PDA

View Full Version : It just amazes me

snow1989
09-28-2008, 10:36 PM
I don't post much, usually because all I read are b***ch sessions...but it amazes me that the bills get to 4-0 and much of what I read is negative. Earlier in the year people were saying, maybe the play-offs, maybe 9-7, 10-6 would be good, but now it seems unless they play a complete dominating game no-one is happy.

Trent is technically a first year quarterback. Hardy is a rookie. Poz is technically a rookie. A new offensive coordinator is in with a new system. C'mon people cut them some slack....geez. Yes, there are issues to be addressed and corrected. Name me a team that doesn't have them?

I've read very few threads that mention that these Bills have not quit even being down late in the 3rd, or the 4th. Isn't there something to be said for their resiliency? The fact they hang tough and don't throw in the towel?

Half-time thread was all about they suck, they're going to lose...they made the adjustments, they hung tough, they won. Good god last year most of you were happy winning a game, this year it seems like people expect perfection. Give me a break.

imbondz
09-28-2008, 10:38 PM
:bf1:

Sportsuser101
09-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Would be a pretty boring message board if everybody were homers and said nothing but positives things to say. The Bills played an absolutely terrible team and won but they should have killed this team and the score was a bit misleading.

snow1989
09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
So I'm a homer because I'll take the win ugly as it was and let them take another week to address their issues? Um, ok...I can live with that.

Coach Sal
09-28-2008, 10:52 PM
I don't post much, usually because all I read are b***ch sessions...but it amazes me that the bills get to 4-0 and much of what I read is negative. Earlier in the year people were saying, maybe the play-offs, maybe 9-7, 10-6 would be good, but now it seems unless they play a complete dominating game no-one is happy.

Trent is technically a first year quarterback. Hardy is a rookie. Poz is technically a rookie. A new offensive coordinator is in with a new system. C'mon people cut them some slack....geez. Yes, there are issues to be addressed and corrected. Name me a team that doesn't have them?

I've read very few threads that mention that these Bills have not quit even being down late in the 3rd, or the 4th. Isn't there something to be said for their resiliency? The fact they hang tough and don't throw in the towel?

Half-time thread was all about they suck, they're going to lose...they made the adjustments, they hung tough, they won. Good god last year most of you were happy winning a game, this year it seems like people expect perfection. Give me a break.

Good post. And absolutely correct. I notice the same thing.

To be fair, I know we are all passionate and we just want to win and no matter what the record of the Bills or the opponent we get frustrated when the Bills don't do the things we'd like to see happen.

However, I can't fathom how so many Bills fans can complain about so much considering this team is 4-0. ANY win is a good win in the NFL. Take a look around. The Cowboys lost AT HOME to the Skins. The Broncos lost to the lowly Chiefs. Both WERE undefeated. The Bills still ARE! Yet we have people who have to find things to complain about.

I'm all for critiquing. I do it every week on the radio and on TV. But the stuff I'm talking about is stuff on here that goes WAY beyond that: This guy sucks, that guy is horrible, the coaching staff didn't do a good job, Jauron should have kicked the field goal......WTF?!?! How can ANY Bills fan be spoiled at all?!?! Let alone so much to actually ***** about this stuff after wins!?!?

Finally, all that being said, I think I know why it happens more than anything. Because even if the Bills win, some people get upset that they didn't win the WAY THEY WANTED them to win. And that's ridiculous.

Dr. Lecter
09-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Offering a critique is one thing.

Obsessing over the negative right now is quite another.

snow1989
09-28-2008, 11:00 PM
And I admit they have things to work on, but hey....they won so I'll take the "W" anytime. Right now they remind me a bit of Bernie Kosar and the Cardiac Kids which might lead to more premature graying, but who knows...some woman find it 'stately' *chuckle*

Cntrygal
09-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Anyone know where the "prediction" thread is? I'd be curious to see who thought we would be 4-0 with the POSSIBILITY of being 5-0 at the BYE. I vaguely remember alot of 2-3's and 3-2's....

:gobills:

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:02 PM
:bf1:

Just win.

mchurchfie
09-28-2008, 11:25 PM
This is a messageboard, there will always be negative nancies.

hammerbillsfan
09-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Anyone know where the "prediction" thread is? I'd be curious to see who thought we would be 4-0 with the POSSIBILITY of being 5-0 at the BYE. I vaguely remember alot of 2-3's and 3-2's....

:gobills:

Here was Ingtar's prediction:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=159323&highlight=season

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Here was Ingtar's prediction:
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=159323&highlight=season
:oops: