PDA

View Full Version : Peters in the spotlight

LABillsFan
09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Bills offensive left tackle Jason Peters may be doubting—if not regretting—his offseason strategy ....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aj8srtNzpQSzxgfVaLVKRpR.2bYF?slug=billsshowresilienceasthe&prov=tsn&type=lgns

The Spaz
09-28-2008, 10:55 PM
I was absolutely pissed when was schooled by ****ing rookie Chris Long!!! Play like a Pro Bowl OT if you want more money.:mad:

LABillsFan
09-28-2008, 10:59 PM
He got schooled by a rookie last week as well.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-28-2008, 11:03 PM
he's getting schooled the entire time....

makes you wonder if he really is worth alll that money everyone was saying he was worth eh?

LABillsFan
09-28-2008, 11:06 PM
Think about it though. If the Bills are 4-0 with a so so LT, imagine if they go out and get a better one. TE might actually not have to fear for his life

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:09 PM
:lmao: this thread is hilarious.

TrEd FTW
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
His opening-drive holding penalty pissed me off more than anything. They never showed a replay, so who knows whether it was a legit call, but that killed a ton of early momentum and assisted in the Bills' lackluster start.

Dr. Pepper
09-28-2008, 11:12 PM
:lmao: this thread is hilarious.

no your man-crush on peters is hilarious.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:19 PM
no your man-crush on peters is hilarious.Hardly, I just question whether any of you actually know what you're talking about. Thus far it's pretty clear that you have little, if any idea.

The Spaz
09-28-2008, 11:21 PM
LMFAO. I guess I was mistaken that Peters got beat a lot today. A lot of our o-line sucked too but when Peters is supposedly our best o-linemen you are going to take most of the heat.

mchurchfie
09-28-2008, 11:22 PM
I have been preaching that we need to be patient with Peters until he gets back up to speed, but the fact that it is starting to take so long for that to happen really magnifies his holdout and makes him look much worse. He really needs to start getting his **** together soon.:cynic:

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:25 PM
LMFAO. I guess I was mistaken that Peters got beat a lot today. A lot of our o-line sucked too but when Peters is supposedly our best o-linemen you are going to take most of the heat.
And he should take heat, it's pretty clear that he's not physically/mentally at the same level as he was last season. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there was a new offense installed over the off-season and he wasn't here to learn it, thus he's probably a bit behind on blocking schemes and terminology. Physically, the guy hasn't put on pads for the better part of a year prior to week two, logic would say that his body will take time to get back into the flow of things.

Trust me, in retrospect he knows that he ****ed up by sitting out, but that's life and he'll be back and ready to go soon enough. If I had to guess I'd say post bye-week we should start to see him return to his old form once more. BTW, he still is our best OL; every one of them looked like crap today so there's plenty of finger pointing to go around.

LABillsFan
09-28-2008, 11:26 PM
I didn't expect much from him until after the bye. But man he looks lost on some of those plays.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:27 PM
I didn't expect much from him until after the bye. But man he looks lost on some of those plays.
No doubt about it, but will you deny that the other four don't look like they are up to par on some plays as well? Walker got his ass handed to him on a few plays today, as did Butler, and Fowler. Dockery is looking like :poop: thus far and is not proving to be worth what we paid him. Problem is, those guys were all in camp, all know the play book, etc..... What's their excuse?

The Spaz
09-28-2008, 11:29 PM

Yes he does and when he finally flips the switch I will be more than glad to quit ripping on him. I just don't want to keep hearing him say "one more week".

TrEd FTW
09-28-2008, 11:29 PM
And he should take heat, it's pretty clear that he's not physically/mentally at the same level as he was last season. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there was a new offense installed over the off-season and he wasn't here to learn it, thus he's probably a bit behind on blocking schemes and terminology. Physically, the guy hasn't put on pads for the better part of a year prior to week two, logic would say that his body will take time to get back into the flow of things.

Trust me, in retrospect he knows that he ****ed up by sitting out, but that's life and he'll be back and ready to go soon enough. If I had to guess I'd say post bye-week we should start to see him return to his old form once more. BTW, he still is our best OL; every one of them looked like crap today so there's plenty of finger pointing to go around. Agreed. Peters has been rough at times this year, but he's also been dominant. I expect we'll see the Pro Bowl version of him more as the season goes on. He's too talented to not come around soon. You look at last week's game v. Oakland -- we don't win without his second-half blocking.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Agreed. Peters has been rough at times this year, but he's also been dominant. I expect we'll see the Pro Bowl version of him more as the season goes on. He's too talented to not come around soon. You look at last week's game v. Oakland -- we don't win without his second-half blocking.
:bf1:

If he was showing no signs I'd be worried, but he looks like his old self 90% of the time. The other 10% can be attributed to the natural rust accumulated from sitting on your ass for the better part of a year.

