Bills game? Or any nearby bars that may have the game? I plan on wiring a headphone in my ear at the ceremony. I am also open to disappearing to find a nearby bar. I have not missed a Bills game in person or on TV since 1996. Not about to miss this one.

Please PM me or let me know if you can help!!!

VeggieMan14
09-28-2008, 08:40 PM
My wife is in a wedding next Sunday during the Bills game at the Fountainhead in New Rochelle/Scarsdale near NYC. No clue why they would schedule a wedding on a Sunday during football.

Does anyone know the AM or FM radio station in the NYC area to catch the Bills game? Or any nearby bars that may have the game? I plan on wiring a headphone in my ear at the ceremony. I am also open to disappearing to find a nearby bar. I have not missed a Bills game in person or on TV since 1996. Not about to miss this one.

Please PM me or let me know if you can help!!!your wife is in a wedding? are you poligamist?

justasportsfan
09-28-2008, 08:42 PM
I hope she's not the bride

mackey789
09-28-2008, 08:44 PM
bridesmaid...nonetheless who cares I don't wanna miss this game.

VeggieMan14
09-28-2008, 08:45 PM
bridesmaid...nonetheless who cares I don't wanna miss this game.lol oooo ok and yea i wouldnt know

PromoTheRobot
09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
My wife is the bridesmaid at a wedding next Sunday during the Bills game (Fountainhead in New Rochelle/Scarsdale near NYC). No clue why they would schedule a wedding on a Sunday during football.

Please PM me or let me know if you can help!!!

You are S-O-L. No Bills station near NYC. Closest is Albany. Here's a list of Bills Network stations. (http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/radio.jsp) You're best hope is that one streams on the web. That or find a sports bar by the wedding hall.

(IMHO: Any woman who insists on getting married on a Sunday in football season is potential trouble down the road.)

PTR

PTR

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Do you have a Windows Mobile phone?

New Ro's Greatest
09-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Im from New Rochelle and the closest place is in the city. Mcfaddens or Calico Jacks(Billsbacker bars in NYC) on 42th st and 2nd avenue if you can somehow make it. GO BILLS:D:

mackey789
09-28-2008, 08:56 PM
This blows ass. Why the ***** would someone get married on a Sunday during football season? I have an LG that opens up into a bigger screen - able to get V-cast and everything but not sure if it has windows.

The Spaz
09-28-2008, 08:57 PM
This is why I am getting married during the bye week...lol.:up::beers:

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 09:16 PM
This is why I am getting married during the bye week...lol.:up::beers:
Poor wife to be :ill:

:lol: congrats. Married life is great.

im4bflo
09-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I've got a wedding to go to next Sunday, I told them "see you at the reception".
They know better. I've never missed a game!

trapezeus
09-28-2008, 10:43 PM
this happened to me during the first game of the season. it is the most tragic thing you can go through. it's like watching yourself go through a car accident during a 4 hour period. i got sick before the wedding probably from thinking about how much i hated missing the game.

clumping platelets
09-29-2008, 12:53 AM
Just call in sick :sick:

dannyek71
09-29-2008, 07:17 AM
A few approaches to take

A) Do you have any friends who are Drs? If so, have them put you in a fake cast the day before you are to leave. Say how your leg hurts REALLY bad, but you still want to go to the wedding. Your wife will probably not make you go.

B) Break up with her. Give her the whole "I need to figure things out speech." Stay home, watch the game. Since she is going to a wedding, she will come back all lovey dovey and you can get her back once she comes back from the wedding.

C) Dump a bunch of xlax in her drink before you go. That way SHE is too sick to make the trip. Thereforce it's not your fault at all.

D) There has to be a sports bar fairly close by. As soon as the ceremony starts, start to cry and say "I am NO good at weddings". And then run out. Go find the bar and watch the game there. Once the game is over, go back to the wedding. Tell your wife how embarrassed you were for crying. Tell her it reminded you too much of your wedding with her and how much you love her. She will sympathize with you and you will score points AND get to watch the game. If she gets mad at you for leaving so long, tell her you were just totally embarrassed for being a guy and crying like that. Tell her how you felt awkward for being more sensitive than other guys.

njsue
09-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Check your PM.

:;

njsue
09-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Have you checked your pm?