PDA

View Full Version : Play Calling

buffalony85
09-28-2008, 11:43 PM
First off this is not in any way a dis against Turk (what he has done so far has been great) but there is a few things I feel he needs to call more often...

1. Screen Pass- With defenses able to pin they're ears back and send the house at us and get to our QB, you would think a few more screens would be called whether it being to a half back, receiver, or a tight end to slow down they're pass rush.

2. Reverse- All of our receivers have had success with the reverse, why we haven't called one yet is beyond me. We need to get our receivers into space so they can use they're speed to make plays.

3. Toss Play- I haven't seen this play ran more than one time in a game since the Broncos game last year where we were very effective running it, I would like to see Lynch/Jackson in space with Peters and Dockery Leading the way.

TrEd FTW
09-28-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm pretty much with you vis-a-vis the utilization of screen passes. But the lack of reverses isn't something that's bothersome to me.

DrGraves
09-28-2008, 11:59 PM
we need roscoe to run reverses.

gr8slayer
09-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I don't get where the screen passes have gone. We threw a few in the pre-season and now their suddenly not even a part of the game plan. What gives?

buffalony85
09-29-2008, 12:02 AM
we need roscoe to run reverses.No necessarily it wouldn't surprise me if we split Fred Jackson out and ran it with him, also Lee Evans was very effective at running reverses in his rookie season, why we never give it to him anymore is beyond me.

djjimkelly
09-29-2008, 12:02 AM
the one thing he needs to stop running is the trap running game.

it seems to me we are trying to be too finesse in the running game.

Lexwhat
09-29-2008, 12:03 AM
I have something to add:

Play-calling on 1st down has been terrible, IMO. We always run the same old simple draw plays. We need to be much more creative on 1st down.

Historian
09-29-2008, 04:57 AM
I would have like to seen that bootleg by trent, and the ensuing pass to Royal that was so successful two weeks ago.

jamze132
09-29-2008, 05:29 AM
I'm waiting for the flea flicker to be pulled out.

I want to see Lynch take the pitch outside of the tackles 2-3 times and on the 4th time, he chucks it deep.

I also want to see the Double Fake Triple Punt Playaction Naked Bootleg Tetrapod Reverse a little more this season...

YardRat
09-29-2008, 05:33 AM
1. I don't think Turk expected that much pressure from the StL defense and wasn't planning on having to use the screen. One could argue that he should have made the adjustment at halftime and threw a play or two into the gameplan, but then again you can't really argue with the success they had in the second half.

2. The reverse sucks with Parrish and Reed running it. How many times in the past couple of years did we witness that play fail miserably, and why would you want it back?

3. Wouldn't mind seeing the toss put back in.