• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

OpIv37's Postgame Review

It's tempting to make this article the most simplistic analysis in the history of mankind:

The Positve: the 2nd half.
    The Negative: the 1st half.

But I feel like I owe BZ and any readers more than that. Plus, I'm way too opinionated to stop without commenting further.

First of all, props to the coaching staff for halftime adjustments. They were horrible at it the last two years, but they're great at it this year.

Link.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: OpIv37's Postgame Review

Donte Whitner had a great game. He flew from the other side of the field to take Jackson's feet out on that 9 yard run, and he was blitzing but still managed to chase Jackson down on that screen play near the end. Both of those plays went for significant gains, but without Whitner's efforts they're both touchdowns. He also had a sack and a stop at the line of scrimmage.

I had to make sure this stood out.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

"Second, if we've confirmed one thing this year, it's that Steve Fairchild was a terrible OC. "

How true!!
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Mitchell55
        only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        Donte Whitner had a great game. He flew from the other side of the field to take Jackson's feet out on that 9 yard run, and he was blitzing but still managed to chase Jackson down on that screen play near the end. Both of those plays went for significant gains, but without Whitner's efforts they're both touchdowns. He also had a sack and a stop at the line of scrimmage.

I think OP was on drugs. He would never say that.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

good job OP!
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

gosh, op takes a lot of flak around here for being observant of plays. Obviously, being 4-0 is the most important thing. but you can't escape the fact that they almost lost to two weak teams. good teams find ways to win, but i think we'll all rest better when we see the bills play the chargers and play up to snuff for 4 quarters.

Comment

• Cntrygal
              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
              • Jul 2002

It would be nice if they played to their level instead of their opponents level!
              Originally posted by notacon
              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Like I said before, it has more to do with the scheme than it does Whitner lacking the talent or skill to play the position well.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mitchell59
                  I think OP was on drugs. He would never say that.
                  No, I said it.

I believe in giving credit where credit is due and blame where blame is due.

Overall, I haven't been happy with Whitner, but he came to play today so I gave him his due.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• shelby
                    The Vanilla *****
                    • Jul 2002

Op!

Comment

• Dujek
                      Hall of Fame Zoner
                      • Jan 2008

I was going to quote that bit as well. Fair play to Op, he can admit when he's wrong.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

But I feel like I owe BZ and any readers more than that.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                            I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                            • Sep 2004

-Ashton Youboty may be the best tackler on the team.
                            Antoine Winfield??

Great job, compadre!
                            The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

i thought the same thing about Lynch and if he's hurting. there was one play in particular where it looked like he hurt himself and they cut from the action. and when they came back he wasn't laying on the ground. he came back later, but he was pretty exhausted and laying around on a lot of the plays.

hurt or not, he did get better as the game wore on. if he can survive the arizona game relatively unscathed, he'll get some healing time on the bye.

Comment

Working...
                              X