LABillsFan
09-28-2008, 11:31 PM
No doubt about it, but will you deny that the other four don't look like they are up to par on some plays as well? Walker got his ass handed to him on a few plays today, as did Butler, and Fowler. Dockery is looking like :poop: thus far and is not proving to be worth what we paid him. Problem is, those guys were all in camp, all know the play book, etc..... What's their excuse?

Sorry man, spot light is on Peters. Peters, if he is the cornerstone of the line, has to show why that is and he hasn't. Penalties, wiffs and as I said early little if any second effort.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Sorry man, spot light is on Peters. Peters, if he is the cornerstone of the line, has to show why that is and he hasn't. Penalties, wiffs and as I said early little if any second effort.
Fair enough, I don't agree on the second effort part at all though. I can think of several plays off the top of my head where he was the only one who made it to the second level to make his block.

PECKERWOOD
09-28-2008, 11:36 PM

Trust me, in retrospect he knows that he ****ed up by sitting out, but that's life and he'll be back and ready to go soon enough. If I had to guess I'd say post bye-week we should start to see him return to his old form once more. BTW, he still is our best OL; every one of them looked like crap today so there's plenty of finger pointing to go around.

He's looked like **** and he has only had himself to blame for it. GREED kills, especially chemistry on the OL to say the least. I hope we don't pay Jason Peters because of his me-first attitude. We got 3 years to find his replacement, don't pay the man. If he came out and played like a franchise LT it would be a different story. He's given up over 5 sacks in a 3 game period? Did Mike Williams even do that bad? I've counted 2 penalties on 71 today, and atleast one last week that I know of. Man, he has been God awful.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:37 PM
He's looked like **** and he has only had himself to blame for it. GREED kills, especially chemistry on the OL to say the least. I hope we don't pay Jason Peters because of his me-first attitude. We got 3 years to find his replacement, don't pay the man.
:lmao:

PECKERWOOD
09-28-2008, 11:39 PM
:lmao:

Find one thing in my post that is false. The statistics I posted were pretty much dead on.

LABillsFan
09-28-2008, 11:40 PM
He's looked like **** and he has only had himself to blame for it. GREED kills, especially chemistry on the OL to say the least. I hope we don't pay Jason Peters because of his me-first attitude. We got 3 years to find his replacement, don't pay the man.

Yeah I was upset with him and still am, but even I'll give him a bit before throwing him out. The line needs help especially at picking up the blitzes. That will come once the running game can get 4-5 per carry and or the passing game hits big on a more consistant basis. The situation is that the line is what it is until it is address if at all next year.

TrEd FTW
09-28-2008, 11:43 PM
Completely disagree. When you have a proven Pro Bowl LT who's young, you don't cut the cord. He's struggled, but you know what? So has Lynch, whose best statistical rushing game this season is an 83-yard outing. Should we also get rid of him for not being in top form yet? No way.

Peters wil come around -- I'd almost guarantee it. And when he does, a team that's already undefeated will be that much more formidable.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Find one thing in my post that is false. The statistics I posted were pretty much dead on.

You realize how hard it is to find a franchise LT? For some teams it literally takes a decade or more, that's why you see so many of them taken in round one every single year.

Secondly the guy is an NFL player, news flash for you.............. THEY'RE ALL GREEDY! It might not seem right to you or I but that's how it is, and rightfully so. For years the owners stuck it to the players (and sometimes still do), now the tables have turned and it's the players turn. Like I said before, he screwed up, he knows it, you know it, I know it. But that doesn't detract from the fact that he's still a Pro Bowl caliber player, our best OL, and a franchise LT. Come back to me around week eight, if he's still playing poorly I might start agreeing with you more, until then I'm giving him a few more weeks to get back into playing shape both mentally and physically.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah I was upset with him and still am, but even I'll give him a bit before throwing him out. The line needs help especially at picking up the blitzes. That will come once the running game can get 4-5 per carry and or the passing game hits big on a more consistant basis. The situation is that the line is what it is until it is address if at all next year.
We have no choice but to address it next season. Fowler is a FA (if I'm not mistaken) and I expect us to draft one early.

PECKERWOOD
09-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Completely disagree. When you have a proven Pro Bowl LT who's young, you don't cut the cord. He's struggled, but you know what? So has Lynch, who's best statistical rushing game this season is an 83-yard outing. Should we also get rid of him for not being in top form yet? No way.

Peters wil come around -- I'd almost guarantee it. And when he does, a team that's already undefeated will be that much more formidable.

Peters is ANYTHING but proven, he has been to ONE pro-bowl and he couldn't even follow up the year after. If Peters is such a stud, then why is he immediately breaking towards a pay day after his first pro-bowl? If he is such a pimp, then surely he will make it to the pro-bowl again and will be rewarded. We already paid him once accordingly, now let him assure us that he is a pro-bowl calibre player before we pay him accordingly again, so far he has not done that. Getting to the top ain't the hardest part, it's all about staying on top.

