PDA

View Full Version : My "Work In Progress" Thinking Looks Spot On

Night Train
09-29-2008, 04:48 AM
Unlike the " Realists " who couldn't see any positives during the off-season, I stated The Bills could still win games while growing up as a team. (That annoying optimism of mine )

The Bills still need some additional help next year in the OL,LB and a few other spots but that doesn't mean we still couldn't pull out games THIS year.

We're doing exactly that and the big positive is our 4th quarter play.

Now we need to basically play .500 ball the rest of the season to secure 10 wins and a playoff spot.(Injuries & other factors withstanding)

We'll lose some games but if people can't see this moving in the right direction, then go find a frontrunner bandwagon to latch onto.

It gets better each week and we're far from a finished product. That's very encouraging.

jamze132
09-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Granted Trent has us moving the ball in the 4th qtr, I'm glad we have a soft schedule this year.

Jan Reimers
09-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Unlike the " Realists " who couldn't see any positives during the off-season, I stated The Bills could still win games while growing up as a team. (That annoying optimism of mine )

The Bills still need some additional help next year in the OL,LB and a few other spots but that doesn't mean we still couldn't pull out games THIS year.

We're doing exactly that and the big positive is our 4th quarter play.

Now we need to basically play .500 ball the rest of the season to secure 10 wins and a playoff spot.(Injuries & other factors withstanding)

We'll lose some games but if people can't see this moving in the right direction, then go find a frontrunner bandwagon to latch onto.

It gets better each week and we're far from a finished product. That's very encouraging.
I totally agree, and love the way we're winning while learning and maturing. Peters will certainly return to form once he knocks the rust off, and a number of our young guys are progressing nicely, including Butler, Poz, Whitner, Simpson, Youboty, Kyle Williams and McKelvin, who made a good debut in the secondary yesterday.

I think Hardy will eventually help the offense, although he has a way to go, and Lynch and Edwards will only get better with experience.

If we can find ways (screens and draws) to beat the blitz, and give Lynch and Jackson some run blocking, we could be in for a nice run.

HHURRICANE
09-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Sorry, but I think we all waited long enough for some wins around here. The Bills don't get passes for being young. Coaches are getting fired in their 3rd year, so being patient doesn't really apply in this league.

The Bills are developing good chemistry and are playing well for what they have. Jauron has to get some credit for the job he has done.

However, anything less than a division title will be a major disappointment because a 4-0 start is something you should be able to "build" off of.

Philagape
09-29-2008, 08:16 AM
It's taking time to put together a complete game, but if they're going to play big for a portion of a game, they've picked the correct portion.
They have the attitude, poise and adjustments of winners.