TrEd FTW
09-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Peters is ANYTHING but proven, he has been to ONE pro-bowl and he couldn't even follow up the year after. . Pretty sure he made the Pro Bowl last season, in his first full year at LT. He's a premier talent and player who's off to a tough start. Patience is a virtue, especially when your team's 4-0. What happened in the summer -- and how he and Gene Parker handled it was 100 percent wrong -- is ancient history. I'm not about holding grudges at this point; I'm focused on seeing this team win ballgames and continue to separate itself in the AFC East and conference as a whole. Peters, as the year progresses, is gonna help the Bills win in the trenches and, in turn, win games.

PECKERWOOD
You realize how hard it is to find a franchise LT? For some teams it literally takes a decade or more, that's why you see so many of them taken in round one every single year.

Secondly the guy is an NFL player, news flash for you.............. THEY'RE ALL GREEDY! It might not seem right to you or I but that's how it is, and rightfully so. For years the owners stuck it to the players (and sometimes still do), now the tables have turned and it's the players turn. Like I said before, he screwed up, he knows it, you know it, I know it. But that doesn't detract from the fact that he's still a Pro Bowl caliber player, our best OL, and a franchise LT. Come back to me around week eight, if he's still playing poorly I might start agreeing with you more, until then I'm giving him a few more weeks to get back into playing shape both mentally and physically.

news flash for you.............. THEY'RE ALL GREEDY!

NEWS FLASH: The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league and so far Peters has done NOTHING for the Bills lately but hurt them. Peters will not make the Pro-bowl this year, you can count on that and I'm willing to wager all my ZB's on it. Remember how you bet against me on the Portis bet, you lost. Bet with me again and you will lose again.

gr8slayer
Peters is ANYTHING but proven, he has been to ONE pro-bowl and he couldn't even follow up the year after. If Peters is such a stud, then why is he immediately breaking towards a pay day after his first pro-bowl? If he is such a pimp, then surely he will make it to the pro-bowl again and will be rewarded. We already paid him once accordingly, now let him assure us that he is a pro-bowl calibre player before we pay him accordingly again, so far he has not done that. Getting to the top ain't the hardest part, it's all about staying on top.
:shakeno: you don't get it.

PECKERWOOD
09-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Money where the mouth is, wouldn't be the first bet you lost to me.

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:54 PM
NEWS FLASH: The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league and so far Peters has done NOTHING for the Bills lately but hurt them. Peters will not make the Pro-bowl this year, you can count on that and I'm willing to wager all my ZB's on it. Remember how you bet against me on the Portis bet, you lost. Bet with me again and you will lose again.
The one about him going over a hundred yards and having two TD's? I honestly don't remember, but if that was the one you were wrong, he didn't score any.

This is getting better, ok, you obviously know exactly what you're talking about or you wouldn't continue to berate Peters at every step. So I ask a favor of you; last week I posted in detail what I think is wrong with him: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=161711

Since you know exactly what you're talking about please do the same, in the same level of detail instead of just saying "he sucks."

gr8slayer
09-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Money where the mouth is, wouldn't be the first bet you lost to me.:rofl: please, post the link to this bet. I honestly don't recall having a bet with anyone.

DrGraves
09-28-2008, 11:56 PM
JASON PETERS SUCKS!!!!! trade him while hes still worth at 7th round pick

PECKERWOOD
09-29-2008, 12:03 AM
:rofl: please, post the link to this bet. I honestly don't recall having a bet with anyone.

I have nothing to prove to you.

This is the conversation:

I can see Clinton having a big game.

Define "big game"

And against the #6 rush defense allowing less than 85 yards per game?

While that may be true, it's been documented that Portis usually gets off to a great start but he has had problems closing out seasons. I see 100-115 yards for Portis and 1-2TD's.

Fair enough, I don't see it happening against Dallas, especially @ Dallas but we'll see.

You're always willing to doubt everything I have to say like Ms. Debbie Downer from SNL but in reality I was pretty freaking close with my predictions. You on the other hand, you just spew the most negative thing on your mind that could possibly derail somebody else's comments. You will always assume the negative and leave yourself a little opening at the end incase your wrong because you don't have the balls to go out on a limb.

but we'll see.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 12:07 AM
:rofl: again, where was the bet? That was hardly a bet. Congratulations, Portis had a hundred yards, you also said he would score 1-2 times and you were wrong. This is hilarious, now you're trying to change the subject because you don't know what you're talking about regarding Peters. You just see that a bunch of people say "he sucks" so you figure you'll join in with them. Very, very sad.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Even better, you took what I said completely out of context. You took "but we'll see" as a macho, "I'm right and you're wrong" statement instead of taking it at face value for what it was. You're hilarious, do you struggle with your self image by chance? You sure seem up in arms about a regular every day conversation regarding a football team.

Oaf
09-29-2008, 01:37 AM
I'm glad that people outside us are realizing that Peters sucks right now and that he really shot himself with that holdout.

Dr. Pepper
09-29-2008, 03:10 AM

now see, that's a much better response than "this thread is hilarious." I agree with all your points here.